YesNoOk

Capcom vs. The World Beta (HUGE Update, 4 NEW Characters including Skullomania!) (Read 132360 times)

Started by Sean Altly, October 21, 2012, 09:47:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. The World Beta (Updated W/New Character Dec 7th!)
#301  December 14, 2012, 07:04:55 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
There appears to be a type in Sub-Zero's winquote when he beats Det. Laurel, it says something along the lines of;

"did you think you could just arrent a member of the lin kuei?"
#302  December 15, 2012, 11:45:44 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Ima give this game a try. looks nice
#303  December 17, 2012, 10:21:23 pm
  • i am loyal to you unless you disagree with me
    • UK
    • www.dropbox.com/sh/n7tsdpf464qtbk1/AAB7z1LhB6Ee1cE5tyOVEB5ra?dl=0
now im not sure if the following feedback has been mentioned already, but if it has, just disregard it.

Alex:

- you can do S.HK > Flash chop heavy > S.HK > Flash chop heavy etc for a while until you reach a corner. if you don't reach a corner you can do about 75% of the foe's life with it.

Subboss:

- His level 1 gives him power.

- is it possible to control his UT? or is it random?

The game itself:

- the AI doesn't seem to scale on the difficulty setting at all, i beat the game on easy 2 and hard 8 with the subboss(:P)and i didn't notice a difference in the AI, infact i lost once on easy 2 while i never lost a match on hard 8.
something looks a little off...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TVeanko
#304  December 17, 2012, 10:44:31 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I have to disagree on the AI. I've had complaints about Kame's not seeming to be scaled (it is scaled though, they're just tough), but mine have huge differences between the easier and harder ones because I disable the use of entire moves. Level 1 AI (not counting Squall, Garret, and Snake) will ONLY do normals. Level 2-4 is usually where they start doing specials and Level 1 Supers, level 5-8 is when they do stronger supers, throws, anti-airs and EX moves. The AI is most definitely scaled, because I coded it that way.

I thought I fixed the Alex issue, but I guess I'll have to look at it again.

The sub-boss Level 1 issue is an oversight, I'll fix it in the next update. The UT being controllable shouldn't be an issue because he's not intended to be playable, but if for some reason you've added him or got him in random, no, it's not controllable. It only uses 1 UT bar, in exchange for the teleport being totally random. You may go to the other side of the screen, you may only go 10 pixels forward or backward.

Download Last Bout now!
#305  December 17, 2012, 10:54:02 pm
  • i am loyal to you unless you disagree with me
    • UK
    • www.dropbox.com/sh/n7tsdpf464qtbk1/AAB7z1LhB6Ee1cE5tyOVEB5ra?dl=0
well, maybe its just kame's AI then. as they do seem to be quite tough even on the lower difficulty levels.
something looks a little off...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TVeanko
#306  December 20, 2012, 12:23:52 am
    • USA
Just a personal opinion, I think that Arthur shouldnt gain meter by using the Shield counter move.
#307  December 20, 2012, 02:39:07 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Just to be sure, but Squall, Garret and Snake are the only ones with Kame's AI, right?
#308  December 20, 2012, 02:40:46 am
    • Mexico
Rorschach too I think.
#309  December 20, 2012, 05:14:35 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, Squall, Snake, Rorschach, and Garret.

@Karasai

Why not?

Download Last Bout now!
#310  December 21, 2012, 04:30:09 am
    • USA
Im not sure how to explain it, but I think its somewhat "cheap" because some AI will block every time you use it, meaning you can spam it until you get meter and use it against them.

Also im sure someone already asked but will the game have a "SUPER COMBO KO!" background?
#311  December 21, 2012, 04:38:04 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Or maybe it should only allow Arthur to gain meter if the counter is triggered (it is a counter, right?).
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#312  December 23, 2012, 06:08:35 am
    • France
Very good job on this release, congrats!
#313  December 26, 2012, 09:58:06 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
***UPDATE***

So, I got the okay from DivineWolf to include Skullomania in the next beta. I also have permission from ExShadow to include his Ice Cavern stage, as well as a new stage by JeanBureau. I've also coded the Simul and Team Mode life-bars, which opens up use of all of the modes. So, the next update will include the following:

-CM Punk
-Skullomania
-Cactuar (integrated as a playable character)
-Two New Stages (Ice Cavern and Japan)
-More bug/balance fixes and updates
-Team Arcade, Team VS, Survival, and Watch Modes

Depending on his progress, it may also include the updated screenpack ExShadow's been working on. I also would like to include Morrigan and K', but I can't make any guarantees right now. I'd like to get this update out within the next week or two, but that may be optimistic. We'll see.

Download Last Bout now!
#314  December 27, 2012, 12:35:53 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I'll try and get those palettes to you ASAP if you planned on including them in the update then.
#315  December 27, 2012, 05:48:49 am
I just noticed this... the first two letters of Squall's name are cut off in his movelist pic, at the bottom
#316  January 12, 2013, 01:51:09 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Det. Garret's LvL 1's are a bit glitchy, and this carried over from SHADEs 2:

Dark Blue sometimes has him face away from the opponent and carry out the move away from his opponent.  Also, if you have the custom shotgun shells selected and use Enforcer, he reloads, but not magnum bullets and unloads shotgun shells and glitches him out so that he always reloads shells afterwards and in order to break this glitch, you have to reload shells then reload magnum bullets, thus wasting two UT bars, which is annoying.

Also, if this was stated before, sorry for reposting.
#317  January 12, 2013, 07:37:54 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Det. Garret's LvL 1's are a bit glitchy, and this carried over from SHADEs 2:

Dark Blue sometimes has him face away from the opponent and carry out the move away from his opponent.  Also, if you have the custom shotgun shells selected and use Enforcer, he reloads, but not magnum bullets and unloads shotgun shells and glitches him out so that he always reloads shells afterwards and in order to break this glitch, you have to reload shells then reload magnum bullets, thus wasting two UT bars, which is annoying.

Also, if this was stated before, sorry for reposting.

I've never seen the Dark Blue thing happen. Is this something you can recreate? Otherwise I'm not sure what I can do to fix it, since I've never seen it so I don't know what causes it.

For the second one, I reproduced this. Firstly, he always reloads at the end of the move anyway, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Second, from what I could tell it's simply an aesthetic issue. The move was always meant to make him reload Magnum rounds, fire them all, and reload again at the end. When I reproduced the problem, after the move was over, he could still fire his gun, it was just firing Magnum bullets but displaying the Shotgun icon. I just need to fix it so it switches the display properly.

Download Last Bout now!
#318  January 12, 2013, 10:40:23 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
WHOA wait... I missed the memo but JeanB is alive and still making stages?! :O
#319  January 12, 2013, 10:52:23 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
jeans been alive he just doesn't come to guild anymore.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#320  January 12, 2013, 11:06:43 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Well fart holes. Where does he post now? I probably have a dusty account I never posted on there.