• Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Re: KoF XV
#923  April 28, 2021, 09:57:39 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
It's clearly Chris

Also, If Shermie isn't using her melons for offence and defence here again I'll be disappointed.
#924  April 28, 2021, 11:14:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Also, If Shermie isn't using her melons for offence and defence here again I'll be disappointed.

Yes, I have this feeling they reduced her movelist. -_-
Also I have this bad feeling her design will be toned down... mostly because of some overeactions on social medias...
And some hm... specific artworks...

Hope for a good redesign for Chris, even if he's my less favourite from CYS
#925  April 29, 2021, 01:59:43 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Chris is one of the most boring designs of kof, if they can make it even mildly interesting then more power to them.
#926  April 29, 2021, 04:00:21 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

To the surprise of no one

And the delight of, well, me <3 <3

EDIT: Watching the trailer, I'm hyped. Music theme is great IMO, doesn't hold a candle to Bloody but I'm eager to hear a full arrangement.

Team name is Team Orochi, which makes sense. I doubt New Faces Team would've come back considering it would make less sense overall. Makes me wonder if they WILL get their Orochi forms during the game.

Chris has a simple design still but I found him interesting in this trailer at least. Also his special intros with Yashiro and Shermie are back, which is a huge plus. <3
Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:07:27 am by 087-B
#927  April 29, 2021, 04:14:16 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Kurisu is gonna dominate the meta isn't he.
#928  April 29, 2021, 04:27:51 am
    • Brazil
Question: are these guys actually evil while pretending to be good or do they just get possessed in their Orochi forms?
#929  April 29, 2021, 04:30:45 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Question: are these guys actually evil while pretending to be good or do they just get possessed in their Orochi forms?

In 97 they were mostly normal prior to being awakened to their true potential. Aside from Yashiro hating Iori for a petty reason yet wanting to brutalize him, and their demeanors having sinister undertones, foreshadowing their true natures, they were relatively average Joes compared to their Hakkesshu personas.

By the tourney's end, they end up awakening their Orochi powers, and they finally learn of their true destiny -- their personalities and fighting styles thoroughly change and they begin trying to resurrect Orochi (all three dying in the process).

Yashiro's trailer ultimately leads me to believe that they have no memory of what happened -- and I need to know how they came back to life since KOF XIII confirmed they returned to the living world prior to Verse even existing.
#930  April 29, 2021, 04:35:18 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
SNK made him look even more like Justin Bieber and that makes me despise him even more.
#931  April 29, 2021, 04:42:41 am
    • Mexico
1/3 for the cursed saigado team
#932  April 29, 2021, 04:59:33 am
  • Was it something I said?
Not a fan of the suspenders hanging out, but he's alright.
#933  April 29, 2021, 09:03:33 am

Team name is Team Orochi, which makes sense. I doubt New Faces Team would've come back considering it would make less sense overall. Makes me wonder if they WILL get their Orochi forms during the game.

It makes sense if their team name is Orochi Team, New Faces Team is for the new characters who will form a team in kofxv. I have a feeling that their Orochi forms will be as a seperate "non-cannon" DLC characters much like Iori in kof13.

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#934  April 29, 2021, 09:16:16 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
The redesign is a pretty ok to me.
I like the result.

Now, I hope they will not change them design-wise.
OK, for giving them more moves etc.

I think these 3 members are some of the best 3D worked characters, the job is done.

Damn, it will be long waiting to see more of these characters gameplay in action!! K', Shermie, Joe, Mai, Andy...
They have a strategy of "character confirm trailer" but we also want to know about the gameplay mechanics etc... ^^;
#935  April 29, 2021, 11:12:13 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
The non-boss forms are just boring, and the team being called Team Orochi doesn't bode well for their true forms.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#936  April 29, 2021, 12:57:14 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Chris is for me a very wasted slot, but that's ONLY my taste. I however, see the potential for a M-F-M story in Saigado.

