YesNoOk

Hashimoto Yamazaki updated (Read 6630 times)

Started by Kung_Fu_Man, November 01, 2007, 03:22:02 pm
Share this topic:
Hashimoto Yamazaki updated
#1  November 01, 2007, 03:22:02 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
  • Three new moves added:

-Dropkick: F, F + HP
-Jackhammer: QCB+K
-Severance Pay: HCF+P
  • 16 Tons is now a level 1 move, while Freight Train is level 2
  • Readme errors fixed
  • noai.cmd is no more. :-X
  • Roll and dodge fixed up to be a lot fairer, tighter control.
  • AI modified again.
  • I've been working on this one for awhile, and figured I'd put it out there. There's a lot as a result that is fixed up that I can't recall.

Please give feedback, input and suggestions. Btw, his story is in the readme now, and isn't as crappy as the old one on Mugen Wiki was (sorry about that :\)

http://randomselect.piiym.net
Hosted -> Hosted Characters -> Kung Fu Man
Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 03:26:31 pm by Kung_Fu_Man
Re: Hashimoto Yamazaki updated
#2  November 01, 2007, 05:09:20 pm
Okay, update up after conversing with Byakko, so redownload guys. Notable bits:
-Severance Pay can now move offscreen *during* the windup. Fun for when you're cornered!
-Fixes, what else did you expect?

EDIT: Dammit, more required fixes. This should be all of them though for now. Reduced damage of the Severance Pay by 1/3 notably.
#3  November 01, 2007, 05:55:38 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen

Standing b can't be comboed into (maybe intentional, I dunno).
The windup animation of  Severence Pay looks a little weird. Maybe if he did his back dash instead of that slide it would look better?

Other than that, no problems.

A couple suggestions:

Guard Cancel attack (costs a stock). If you roll, opponent throws. Fact. A guard cancel attack (nothing fancy, maybe something similar to the blowback attacks from KOF) would help when your on the defence.

Command Throw. Big guys like this usually have command throws. In Kakuge Yaro, I remember some sort of hammerthrow like move.

Anyway, your choice. These are only suggestions.

#4  November 01, 2007, 09:40:28 pm
Standing b can't be comboed into (maybe intentional, I dunno).

Both standing X and Y can combo into it o.O Though Y has narrower time requirements

The windup animation of  Severence Pay looks a little weird. Maybe if he did his back dash instead of that slide it would look better?

Thought about it, but when I was testing this it actually looked humorous (to me anyway), in the sense of him doing a quick slide back to bitchslap the opponent after gathering his strength. Main concern with a backdash was it felt too much like the super Psycho Crusher windup Bison has.

Guard Cancel attack (costs a stock). If you roll, opponent throws. Fact. A guard cancel attack (nothing fancy, maybe something similar to the blowback attacks from KOF) would help when your on the defence.

Been thinking of that, probably not a special he already has but a quick shove or something (he has a shoulder ram in his attack set that would actually fit the idea of attacking during a block).

This isn't the last version (obviously since bits are unfinished for the time being, college sucks balls), but he's going to have more applicable guard roll canceling at a cost of 500 power for it (given how it is I might go a full stock just to keep it balanced). You're invincible to even throws during this roll so you can evade getting nailed.

Command Throw. Big guys like this usually have command throws. In Kakuge Yaro, I remember some sort of hammerthrow like move.

Trying to avoid that: it really feels a bit stereotypical for big guys to have some extremely painful grapple moveset. He is planned to get a running grab attack however to replace the punch grab (basically you grab the opponent and keep going to smash them into the wall. Got the idea from the chicken fight on Family Guy). The hammer swing will appear as an optional finisher for 16 Tons as the 16th hit.

As it stands his moveset from there is pretty much done, just there's still no ultimate (Freight Train is just his level 2 super. He has 3 stocks, after all), and he's kinda covering all bases...so I dunno what to give him as every idea I come up with is either done, an auto combo, or workable, but might either be too much or not worth the cost.

Thanks for the feedback :)
#5  November 02, 2007, 05:02:19 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
L-Biss, huh?  I guess until the robot is MUGENized, L-Biss is Hashi's very own Suave Dude :P

I wonder if Jango's gonna update the Recoome voicepack for Hashi...

