YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1160367 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:

DMK

Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#941  May 08, 2013, 10:02:17 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Silent Hill 2

dat was spookeh. Good controls, great port and nicely done voice acting. It was an amazing game to play and now I move onto Silent Hill 4 and then after that or during Downpour.

P.S. That fucking feeling while running underneath the labyrinth, looking for the buster sword. NOPENOPENOPE

GOH

#942  May 08, 2013, 10:31:27 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Prison iz bes nope imo
#943  May 08, 2013, 10:12:19 pm
  • Dark Templar
Dishonored, and I must say is really boring to me, the environments are nothing special, nothing remarkable on the designs or the story or anything else, I think the powers set aspire to be somewhat of Soul Reaver's power set, anyway I regret this rental.
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#944  May 08, 2013, 10:18:29 pm
I haven't played it but I hear the game is only as good as how you play it.
#945  May 10, 2013, 03:56:53 am
  • For honor!
Jumping Flash!
--------------------------
Not much to this game and it's too easy, but it has a weird charm to it. The music is pretty nice.
Iroha stripped for me
#946  May 10, 2013, 06:00:19 pm
  • Dark Templar
 The Walking Dead (360)

Well, my feelings about it are mixed, in one hand you got a nice story, sound is decent, good characters, and a catoonish graphstyle like borderlands, in the other hand you got some "tablet-like" controls, clumsy anims, boring level design, you do more chitchat than zombie asskickin, even when they say the game develops as how you play, well there are a lot of common features to make it way too linear, dunno, I think this game is good for tablets, Iphones and such not for console.
I'm Just Bored To Tears
#947  May 10, 2013, 06:58:56 pm
  • SNK is life
The Walking Dead (360)

you do more chitchat than zombie asskickin
:uhoh:

... the Walking Dead (everything) is not about the action, it's a tale of re-defining the concept of humanity through the eyes of survivors in a post apocalyptic world.

#948  May 10, 2013, 07:03:03 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Or to but it simple: not every game needs to be shooty-bang-splatterfest. More story based games are more then welcome these days.

I still need to play walking dead though.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#949  May 11, 2013, 02:28:51 am
  • Creative Mastermind
    • Chile
    • barbwireproductions.wordpress.com
TNA iMPACT! PS2 and 360 versions.

Great story mode (because actually IS a story mode) and a very fun game overall. Good roster and amazing graphics. The only bad part is there aren't much stipulation matches in the console versions, but it's ok. I like it.
#950  May 11, 2013, 04:09:48 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
God of War Ascension

It´s so beautiful. Amazing gameplay, pretty nice story, great design of levels. In some moments the camera is annoying thought but thankfully are very few. Overall, a very enjoyable experience and the final battle is really epic :D
Chilling

DMK

#951  May 11, 2013, 10:52:42 am
    • USA
New Tomb Raider

Pretty bland game with boring characters, besides a few sections it was a snooze fest and lacked everything past Raider games had. I see no reason for any praise it got. Traps? Thinking mans platforming? Please God let this series rest in pieces.

5.4/10
#952  May 11, 2013, 08:20:25 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
megaman x7 yeeeeees!
#953  May 12, 2013, 08:00:58 pm
  • Dark Templar
@DMK: Does it lack boobs!? Damn then I wont rent that one  :(
I'm Just Bored To Tears
#954  May 12, 2013, 08:19:42 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fight Club (PS2)
A 3D fighter.Based on the movie of the same name.
I love the fact that you can break opponents bones during the fight,and also that you can switch levels during battle(Fighting in a bar,kick the opponent at the door,now you are fighting at the parking lot)
Although,its glitchy sometimes(Charachters sometimes getting frozen in an animation,The neck on Halo sometimes has a will of its own and just removes it self from the body)
And its way too slow if you pick anyone who doesnt use Kung Fu

Overall,6 /10.There were better games.Much better.
#955  May 12, 2013, 08:39:57 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

In familiar terms: what if Dark Souls difficulty, Assassin's Creed parkour, Shadow of the Colossus climbing, The Elder Scrolls exploration, Monster Hunter battles and Resident Evil pre-4 survival and combination elements all went to the most bitchin' orgy without going out of control?
That's what this game is. It's the most free-form action RPG I have played yet that didn't require mods.

