YesNoOk

DJMouF Character's Physical attack Clash Feature (Read 5104 times)

Started by DJMouF, May 09, 2020, 05:47:02 am
Share this topic:
DJMouF Character's Physical attack Clash Feature
#1  May 09, 2020, 05:47:02 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com

*Need Feedback on what I could add to make it look more appealing*
Just showing something I wanted to work on for while. It's just a prototype for now. I'll add more FX to it that may be needed. I plan to make some type of DBZ mugen game with all of my chars along with this feature. My goal for this mode is to give each player the ability to draw the 1st attack from this Clash with the press of a button but only during a certain time of the clash. If there are no buttons pressed, then the clash will end like it does in the video. Otherwise, whoever presses the attack button 1st (Punch or Kick), he will attack 1st, winning the clash battle. I haven't made that part yet because I wanted to complete the clash mode and add any FX I feel I need to add. Once I get to the attack part, I may even add extra after the player wins the attack. But this is what I came up with for now.
Re: DJMouF Character's Physical attack Clash Feature
#2  May 09, 2020, 11:17:55 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com

update, sorry for the lag on the video
#3  May 10, 2020, 12:28:53 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Feels like too much for just normal attacks. It would make more sense for supers like Ranbus or Dash Attacks (Soy Sauce does this, and iirc HDBZ chars do but I only played them a couple years ago).
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  May 10, 2020, 12:40:50 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 HDBZ does it when two fighters (assuming HDBZ compatible) are close enough when they're both in running state, they don't supers or meter to do that. In fact, DJMouF's idea is very similar, except instead of doing it with running into each other, it's when two melee attacks clash, which feels more in-line with an ArcSys game than anything.
#5  May 10, 2020, 10:32:07 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
HDBZ does it when two fighters (assuming HDBZ compatible) are close enough when they're both in running state, they don't supers or meter to do that. In fact, DJMouF's idea is very similar, except instead of doing it with running into each other, it's when two melee attacks clash, which feels more in-line with an ArcSys game than anything.

You're right Nep. Right now it's only for normal attacks and I didn't plan to do like the HDBZ with the dash clash. Truthfully this is something that won't occur too often because the majority of any fight there are hardly any perfect timed attacks. Once I get it finished I'll see about adding it to any special attacks as long as they're physical attacks. And it also activates in air. I'll  tone down on the shockwaves though, I think it's a tad too much. But I'll do more test and some rearranging to see what I like best. This will only be on the chars I release with the full game. But at least yall get what I'm trying to accomplish. If the special attacks work out then I may consider just using this for special attacks and making a simpler clash for basic attacks.
#6  May 14, 2020, 09:01:17 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com

So this would pretty much be the clash for basic attacks. Just simple and straight to the point. Some adjustments will be made for the air clash and sparks will be added, but other than that this would be it. Once I get back to it, I'll be trying to test out the possibility of adding the previous dramatic clash to Physical Specials and Supers..... So I've been brainstorming and I think in order for it to work, I'd have to really specify all the states (as far as the specials and supers of course). Also, I think I could use an intro code to help activate the dramatic clash only for the special and supers... What I mean by the intro is...
Example:
You know how Ryu and Ken have their interactive intro right? There's a specific code that basically confirms doing this particular state if the opponent does this certain state. So in other words, This Clash (the dramatic clash) will only activate if the opponent is doing the state as well. So I think it may work but I'm not completely sure. 
#7  May 14, 2020, 09:07:02 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines

Nice, keep it up!
#8  May 14, 2020, 02:13:24 pm
AS COOOOL AS Soy Sauce's characters

great work!
#9  May 14, 2020, 02:14:55 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
#10  May 14, 2020, 02:56:04 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
That new Clash works much better for Normals compared to the original.
I'd reserve the original for Supers. Maybe the higher the Super Level, the longer the clash animation.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#11  May 14, 2020, 03:50:38 pm
Nice, keep it up!

Most definitely bro. I needed to find something else to do since I took a break on Gohan lol

great work!

Thanks bro

I'd reserve the original for Supers. Maybe the higher the Super Level, the longer the clash animation.

Yeah I think so to but I have to see if it's possible as I mentioned earlier with that post of the recent video. If it's possible with no issues then I'll most definitely give a shot

I used to think if I could do it for hadoken moves I mean hamihamiha.... in DB
2 character fire and push buttons to see who wins just like in anime.
#12  May 14, 2020, 05:00:11 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Nice!!! It Will be possible include the Clash system on common1 add004 without patch char by char?
#13  May 14, 2020, 07:01:10 pm
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
Bro that looks AWESOME!
#14  May 14, 2020, 08:13:53 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
These clash systems look really cool.
New #15  May 15, 2020, 03:49:54 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Nice, keep it up!

Most definitely bro. I needed to find something else to do since I took a break on Gohan lol

great work!

Thanks bro

Yeah I think so to but I have to see if it's possible as I mentioned earlier with that post of the recent video. If it's possible with no issues then I'll most definitely give a shot

I used to think if I could do it for hadoken moves I mean hamihamiha.... in DB
2 character fire and push buttons to see who wins just like in anime.

Yeah I plan to do that too. It' something I have to figure how to do. But I'm sure I could fine someone's code to use as a template

Bro that looks AWESOME!

Thanksbro
These clash systems look really cool.

Still in progress so be ready for improvements
Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 05:02:21 am by DJMouF
#16  May 15, 2020, 03:51:50 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com

This looks cleaner. I think I'll add the shockwaves during the blank area but much less of it.