YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1207215 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#1001  June 05, 2013, 05:03:33 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Mass Effect 2

I wasn't really that big a fan of the gameplay; it got pretty repetitive after a while (then again I beat it over the course of one weekend so yeah). I loved the characters, though. Good god, the characters are awesome. I especially find myself mesmerized by The Illusive Man's eyes. I could stare at them all day long. :sweetheart:
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1002  June 05, 2013, 06:03:04 pm
Gunpoint.

Basically a 2D version of Watch_Dogs that doesn't suck with less pewpew bits. Fun and short (took me 2~3 hours fo finish and get A+ on every mission), but not an inch of filler. The gimmick of the Crosslink (basically a mini-level editor) is really neat and allows for a lot of messing around with the levels. There's a bit of replay value in optional objectives, but no real challenge unless you're going for no violence/witnesses.
I'd say it's well worth the 15 bucks I paid for it.
Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:08:21 pm by Demented Fortune Cookie
#1003  June 08, 2013, 10:01:56 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
GTA IV

30+ hours telling the story of how life sucks.

Main complaint would have to be how long story mission respawns take, due to being forced to exit the mission, then re-start it from the beginning.  Otherwords, the game was great.  Certainly better than expected, and I've heard good things about this one over previous titles.
#1004  June 10, 2013, 04:14:38 pm
  • SNK is life
Red Dead Redemption

After 3 Seasons of playing this game (Yeah, it feels that long) I finally say farewell to John Marston. From now on, Masterpiece and RDR are synonyms in my book.

I might play this again sometime later, when NEXT GEN games turn out to be USD $100 and it all goes to shit.
#1005  June 11, 2013, 03:00:42 pm
  • Catch this!
    • Australia
Gta san andreas:

The Story was kinda awesome, And the characters Of Grand theft auto: San andreas.
Your character was named Carl johnson. We can call him Cj.

If you beat this game...
You will have a good job From beating it, Because it's too hard bro.
Maybe, a more harder For noobs , Beginner..
I really don't know what to put as a Signature back then, and now I do. :')
#1006  June 13, 2013, 03:50:05 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Remember Me

Well. I went in expecting something good. I came back knowing I got something much greater than once thought.
The story is excellent; everything from the beginning, to the middle, to the bombastic ending just wowed me. The setting was well-thought out also.
The music fits the motif, and everything just fits together like a LEGO car.
And as much fun as it was for me to toy around with pressens to enhance my combos, I can see how some people would be turned off by it.
As for the memory remixes, they're neat additions, really. And while some people would probably want more, I thought that there was enough of them to make it work.

Overall, I think Remember Me is going down in my Top 10 favorites. It's got great story, great characters, great acting, and Nilin is an awesome protagonist. I give it an 8.5/10

Give it a shot. You might enjoy it as well!

#1007  June 13, 2013, 03:58:58 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

Fairly Solid game, with nice and varied gameplay, Different characters, tons of sidequests to do, many items to collect, all with varied settings and nice music that accompannies it. Only gripes in this game was the sloppy control with one of the characters in the game, and except for a few situations, lives are completely worthless.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#1008  June 13, 2013, 11:56:24 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
BIOSHOCK (Hard Mode)

This is the best FPS/RPG/Adventure game ever. I'm an idiot for not buying/playing it when it first came out. The only thing that's disappointing IMO is the final boss, Atlas. He's so fucking easy. He reminds me of old SNES/PSX boss characters. His pattern is so easy to figure out that it's stupid.

Will definitely buy a copy of Bioshock 2.

So Bioshock Vanilla was packaged with Bioshock Infinte ... WHY IS INFINITE SO FUCKING DIFFERENT? Where's the horror elements? Why did they change the button layout? WHY DO I KEEP ON DYING? :wall:

tl;dr Bioshock is a great game. 9.5/10

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#1009  June 13, 2013, 11:59:33 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Mother 3 (again. It's been a while though)

I love this game.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."

GOH

#1010  June 13, 2013, 01:15:50 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
stuff
Basically everything I felt about the first game. I wish I could have played it when it came out as well.

MARK ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE MY PRESUMED DEAD EVIL CLONE?!
#1011  June 13, 2013, 01:41:24 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
I am HOG, the evil clone of GOH!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hey, is Bioshock 2 any good? Same control layout? Still in Rapture? Complete polar opposite of Bio Infinite? Does it have Side-story DLCs?