Anyways, I got feedback:
- HCB+K drains 2000 power, but still needs only at least 1000 power to do.
- There are moments when the super finish BG would appear during HCB+K while the victim is still alive.  I'm not sure what the exact cause is.
- Multiple super BG's can appear and overlap each other.  One prime example is D,D+K, where the super BG can appear three times.
#6  November 02, 2007, 07:20:13 pm
Hm, yeah I see what the culprit is there and will fix it. Gonna go ahead add a few more things, tweak some others so the next update is at least worthwhile to some extent. Look for something tonight along those lines.
#7  November 02, 2007, 11:10:34 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I wonder if Jango's gonna update the Recoome voicepack for Hashi...

I forget how Kaoru says it in Kenshin, so I'll just say it in English. "Look forward to it, please..." After I finish updating the Tourette's Guy voicepack.

Also feedback when I'm not in a drunken stupor.
#8  November 02, 2007, 11:38:06 pm
Probably "otanoshimi ni".
(no, nothing to say, I already did my share of feedbacks)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9  November 03, 2007, 01:56:34 am
Eh, if I ever wanted to see a voicepack done for Hashimoto seriously, Master Pain/Betty would be the best bet IMO.

-Guard Roll Cancel (re-)added( properly now). Press start while in block stun to roll forward at 500 power. Easy to tell when you do it by the BG flash :P
-if it's an update, it must have an AI tweak in there
-Startup for Severance Pay is immune to non-hyper projectiles. Completely overlooked that.
-Damage from 16 Tons slightly increased by 2 points per hit. Counting the dampener in this, doesn't add a whole lot but does put it on par with the other supers
-Fixed the bugs BBH and Eli mentioned (Super BG coming up at the wrong times, Freight Train costing 1 stock by accident, layered super BGs)
Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:14:40 am by Kung_Fu_Man
#10  November 03, 2007, 05:31:21 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Fortunately I downloaded it after this update, so now I can give feedback! (scattered applause) You already know most of my feedback since I've been saying it since release one, but here's some new stuff.

- Super BG still overlaps.
- Why can I cancel his lv. 2 super into his lv. 1 super?
- For a guy who can't jump, he sure has a lot of gravity defying moves!
- That burning punch super he has could afford to have some edits to have him running or at least like he's flying at the opponent instead of sliding on the ground. As it is, it looks pretty lazy. Ditto for the backslide, as it doesn't look organic at all, and probably could do without.
- Jackhammer is... well, I can't really say much about it. It just doesn't look well-planned out.
- Sound volume and quality varies too greatly, consistency would be good here. Consider using Soundforge's Wave Hammer + Amplify.
- Win music just cuts off too abruptly. At least find the ending to that song or fade out or something.
- No Hitspark for that projectile. Looks awkward.

So in conclusion, still really rough around the edges.

Also haha, I got a shout-out in the readmes, making this the second readme that I've been accused of "bitching" (the first being Claude Speed's screenpack's readme). And I'm updating that voicepack and NO ONE can stop me. >:)

@Byakko: Yeah, that sounds familiar, although I think the ending was "nasai."
#11  November 03, 2007, 08:53:04 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#12  November 03, 2007, 03:50:34 pm
- Super BG still overlaps.

Leaving that one in, to prevent one certain issue where it was disappearing.

- Why can I cancel his lv. 2 super into his lv. 1 super?

Because you can.

- For a guy who can't jump, he sure has a lot of gravity defying moves!

Blame John Belushi.

- That burning punch super he has could afford to have some edits to have him running or at least like he's flying at the opponent instead of sliding on the ground. As it is, it looks pretty lazy. Ditto for the backslide, as it doesn't look organic at all, and probably could do without.

I'm fine with the bitchslap being as is.

- Jackhammer is... well, I can't really say much about it. It just doesn't look well-planned out.

It was actually.

- Sound volume and quality varies too greatly, consistency would be good here. Consider using Soundforge's Wave Hammer + Amplify.

That's something planned on being fixed in the next version.

- Win music just cuts off too abruptly. At least find the ending to that song or fade out or something.