9/10 because I wish your main pawn wasn't mandatory. No, throwing it off a cliff doesn't count.
#956  May 12, 2013, 11:32:19 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Fight Club (PS2)

I remember reading about that title and have always wanted to try it. Out of curiousity, of course. Even official reviewers had so-so things to say about it.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

This sounds pretty cool. I'm a huge Assassins Creed fan, and I was blown away by Fallout 3's vast exploration options. Getting lost was one of the best damned things to do in that game. I played the entire thing without a guide. Sadly, I have both Elder Scrolls and Skyrim. And Skyrim is still in the shrinkwrap.

One day I suppose...

RoboCop (NES)

I went on a Robo movie fit recently (It's my favorite film of all time) so I decided to play the NES title. The only thing the game has going for it are the cutscenes that play closely to the film, as well as the stages that follow the film's progression (Streets, Town Hall, OCP Headquarters, etc.). His arsenal is also somewhat competent. Otherwise, the game is kinda boring and rough around the edges. It moves slowly, hence boring, and some enemy types don't make any sense. Yeaaaaaaaaaah... lets have a guy who runs and jump kicks a cyborg. Or attack hounds that think RoboCop is a mailman.  o_O

Since I'm a RoboCop fan, I dig it. But that's all I really have to say about it.

Robo-Fan says 6.5/10

Otherwise, a generous 5/10
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.

DMK

#957  May 13, 2013, 12:43:51 am
    • USA
#958  May 13, 2013, 08:13:14 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Sadly, I have both Elder Scrolls and Skyrim.
Elder Scrolls is the series, though, not a title in it.  Do you mean the original Elder Scrolls, Arena?  Or Oblivion?

Poker Night at the Inventory 2
Well, the game itself isn't anything too special, it's simulated Texas Hold'em and Omaha, simple enough.  Layout's simple, easy guide to follow if you must see what Brock, Claptrap, Ash, Sam and GLaDOS have to say, but doesn't hold your hand throughout, so better to actually know how to play beforehand.

If you know the individuals in it, the stories between them are hilarious and highly entertaining.  If not, not much to get from it.

For the dialogue, while they repeat the common lines, there's a bunch of them, so it doesn't get too repetitive (Though Claptrap's "Auto-fold activated!" line got annoying fast).  But the longer stories are great.  Things from Claptrap becoming infatuated by picturing HELPeR in Brock's chest, to GLaDOS teaching that Brock is really Ash's great-great descendant to everyone in the room singing Sam & Max's theme song to them, the conversation between them goes by so perfectly, you'd figure they've been in a show or game together for years.  And there's a few stories that cover multiple poker games to reach the end, like Brock loaning Dr. Orpheus to help Ash with Wendy; mostly with supernatural abnormalities and wedding planning.

So yea, fun week or so of listening to interesting what-if stories between them and winning some nice Borderlands 2 stuff.  Worth the $10 in my book.
#959  May 13, 2013, 12:14:30 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Ratchet and Clank

Yes, I am really just finishing this for the first time.  I had a lot of fun with this game.  It's challenging, which I like in a platformer, and it had some really interesting level design and fun weapons.  I did however hate almost all of the non platforming parts (trespasser puzzles, board races....) and the slowdown when a bunch of enemies and projectiles would be on screen at once was really fucking annoying.  Otherwise it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I played it.  And now back to....*sigh*....Metal Gear Rising....
#960  May 13, 2013, 02:54:04 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
bioshock infinite  8/10 - great game, great story.  I just beat normal, not sure if I want to try 1999 mode.