YesNoOk

SAMUS ARAN (Read 60239 times)

Started by Reu, July 20, 2007, 11:22:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: SAMUS ARAN
#121  July 31, 2007, 10:27:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
so, making this clear, samus has only been playable using her zero suit in metroid zero something for gba, right? and she will be playable like that for the new ssb game.

now, she can be seen whitout her suit only on cutscenes; while performing the crystal flash, and after performaning the kamehameha.

???
#122  July 31, 2007, 10:37:01 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I heard that when Samus is defeated by a super attack, all her clothes, save for panties, are blown off her body.

Or was that Tifa?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#123  July 31, 2007, 10:40:43 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
both
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan

Nevermore

#124  August 01, 2007, 12:55:35 am
I heard that when Samus is defeated by a super attack, all her clothes, save for panties, are blown off her body.

Or was that Tifa?

:o 

Anyways If Samus Aran comes out the same way Dragon Claw did then Im all in man.

Reu

#125  August 01, 2007, 03:15:19 pm
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
Side note... if anyone has command and conquer or darkstar one drop me a pm please.
#126  August 01, 2007, 03:28:53 pm
    • Germany
what C&C? there's like, 6 of them :P

Reu

#127  August 01, 2007, 03:57:09 pm
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
I think it would be better if I post what I'm looking for instead... always so inclined to keep things secret haha.

Basically I'm looking for the sound effect of the ion cannon from any of the C&C games.

From the wuhrhrhrhrhhhrhrhrhrh charge up to the blast.

From darkstar one I'm looking for the laser fire sounds.

I think these effects would be a great base to edit from.
#128  August 01, 2007, 06:47:29 pm
  • DAT SAX
I'm not trying to be rude, disrespectful, or down-playing of Reu, but does he have some sort of privilege that he's exempt from the "NO SCREENSHOTS, NO WIP" rule?

Or is it a creator thing?

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#129  August 01, 2007, 06:57:55 pm
You have a point there... but given how Samus is being made, I think the screenshot he supplied at the beginning of the thread suffices.

Then again, it could be bias as well.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#130  August 01, 2007, 07:39:35 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
I'm not trying to be rude, disrespectful, or down-playing of Reu, but does he have some sort of privilege that he's exempt from the "NO SCREENSHOTS, NO WIP" rule?

Or is it a creator thing?

congratulations. you passed the test.  ;D you now gain +3000 of XP points and....

joking.

truth is, by the time i notice this thread for the first time, i was already on page 4 and no one noticed he did not posted a mugen screenshot, as required. so i tought it would be interesting to test if Reu's fame was shiny enough to blind people to the fact that he is breaking the rules.... i guess not.

one might argue that, with stablished creators, you might make an exception, since it would be obvious that a wip is going on due to the fact that these guys don't announce dream stuff and what not, but my opinions is that these guys are the ones that really need to post screenshots, to be a example to the new ones.

but enough of me using mugen boards as sociological theories testing grounds. i guess Reu won't mind if i move this to Mugen Discussion (@Reu: feel free to move it back when samus is "shooting" some ass at mugen).
#131  August 01, 2007, 07:52:53 pm
[quote author=å½¢ã
#132  August 01, 2007, 11:51:56 pm
  • nyoro~n

That dog is in no way delicious...or is it?
#133  August 01, 2007, 11:56:42 pm
Hopefully, he doesn't screw up. I'm sure he's trying to make her so that when she get's released most people won't go apeshit again.

Cenobite 53 said:
#134  August 02, 2007, 12:19:35 am
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane

Reu

#135  August 02, 2007, 07:02:09 am
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
If you guys read earlier, I don't really care much about trying to pacify some people. My version of Samus will be carried out according to what I have in mind for her. Nothing more, nothing less. Given She won't turn out to be like the evil duo because her sparring partners are very different.

one might argue that, with stablished creators, you might make an exception, since it would be obvious that a wip is going on due to the fact that these guys don't announce dream stuff and what not, but my opinions is that these guys are the ones that really need to post screenshots, to be a example to the new ones.

Agreed, though I always thought the MUGEN discussion board was more popular than the wip board XD. Most of her basics are already done, but I plan on releasing screenshots/footage only next week, so if everyone's happy, MUGEN discussion will be home for awhile.
#136  August 03, 2007, 05:18:48 pm
  • much love to r. kelly
Didn't read through the whole thread yet, but:

So far, this has potential. Samus, as you know, uses a lot of projectiles and beams. Try to lean towards balance and not try to make her too much of a projectile whore. If you need any stuff on Metroid/any info/possible suggestions or sprites, I may be able to help you out.

I have quite a few ideas that might be able to inspire you for your Samus.
#137  August 03, 2007, 05:36:19 pm
  • IM A FISH BULB!!

Reu

#138  August 03, 2007, 06:14:01 pm
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
ShinRyoga: Ahhh! You! Deserter! Yeah I figured life got busy for ya when the emails stopped coming in. Do you still want to finish ShinRyoga sprited Samus? I'm still with ya for that.  I could really use those sound effects from Metroid Prime.

Don't worry about the crazy Nintendo fans... I cleverly disguised this thread as "Evil Dragon Claw" when it started... that should throw 90% of the crazy ones off already!

Shin RyuKen: I'm always curious :p lemme hear some of your ideas?
#139  August 03, 2007, 06:28:02 pm
... that should throw 90% of the crazy ones off already!

Well then - they're not as half as crazy as me! Beware! Buwahahahaha!!
Nah - kidding man.  ;P Good luck with your stuff.
The key to happiness is not to mourn on the past, or to worry about tomorrow - but to live here and now. In the present. Honestly and earnestly.
#140  August 03, 2007, 11:59:30 pm
  • much love to r. kelly
Shin RyuKen: I'm always curious :p lemme hear some of your ideas?

Hmm.

-there could some form of meter on the bottom that develops by taking damage/priority or through dealing damage to other foes. Once it is full, Samus can enter a Blood Heat-style mode and can use her SSBB Final Smash if she has max power bars.
-The grapple beam can be used sort of like a whip, and when a foe touches the end of it, it attracts them and Samus bashes them away. If an opponent touches the edges of it, they merely get shocked and take damage.
-An interchangeable beam system where you can pick 2-3 beams from a whole variety of them, and set them to specific button input for them to be used.

Samus can pick from:
-Power/Charge Beam
-Ice Beam
-Fire Beam
-Light Beam
-Dark Beam
-Wave Beam
-Spazer Beam
-Annihilator Beam
-Plasma Beam
-missiles(?)

And the heavy/EX versions are the charged version of those beams.

That's all I can brainstorm for now. Might be a little advanced/outlandish >_>