YesNoOk

Editing the super effect (Read 1570 times)

Started by NecusX, February 10, 2020, 01:56:38 am
Share this topic:
Editing the super effect
#1  February 10, 2020, 01:56:38 am
  • BOOM!
  • I'm a magen dade who knows how to code somewhat
    • USA
I'm trying to change a super effect into another basically the visuals that tells us that it is a super, under the superpause although I've already added the super effect I'll change the previous super animation to, it still doesn't work unless I set it to  anim = S whatever animation number it is, how can I set those new effects to anim = -1? Any help is very appreciated.
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
Re: Editing the super effect
#2  February 12, 2020, 01:50:42 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You can't have an anim be numbered to -1.
You need to learn to use periods man. Not trying to be rude but you've shoved 6 sentences together and I can't understand exactly what you're talking about because your sentences talk about random things and at this point you should start to see my point but the fact that this sentence is still going doesn't mean I'm trying to be a jerk here.
Anim -1 can't exist. So I imagine 2 things.
1, you want a blank animation.
2, you want the animation it's currently on minus 1.

So for #1 you just make any animation blank and use that value.
For #2 you'd put
anim =  S(anim - 1)
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  February 12, 2020, 03:21:03 am
  • BOOM!
  • I'm a magen dade who knows how to code somewhat
    • USA
You can't have an anim be numbered to -1.
You need to learn to use periods man. Not trying to be rude but you've shoved 6 sentences together and I can't understand exactly what you're talking about because your sentences talk about random things and at this point you should start to see my point but the fact that this sentence is still going doesn't mean I'm trying to be a jerk here.
Anim -1 can't exist. So I imagine 2 things.
1, you want a blank animation.
2, you want the animation it's currently on minus 1.

So for #1 you just make any animation blank and use that value.
For #2 you'd put
anim =  S(anim - 1)

Sorry for the punctuation, wasn't really paying attention there. The basic rundown of it is that there is a animation for -1, although elecbyte says otherwise. It seems that they still use the default super effect if anim = -1 although it is suppose to apply only to animation 30. So how can I change the effect without having to use " anim = S(Whatever animation number my super effect is on)"?
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
#4  February 12, 2020, 09:05:28 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'm kind of at a loss.
What is the reason behind not wanting to just put the value? Do you need it to change depending on certain things?

And sorry if I came off like a jerk with my first post.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  February 12, 2020, 09:42:05 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
using -1 just disables that parameter, so you can't have a specific custom animation as -1. Use 9999 or whatever other number, but not -1.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#6  February 13, 2020, 08:49:55 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
S means "use my characters sff file" no S means use the built in fightfx.sff.

Docs explain this too.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.