I hope Chris' fans are happy with him being in, specially if his moveset is updated.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#937  April 29, 2021, 01:23:20 pm

In 97 they were mostly normal prior to being awakened to their true potential. Aside from Yashiro hating Iori for a petty reason yet wanting to brutalize him, and their demeanors having sinister undertones, foreshadowing their true natures, they were relatively average Joes compared to their Hakkesshu personas.

By the tourney's end, they end up awakening their Orochi powers, and they finally learn of their true destiny -- their personalities and fighting styles thoroughly change and they begin trying to resurrect Orochi (all three dying in the process).

Yashiro's trailer ultimately leads me to believe that they have no memory of what happened -- and I need to know how they came back to life since KOF XIII confirmed they returned to the living world prior to Verse even existing.
Even in games where they weren't alive anymore, Chris and Yashiro definitely have some sadistic or hateful vibe in how they speak, even though they behave like you would expect some average popular singers - and they're no different from the period where they were alive. (I don't remember much about Shermie, she's mostly just playful)
I'd say they were already at least bad people (the kind who would say "I wouldn't mind if a plague wiped out most of humanity" with a big smile) and they simply have a job in the entertainment industry with good social skills. Psychopathic tendencies in the pathological sense, basically. They're not genuinely good people who like to hang out with others but suddenly changed when they learned who they were. Most of their regular speech sound like average banter if you ignore the Orochi forms, but it just seems like the Orochi versions simply crank up the same rhetoric to the max.

Oh, regular Shermie has a battle quote against Chris and Yashiro saying "this is where it all begins... and ends", which actually hints that they do know between themselves that things will end in death, even in their regular form.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:34:37 pm by Byakko
#938  April 29, 2021, 02:43:15 pm

stealing someone else's gig is pretty evil.

i'm guessing their orochi forms will be in the game, did anybody notice they've got a purple flame effect in their team announcement? others have screen cracking effects theyre the only ones with a special one.
Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 03:31:23 pm by 地獄の花
#939  April 29, 2021, 03:45:41 pm
Hm, right. Chizuru's trailer with the "team sacred treasure" card had regular burn effects and nothing else, Fatal Fury had just the previous screen crack and shatter to reveal the team with no other effect, and this one has purple flames and I think I also see lightning very briefly behind the flame, around the center. There's also some sort of light particles that could be about Yashiro (that the other teams didn't have either).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#940  April 29, 2021, 04:05:10 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
OK!
So looking at their official name being Orochi, It hints me one thing that they are back for good and may remember past events. Thus having Sacred Treasures officially enter makes sense because to make sure real Orochi remains sealed.
Even in games where they weren't alive anymore, Chris and Yashiro definitely have some sadistic or hateful vibe in how they speak, even though they behave like you would expect some average popular singers - and they're no different from the period where they were alive. (I don't remember much about Shermie, she's mostly just playful)
I'd say they were already at least bad people (the kind who would say "I wouldn't mind if a plague wiped out most of humanity" with a big smile) and they simply have a job in the entertainment industry with good social skills. Psychopathic tendencies in the pathological sense, basically. They're not genuinely good people who like to hang out with others but suddenly changed when they learned who they were. Most of their regular speech sound like average banter if you ignore the Orochi forms, but it just seems like the Orochi versions simply crank up the same rhetoric to the max.

Oh, regular Shermie has a battle quote against Chris and Yashiro saying "this is where it all begins... and ends", which actually hints that they do know between themselves that things will end in death, even in their regular form.
Their design basis is pretty much one thing, the eerie mystery all three have about them. I remember watchin a video explaining the lore about the three, SHERMIE eyes are hidden all the time, Chris being durable for early teenage year kid and Yashiro may be that cool guy but you don't know how pissed off he is at you for some reason. In way they have a dark side that you know you want want to confront. Yashiro subconsciously awakened his due to Iori's band taking their spot.

Well now who's next?

Unless Yamazaki is confirmed then lets wait and see...lastly the song feels familiar like its mish mash of KOF 12 themes with Neowave...thats the vibe I get. But yeah I love this new theme.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way