YesNoOk

SF1 Lee CVS/POTS (Read 21395 times)

Started by Rabano, October 25, 2022, 09:12:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: SF1 Lee CVS/POTS
#21  October 30, 2022, 05:42:27 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Okay, I took another look at his code, specifically the first hitdef in state 3510, and while I can't claim I fully understand it, the problem seems to be this trigger
Code:
trigger1 = !var(16) && var(15) < 1
Assuming that this trigger wasn't really needed at this point as this part of the attack is a continuation of the attack's first strike, I just commented it out. And sure enough, now the other attacks hit fine... at least in theory. Further adjustments had to be made to the velocity of airborne opponents so they don't just fall out of the attack. I also added a D to his hitflag so the super still hits even if the opponent falls out of it and also changed Lee's x velset on animelem=2 from 0 to 2 to keep Lee moving forward.

All still very rough, but here is what I got after some experimentation:

https://streamable.com/cdz4l3

This could obviously still be improved, but I think that even now it looks and feels a bit better than it used to, at least in my opinion.

Here's the full first hitdef (with adjustments in bold) in case you want to take a look at it.

[State 1000, HitDef 1]
type = HitDef
;trigger1 = !var(16) && var(15) < 1
trigger1 = AnimElem = 2 || animelem = 5 || AnimElem = 9 || animelem = 13 || animelem = 20 || AnimElem = 25 || animelem = 29
attr = S,HA
hitFlag = MAFD
guardFlag = M
priority = 4, Hit
damage = ceil(ifElse(fvar(11) * 34 < 7, 7, fvar(11) * 34)), 15
getPower = 0,0
givePower = 10, 10
pauseTime = ifElse(var(20), 6, 12), ifElse(var(20), 6, 12)
guard.pauseTime = ifElse(var(20), 6, 12), ifElse(var(20), 6, 12)
animType = Hard
air.animType = Back
fall.animType = Back
ground.type = High
air.type = Low
ground.hitTime = 18 + 4 * var(9)
ground.slideTime = 17 + 4 * var(9)
guard.hitTime = 14
air.hitTime = 120
ground.velocity = -0
ground.cornerPush.velOff = 0
guard.velocity = ifElse(var(20), -3.36, -6.52)
guard.cornerPush.velOff = 0
air.velocity = ifElse(var(20), -1.36, -2), -3.5 ;(formerly air.velocity = ifElse(var(20), -2.36, -4), -7.5)
air.cornerPush.velOff = 0
yAccel = ifElse(var(20),.5,.6)
air.fall = 1
fall.recover = 1
fall.recoverTime = 120
forceStand = 1
hitSound = -1 + 0 * (var(31) := 2)
guardSound = -1 + 0 * (var(32) := 0)
sparkNo = -1 + 0 * (var(33) := 8013)
guard.sparkNo = -1 + 0 * (var(34) := 8001)
sparkXY = -10 + 0 * (var(35) := 157), var(36) := -70
palFX.time = 12 * var(9)
palFX.add = 255, 255, 255
palFX.sinAdd = -255, -255, -255, 48
envShake.time = 14
envShake.ampl = 4
envShake.freq = 120
#22  October 30, 2022, 06:10:50 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks for fixing it, I added your code and now I updated the link again with his Lv3 fixed.

Thanks you!
#23  October 31, 2022, 08:42:14 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
He definitely feels better this time around, glad to see and feel the difference in him as time goes on. I found a few more things to report though, though I'm not sure how much of these were present in the last version that I overlooked:

- After checking with Mike, I thought to do so with Lee, and they both have the same issue of their moves having the same start-up time and damage, only really varying in speed or range.
- Hitsparks during One Man Army and Sunrider are misaligned on their kicks.
- Sunrider and MAX Sunrider cut off Lee's hitsounds when they're super-canceled into.
- Hurricane Kick can only super cancel into Level 1 Hundred Spears, not the MAX version.
- Ground recovery roll is misaligned. The same goes for Mike, as well.
- Pressing any punch near the end of his sidestep will cause the sidestep animation to loop until any other button is pressed. Doesn't seem to happen with kicks, though. This also occurs with Mike.
- There's a weird input overlap issue with Upward Lance where the follow-ups will occasionally come out even if I haven't done their inputs yet. Sometimes they'll even come out instantly.
- Oil after Open Canvas should have more forward range overall. It almost looks like he's in the same spot because he moves forward so little when doing it.

Happy to see this level of progress and acceptance of feedback. Is there any chance we could get a palette template of sorts for Lee and Mike?
#24  October 31, 2022, 09:07:53 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
There's another small bug with Graphite. If Lee is hit out of the attack, he may stand in mid air. Change the type of the statedef from S (standing) to A (air) to make him fall back to the ground when he's hit.