Random Topic V10 (Read 1904598 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#921  September 21, 2016, 04:28:36 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
While we're on this discussion, I'd also like to take the time to say that Moonman is not funny. It really is just trying too hard.

Google "Right now kapow" and be baffled. Like I was.

I completely forgot about this other than the pitch where I saw a protagonist who's basically Moonman becoming the star of the first collaboration between Disney and Warner Bros. probably since Who Framed Roger Rabbit. 15 years ago, that would've been a novel concept, but the state of animation as it is now, I was hesitant. I just now viewed the trailer and that was all I needed to see.

This is randumb humor at its finest. And by "at its finest" I of course mean "trying way too hard to appeal to the YouTube generation." Now, anyone who knows me knows I love a good YouTube Poop. I adore Ren & Stimpy (when it aired on Nickelodeon). I'm quite a fan of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I think Invader Zim has legit some of the funniest shit in animation. But this... This is like somebody took Family Guy, Mr. Pickles, The Wacky World of Tex Avery, and Teen Titans Go, and made it more "kid-friendly."

As a kid who grew up with cartoons hearing "this is contaminating our youth," I thought that was the biggest crock of shit in the entire universe. I still do. But then I see shit like this, and now I kind of understand where the adults of our day were coming from. Except this is way worse than even they could have imagined.
#922  September 21, 2016, 04:41:06 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
As a kid who grew up with cartoons hearing "this is contaminating our youth," I thought that was the biggest crock of shit in the entire universe. I still do. But then I see shit like this, and now I kind of understand where the adults of our day were coming from. Except this is way worse than even they could have imagined.
Now, anyone who knows me knows I love a good YouTube Poop
#923  September 21, 2016, 04:50:29 am
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
Ugh, I need some help for this one:

So, whenever I bite my lip, I get this really annoying sore/blister thing that stays there and is irritated as all hell when I brush my teeth. Does anyone know some sort of remedy to stuff like this? It's also making the ends of my lip really freaking dry.
#924  September 21, 2016, 04:51:58 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Now, anyone who knows me knows I love a good YouTube Poop
Note the word "good." A lot of YTP is crap (my old ones actually make me tear up looking back at them, they were so bad), much as Sturgeon's Law dictates, just like any media.

On that note, DurhamrockerZ is king.
#925  September 21, 2016, 05:06:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
There's a third movie that ruins the series, it's beautiful.
#926  September 21, 2016, 05:08:12 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Ugh, I need some help for this one:

So, whenever I bite my lip, I get this really annoying sore/blister thing that stays there and is irritated as all hell when I brush my teeth. Does anyone know some sort of remedy to stuff like this? It's also making the ends of my lip really freaking dry.

Time. That's really all there is to it when you accidentally bite any part inside your mouth.

As for the "ends of your lip," that's what chapstick was invented for.
#927  September 21, 2016, 05:10:30 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#928  September 21, 2016, 05:13:43 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Your poop references a DurhamrockerZ poop.

I win.
#929  September 21, 2016, 05:25:07 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#930  September 21, 2016, 05:31:39 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The third movie was ballsey as crap. That phrase is perfect because it ruined the series so beautifully. You feeling of betrayal had so many levels that you feel the stab in the back and kind of like it. It was truly a mixed bag of emotions from that movie. Weren't they making another? Or are the mangas the only way I can see how they can never capitalize well on the 3rd movie's twist?

If they can the writers are godlike!
#931  September 21, 2016, 05:55:45 am
yes, there is another animated project in the works

... i don't know anything about it (because i haven't bothered to search anything but i do believe it's a direct sequel to rebellion) so let's wait for uncle [E] to tell us about it
Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 06:00:45 am by Bastard Wolf
#932  September 21, 2016, 06:07:12 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well of all the 30 manga series not a single one continues from the 3rd movie ending. there's a bunch that explore different events in witch universe with different groups of magical girls and non-same-rules spin offs that are the canon characters in different situations; the most notable spin off is the one that goes between the tv series and movie 3.

oging by newer standards in that type of narrative, there's a bunch of shows that are joined by the anthropic principle of homura SPOILER madoka, and there are the ones where that principle is broken and are completely different spin offs.

rgarding the new anime, we ahve only got 3 different concept movies/trailers with stuff that can or can't make it to the new project, which we don't know if it's gonna be a new tv series or a movie ; here's hoping for a tv series since the creative team said they want to make a franchise similar to gundam, and that would be the case already if some of the spin off manga had gotten anime adaptations; if you want to be too technical there are 2 more animes which are the ones used in the pachinko games.
There are also 3/4 drama cds and one novel, as well as a psp game that has a lot of plot and explores both anthropic principle reliant ones aunreliant ones (and the one where syaka gets a happy ending which is the only route confirmed as non canon).
#933  September 21, 2016, 07:42:34 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
So those movies are worth watching?

Time to oil up
#934  September 21, 2016, 09:15:07 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
IIRC the first two movies pretty much condense the TV show into two movies, and the third is ALL-NEW HIGH QUALITY MAGIC but my friend (who was behind the whole marathoning business) refused to show it to me and we instead watched one episode of Hunter X Hunter.
#935  September 21, 2016, 04:35:10 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
So those movies are worth watching?

Time to oil up

movie 1st and 2 are recaps, while the visuals are generally better (except for episode 3's mami face, which is better in the tv version), movie 1 compressed 8 episodes in one movie while movie 2 worked with only 4, so one way to watch it is to watch the first 8 tv episodes then switch to movie 2; though there's a version which is the tv version with all the overlapping scenes from the movies being taken from the movies instead (I think it does not add any possible extra materials form movie 2, not that I have watched that one).
#936  September 21, 2016, 07:45:38 pm
my friend (who was behind the whole marathoning business) refused to show it to me
real friends don't keep their friends from receiving the blessing of our goddess meguca!

he is either working for the incubators or worse... it's a sayaka fanboy
#937  September 21, 2016, 09:35:14 pm
She really is the worst, shame.

Just got done watching the first movie. I like magic girls and other cutesy shit, so I knew I'd get around to it eventually. I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be. Not because I thought I'd be disappointed, but more that I saw part of the TV series a year ago. Dropped it when I figured that all the melodramatic moments would pile on top of one another. Giving me the impression that it would take the darker themes to a mildly silly proportion, and I can only take but so much of that. I guess a consequence of being twelve episodes so understandable, it felt easier to digest the movie.

Nevertheless, I'm a believer now. Would get to the second one but work, bleh.
#938  September 21, 2016, 10:11:58 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
my friend (who was behind the whole marathoning business) refused to show it to me
real friends don't keep their friends from receiving the blessing of our goddess meguca!

he is either working for the incubators or worse... it's a sayaka fanboy
Yes to the latter, but the official reason she gave was "I'm all Madoka'd out, and I hear nothing but horrible things about the third movie" and rightfully predicted that if I brought it up online someone would post #HomuraDidNothingWrong
#939  September 22, 2016, 07:54:22 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
All this Madoka discussion reminds me I should finish watching it.
From the sounds of things, you guys prefer watching the 2 movies over all the episodes?
#940  September 22, 2016, 07:59:31 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Madoka was ruined for me both from seeing it everywhere when it was new and seeing spoilers constantly around the boorus