There is no ending or fadeout: It's Raptor's wintheme from NW, and thus ends like that.

- No Hitspark for that projectile. Looks awkward.

Looks fine to me.

Also haha, I got a shout-out in the readmes, making this the second readme that I've been accused of "bitching" (the first being Claude Speed's screenpack's readme).

The shoe fits: if it wasn't the name, it was the fact he's not a grappler or the fact he can't jump that you constantly bitched about.
#13  November 03, 2007, 07:12:53 pm
And about things that have already been addressed I might add. The only point I would also want to bring again would be that KFM needs to add in his readme that only his mother knows why his given name is another family name as well.
Lv2 canceling into Lv1 has never been a problem, ask Capcom's CvS2 C Groove.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 01:29:14 am by Baiken
#14  November 03, 2007, 09:05:08 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Blame John Belushi.

First exotic fruits and now John Belushi?! Who/what are you going to blame next, the Nanjing Massacre?

I'm fine with the bitchslap being as is.

I'll remember to try bitchslapping someone by sliding back with no animation and a simple velset for my windup.

It was actually.

Three low kicks in a row is well planned?!

There is no ending or fadeout: It's Raptor's wintheme from NW, and thus ends like that.

Still sucks though, especially considering the other KY chars don't have winmusic like that.

You know, you usually get pissed when people stonewall like this, but I'm amazed at how you have excuses for EVERYTHING!

Also while I remember to post, why are all the super movements HCB or HCF movements? I'd understand if you had to hit two punches/kicks while doing it, but as it is, it just feels weird.
Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 09:12:31 pm by Jango Presley
#15  November 03, 2007, 09:27:29 pm
First exotic fruits and now John Belushi?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaDGs453oGI

I'll remember to try bitchslapping someone by sliding back with no animation and a simple velset for my windup.

Hey, if someone can just slide along the ground on their tip toes to grab and subsequently grab and pummel an opponent, you can do that.

Three low kicks in a row is well planned?!

Yes. More the fact it's an attack that must be blocked low and easy to mix things up.

Still sucks though, especially considering the other KY chars don't have winmusic like that.

To each his own?

Also while I remember to post, why are all the super movements HCB or HCF movements?

To be different/it works for me.
#16  November 03, 2007, 09:58:48 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
  • (Ahm, I stumbled over a few passages of his storyline, some of them might be just me:)
  • "At an early age he showed signs of his already great appetite"
  • "As he grew older, and was thus pretty large"
  • "Misty was initially a waitress at the club Hashimoto worked at, only to have a vicious spat with the manager, her now-ex, and
    subsequently fired."
  • "Quickly recovering, he dashed hom"
  • "a wreslter."
  • UB + (y) results in throw instead of the expected leap attack from close up.
  • that leads me to: throw(s) doesn't appear to be listed in the readme?
  • he can throw from running! oi
  • hitsparks placement!? (i thought the char was done)
  • no hitspark for Paint Sprayer looks odd [agreed with Jango]
  • Wrecking Ball--his "basic anti-air crap"--is ironically one of his moves that can be air-blocked. XD
  • I can understand Wrecking Ball and Paint Sprayer (both are in the air, so they can be air-guarded)--but why Bulldozer as well?
  • Training Mode versus KFM-dummy set to jump and mash x: corner KFM, hold F and keep hitting (y). Around 13 to 15 hits KFM has no chance of avoiding, approximately 98% damage.
  • Drop Kick and (z) act strange after passing through p2 with the dash:
    • Drop Kick jumps off in the direction opposite to the one you were running in.
    • (z) makes you grab The Nothing.
  • 16 Tons is a bit boring to watch. High/low hit alterations for p2 during the running part, and more of a BAM effect after landing?
  • Union Dues seems even blander. Shake it! Explods! Effects! Graphics! ^_^"
  • Freight Train = erm, ... unexpected??? Hmmmmm, have you considered random movements and speed variations for the "ghosts?" More chaos~
  • You probably know about WARNINGS in state 3150, the aura helper: Has no target with hit id et cetera.
  • Is editing the win music out of the question? It sounds abruptly cut-off at the end. [written after reading Jango's first post about it.]
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#17  November 03, 2007, 10:56:01 pm
# "At an early age he showed signs of his already great appetite"
# "As he grew older, and was thus pretty large"
# "Misty was initially a waitress at the club Hashimoto worked at, only to have a vicious spat with the manager, her now-ex, and
subsequently fired."
# "Quickly recovering, he dashed hom"
# "a wreslter."

