YesNoOk

Turn off computer button (Read 1298 times)

Started by djcools88, January 11, 2021, 07:37:16 am
Share this topic:
Turn off computer button
#1  January 11, 2021, 07:37:16 am
Hi first time here, but have been casually using fighter factory for years. I have a pause function mapped to the “start” button on one of my characters in the cns -2, but it annoys me when the computer uses it. My question is how to disable the “start” button from the cpu so that they never use it. I’ve read the Winane code and tried copying and pasting it into my character but it hasn’t worked.
Re: Turn off computer button
#2  January 11, 2021, 07:41:55 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
May not be the best help but try putting this in the cmd file as an AI code. Let's pretend that the state in question is 500, just hypothetically:

Code:
[State -1]
type = ChangeState
value = 500
triggerall = roundstate = 2 && AILevel
trigger1 = stateno = 500

This, theoretically, should make it so it only accesses that state, if it's already in that state. And since it can't be in that state as is, it'll never be able to loop it cause it can't enter that loop. So it'll never happen.

... I could be wrong, but it's a theory.
#3  January 11, 2021, 08:24:36 am
Sorry I forgot to mention a couple of things. I’m running on the old winmugen because the computer I use is an old vista I took offline and is too weak to run later versions so AILevel doesn’t work. Also, the pause function is triggered by a helper so the character never enters a specific state to activate it
#4  January 11, 2021, 08:27:37 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Sorry I forgot to mention a couple of things. I’m running on the old winmugen because the computer I use is an old vista I took offline and is too weak to run later versions so AILevel doesn’t work. Also, the pause function is triggered by a helper so the character never enters a specific state to activate it

... that changes everything and I'm drawing a blank on how to help now, since I work with 1.0 and 1.1

Sorry dude, I'll keep brainstorming and let you know if I come up with a possible alternative.
#5  January 11, 2021, 10:52:55 am
I appreciate you trying
#6  January 15, 2021, 10:27:49 pm
087-B, I want to give you an update: while I didn’t exactly figure out how to remove it, I redesigned the AI and now once it gets into the AI decision loop, pausing isn’t an option. The issue is that I’m not quite sure when mugen decides it’s intpersistindex(59) becomes 1. So it doesn’t exactly happen right away and all I know is that it happens eventually.  I posted the character on Reddit and linked it on a post in the projects section. The combo compilation in the beginning of the video is the AI doing its thing. Thanks again for trying to help me with my issue. It seems most people didn’t even bother.
#7  January 16, 2021, 12:26:50 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
If the character has AI of any sort you could simply block that out as an accessable thing. So whatever is done for the player to access just add whatever the ai variable is to lock access to player only.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#8  January 16, 2021, 12:08:52 pm
Yeah, I have that currently in the helper just in case. The issue I’m running into now that I’m not sure if it’s possible to solve is that once that ai var(59) becomes active, it becomes impossible to take control of the character again with control+1/2. Actually, realizing while I’m typing this, I realized making a varset that uses the “start” button while var(59) is active might work since the cpu shouldn’t be able to use it within its logic loop. Anyways, thanks for the help Cyanide. (Edit: actually, for some reason it didn’t work)
Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 12:15:37 pm by djcools88