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#1012  June 13, 2013, 01:43:43 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Yes, yes, yes, I guess, and yes.  It also has multiplayer with its own story, like Assassin's Creed had starting with Brotherhood.

I just 100% finished Halo 3 yesterday.  Which just means getting a Perfection medal online, kinda finished the game 6 years ago....still, yay.
#1013  June 15, 2013, 01:17:20 am
    • muscleman@dispostable.com
ROM Hack: Megaman 5 Indonesian Artifact

Every aspect of MM5 is expanded on. If you manage to get to a single Robot Master, you deserve a medal.
My past is not today!
https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif
Your signature is too big, please read the forum rules
#1014  June 15, 2013, 07:54:45 pm
  • For honor!
Jumping Flash! 2
--------------------
Same opinion as the original Jumping Flash! up until the final boss in Extra mode. He's total bullshit you only have 3 minutes to kill him and in his second form he flies around while spraying balls at you and won't sit still he even takes so long to actually die that I actually ran out of time when I first killed him. C
Iroha stripped for me
#1015  June 16, 2013, 05:19:30 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Super Metroid.

Yup that old dirt for SNES. It's pretty awesome even if it feels a little sluggish, the maps in this game is pretty big which is a lot of discovery for items. It's not a hundred percent complete, but it's fun.
#1016  June 19, 2013, 09:33:55 am
  • For honor!
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
---------------------------------------------
Finally 100%'d it with all the wacky things I had to do to get all the secrets. It's a pretty nice remake, but the game feels quite a bit slower and clumsier than the original Rondo of Blood which frankly makes the original Rondo Of Blood that you can unlock in this game seem a lot harder because you'll be too used to the remake's slowness. B
Iroha stripped for me
#1017  June 19, 2013, 12:05:41 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Remember Me

Well. I went in expecting something good. I came back knowing I got something much greater than once thought.
The story is excellent; everything from the beginning, to the middle, to the bombastic ending just wowed me. The setting was well-thought out also.
The music fits the motif, and everything just fits together like a LEGO car.
And as much fun as it was for me to toy around with pressens to enhance my combos, I can see how some people would be turned off by it.
As for the memory remixes, they're neat additions, really. And while some people would probably want more, I thought that there was enough of them to make it work.

Overall, I think Remember Me is going down in my Top 10 favorites. It's got great story, great characters, great acting, and Nilin is an awesome protagonist. I give it an 8.5/10

Give it a shot. You might enjoy it as well!

I heard mixed things about this game, some good, some bad. The main two problems are that one, it's too linear, and the second one is that the combat system sucks, as you have no way to deal with multiple enemies and because of that your combos are constantly interrupted, plus the combo system is not really good (they compare it with having different moves like in DMC, which is a far better option).

DMK

#1018  June 19, 2013, 10:57:55 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
I think a better way to comparison would be God Hand for how you can choose to assign moves, where as DMC is all about changing playstyle to weapon movesets.

Uncharted 3

This game was really fun, I could see every cliche from a mile away but it rarely ever toke me completely out of the moment. never played 2, so I went and picked it up yesterday and I can't wait to start it.
#1019  June 19, 2013, 11:22:29 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
I heard mixed things about this game, some good, some bad. The main two problems are that one, it's too linear, and the second one is that the combat system sucks, as you have no way to deal with multiple enemies and because of that your combos are constantly interrupted, plus the combo system is not really good (they compare it with having different moves like in DMC, which is a far better option).

Well, as for the linearity, the story calls for it to be linear. You're always on a mission, that's usually pretty serious, and in times like those, you really can't afford to screw around. But in inFamous 2, you got a giant that's chock full of I-HATE-PEOPLE-AND-THEY-MUST-DIE heading to New Marais, but Cole's got no problem with slinging cars at Grandma Fillis and taking dumps in the streets before moving things along.
So linearity helps with the experience, IMO, and having an open world would just kinda ruin it when you know you can kick someone in the nads and steal their Vespa.

But like I said, I can see why people would dislike the combat.

#1020  June 19, 2013, 11:27:15 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
But what can I say, the world of "Remember Me" looks really awesome, so I really really would have prefered it to be an open world to be able to explore it all. I don't like that I'm stuck in a path and there's an invisible wall blocking me from exploring the rest of the world. I really don't see the point of making this game linear, honestly.

The God Hand comparison was really good, btw. But if we compare God Hand with Remember Me, God Hand battle system is a lot lot better.