Thanks, will fix. It was a bit rushed.

UB + (y) results in throw instead of the expected leap attack from close up.

Easy enough to fix.

# that leads me to: throw(s) doesn't appear to be listed in the readme?
# he can throw from running! oi

He's got a third one coming for the running Y one (running C works enough with the momentum)

no hitspark for Paint Sprayer looks odd [agreed with Jango]

it's a cloud of spit mist to blind the opponent, what possible spark could it make? :P

Wrecking Ball--his "basic anti-air crap"--is ironically one of his moves that can be air-blocked. XD

It came out too strong without air blocking given you can follow it up. It's meant to be used more like his other moves: with some thought behind it, not just randomly.

hitsparks placement!? (i thought the char was done)

He isn't done.

I can understand Wrecking Ball and Paint Sprayer (both are in the air, so they can be air-guarded)--but why Bulldozer as well?

See statement about Wrecking Ball. Though in this case it was to prevent the issue you pointed out with the Y button.

Training Mode versus KFM-dummy set to jump and mash x: corner KFM, hold F and keep hitting (y). Around 13 to 15 hits KFM has no chance of avoiding, approximately 98% damage.

Meant to fix that last time: It and his standing WP will be air blockable to keep that from happening. (Though in KFM's case you can recover then double jump to get away from it and out of the corner).

Drop Kick and (z) act strange after passing through p2 with the dash:

* Drop Kick jumps off in the direction opposite to the one you were running in.
    * (z) makes you grab The Nothing.

Hm. I think I'll just remove the non-playerpush for that move now, since he has the roll and dodge as more effective evasion means.

16 Tons is a bit boring to watch. High/low hit alterations for p2 during the running part, and more of a BAM effect after landing?

Truth be told it bores me too, but it's a rushdown. It'll be capable of alternate finishers in a later version but the greater ground pound idea would be easy enough to work in.

Union Dues seems even blander. Shake it! Explods! Effects! Graphics! ^_^"

Hm. I'll see what I can do. At the least it'll be able to land on the opponent's partner in a latter version.

Freight Train = erm, ... unexpected??? Hmmmmm, have you considered random movements and speed variations for the "ghosts?" More chaos~

Chaotic yes, but it ended up easier to cause some really screwy gameplay and hurt the attack's effectiveness. Atm it's more akin to one really messed up beam.

ou probably know about WARNINGS in state 3150, the aura helper: Has no target with hit id et cetera.

Yes, still unsure what the hell is causing that...

Is editing the win music out of the question? It sounds abruptly cut-off at the end.

Meh, I'll see what I can do, but I"m not music guy.

I'll get on fixing these. Though if you dig up other issues add them: I really hate having to update this again and again in so little time to tell folks "hey get it again because I screwed up!" and would rather take care of all the flaws at once. Well, 99.9% anyway.
#18  November 04, 2007, 01:42:45 am
# You probably know about WARNINGS in state 3150, the aura helper: Has no target with hit id et cetera.
Uh ? Freight Train ? I don't have any warning, whether the auras hit or not ???
* Baiken notices how different KFM's answers to Sepp and to Jango are. Methink it might be due to the starting attitude of the interlocutor.
#19  November 04, 2007, 09:15:56 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
* Baiken notices how different KFM's answers to Sepp and to Jango are. Methink it might be due to the starting attitude of the interlocutor.

KFM never takes my feedback seriously anyway :(
New #20  November 04, 2007, 10:13:11 pm
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
Your hashi.air includes an action 9741.  The presence of that anim is meant to indicate that the character's command list is in (the first half of) the standard order I've defined, in order to facilitate characters properly detecting each others' basic commands, and to facilitate proper detection of their own basic commands during custom hit states.  So, please bring his CMD file into compliance with that standard, as described in my AI activation code tutorial (as I still haven't gotten around to giving that standard its own discussion thread :().
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:12:53 am by Winane