YesNoOk

blazblue tag battle (Read 421587 times)

Started by c001357, July 16, 2017, 10:08:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: blazblue tag battle
#121  January 17, 2018, 09:01:56 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
I don't know what's going on within the development studio, but there are a few things wrong with this. First, in a few days, Dragon Ball FighterZ (another game developed by Arc) will be released within a few days. Cross Tag doesn't come until mid year. In my opinion, the game should be delayed to next year. Not only that, I think the costs to develop DBFZ impacted Cross Tag in a few ways as well. First, you've got 19 playable characters at launch for Cross Tag and around 20 for Dragon Ball FighterZ. If Arc put more focus into one fighting game, I can guarantee that the roster for Cross Tag would be much bigger and there would not be as much DLC characters. But instead, Cross Tag Battle's roster got cut in half no thanks to development simultaneously being put into DBFZ.

I made a super long comment on YongYea's channel speculating what's going on with Arc, but I'll try to keep it short. I'd like Arc to delay Cross Tag by at least 6 months or a year (DBFZ gets released this month while Cross Tag is released next year in January for example), take the money earned from DBFZ, and that money will be put into fine-tuning Cross Tag's roster as well as including characters from Persona 4 Arena, Under Night and RWBY. With the 1 year release window between DBFZ and Cross Tag, people can properly transition into Cross Tag. Cross Tag and DBFZ both appeal to audiences outside Japan in a way that makes the two highly anticipated, and it would make more sense for Arc to offset development costs toward Cross Tag this way.

lui

#122  January 17, 2018, 10:11:59 am
    • USA
you know very well theyre not gonna do any of that so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
#123  January 17, 2018, 01:59:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
- DBFZ and Cross tag are being developed by two different developer teams so neither game is takibg developing time from the other.
- The half year gap between the release of both games is fine. There's plenty of time to enjoy DBFZ and get Cross Tag later.
- Game companies have deadlines to meet and delays hurt them in the long run. Plus, a delay in this case wouldn't even make much of a difference anyway. The only reason they can offer 20 characters as DLC to begin with is because the game is an asset dump. Blake and Yang are the only characters that need to be made from scratch.
#124  January 17, 2018, 06:20:21 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
But if that's the case, why make them DLC in the first place?
Did they ever sit down and thought to themselves that locking literally half of the game behind a paywall might cause a big shitstorm?
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#125  January 17, 2018, 07:14:12 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Did they ever sit down and thought to themselves that locking literally half of the game behind a paywall might cause a big shitstorm?

Honestly by the way people saw the price tag in Yen, people think that Arc Sys is going to sell this on the cheap and that's why they want to go with this model...

But again, time will tell on exactly what they are planning to do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#126  January 17, 2018, 07:36:36 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
To gauge interest in fan favorites that didn't make the cut.  I'm gonna assume there's a Story mode reason for this (like MvC Infinite)  so not everyone has a chance of entering.  There are those that want Adachi, Wagner, Mai, Relius, etc so it makes sense to have their already made sprites as DLC.

Except for some bizarre reason, not just BY, but Hakumen, Kanji, Yuzuriha, Litchi, Taokaka, Teddie, Naoto Shirogane, and Orie.  These characters who should've been from the get-go, who were part of their own wave 1 roster in their own series, are locked as DLC.  They must think because they have a vocal following that it would gauge up sales interest like Jubei.
#127  January 24, 2018, 04:34:33 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#128  January 24, 2018, 06:43:48 pm
  • See you in your nightmares!
    • Sweden
    • bley43@gmail.com
The dmg has been done, the hype is dead and they only have themselves to blame.
#129  January 24, 2018, 07:14:17 pm
Still doesn't explain why Blake, Yang, and Wave 1 Blazblue / P4A / UNIEL cast are DLC choices.

If there’s enough support, Mori would like to keep the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle series going.
And I feel that at one point ASW stopped caring.  Not liked they had any from the start of this project.
Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:37:53 pm by Kirishima
#130  January 26, 2018, 07:00:26 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:24:52 am by vgma2
#131  January 27, 2018, 01:10:23 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I think that if they have simply just stick to BB,UNIB and P4Arena without the RWBY cast they would not have found themselves in hot waters.
#132  January 27, 2018, 02:31:14 pm
it would've been better if they did that and dlc the rwby casts instead.   honestly who would buy dlc that you know are recycled sprites.

lui

#133  January 27, 2018, 07:50:47 pm
    • USA
nah one of the huge draws is that rwby characters are part of the game at all, if there wasn't rwby characters at the start people wouldn't be as interested until much later. the game would be roasted even more if it was like that AND the 20 char dlc plan was still in place
#134  January 28, 2018, 01:43:35 am

Quick gameplay featuring Weiss.  RWBY Opening 1 is now a selectable track.  The "ETC" placeholder is still there.
#135  January 28, 2018, 06:30:46 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nah one of the huge draws is that rwby characters are part of the game at all, if there wasn't rwby characters at the start people wouldn't be as interested until much later. the game would be roasted even more if it was like that AND the 20 char dlc plan was still in place

not in japan, do they  even care about the rwby characters being here ?
#136  January 28, 2018, 06:49:54 am
Apparently enough that a JPN dub needed to be added for them.  RWBY is pretty popular in Japan.
#137  January 28, 2018, 08:00:26 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada

not in japan, do they  even care about the rwby characters being here ?

From what I've heard, it's apparently super popular there.

Damn, that gameplay looks a lot more polished than when we've last seen it.

lui

#138  January 28, 2018, 08:02:27 am
    • USA
the game is also being specifically marketed  towards the west instead of mainly japan so that increases rwby's appeal even more
#139  January 28, 2018, 08:15:13 am
well blazblue is popular in the west too, and so is persona.

yeah but still they could still pull some rwby fans to buy the game if all four of them came in as a dlc pack complete with updated story and stages. that way people won't complain, it would look like a legit work that they added just for the game.
Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:18:29 am by 地獄の花

lui

#140  January 28, 2018, 09:03:01 am
    • USA
yes but that would be later on. initial sales are important for this kinda game in the first place