YesNoOk

White Supremacists Protest in Virginia (Read 32255 times)

Started by Amy, August 13, 2017, 12:32:51 am
Share this topic:
Re: White Supremacists Protest in Virginia
#41  August 15, 2017, 08:20:52 am
When seeing that Trump wouldn't condemn the far right, a few republican senators have asked for the car killing to be named for what it was : a domestic terror attack.
If you think the protest was peaceful, you're delusional, it always leads to violence. You only need to look at the people who came to the protest in full army gear (weapons included) and full body armor and whatnot. And the next picture is those same guys in body armor with riot shields surrounding one Black guy on the ground beating his head in with sticks.
Calling it peaceful is just fucking nuts.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#42  August 15, 2017, 12:43:30 pm
The white supremacists, like it or not, had the right to protest peacefully
lol

Naw that wasn't a slip-up. They were protesting peacefully and then the VA police tried to make them disperse. The non-peaceful actions--including the, y'know, car murder--came hours after that. I know most sane people probably don't give a shit, but their rights were violated by the state before any of the carnage went down. They're suing and they'll win, even if public opinion will be as against them as it is possible to be.

This is... one of the most monumentally ridiculous cases of being 'technically correct' I've ever seen, but it's the way it went.

your nazi friends.
they don't deserve freedom when they proudly motion a sign that signifies race superiority. they don't deserve freedom when they scream "blood and soil" and "you will not replace us".
they don't deserve freedom when they fucking demand ethnic cleansing and beat up black bypassers.
fuck their freedom.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#43  August 15, 2017, 01:16:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
You all should know better than to try and engage Snakebyte in a political discussion by now.  History shows he only ever shows up in threads like these when he thinks he can score an easy "ha ha take that liberals" moment and then skitters off before he's forced to actually say anything substantive
#44  August 15, 2017, 01:57:59 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
You all should know better than to try and engage Snakebyte in a political discussion by now.  History shows he only ever shows up in threads like these when he thinks he can score an easy "ha ha take that liberals" moment and then skitters off before he's forced to actually say anything substantive

snakebyte is probably the most objective person in this forum.
I've seen no evidence of him being full of shit.
I think it's safe to say that we all REALLY FUCKING HATE white supremacy and anyone like them but saying they have the right to protest does not mean they are being shown sympathy.

Legally they have the right to a peaceful protest as long as it remains peaceful, just like antifa.

#45  August 15, 2017, 02:27:52 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
your nazi friends.
they don't deserve freedom when they proudly motion a sign that signifies race superiority. they don't deserve freedom when they scream "blood and soil" and "you will not replace us".
they don't deserve freedom when they fucking demand ethnic cleansing and beat up black bypassers.
fuck their freedom.
The ball won't always be in your court. If you want to change the rules to harm these assholes the same thing could easily be done you later.

You don't see anything disingenuous at all after coming to this thread, scoring an easy "ha ha take that Snakebyte" moment and then skittering off before saying anything substantive about the topic at hand, do you?
#46  August 15, 2017, 02:34:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Snakebyte is really not saying anything crazy here. People got to stop tearing other's words apart being nitpicky.
#47  August 15, 2017, 02:44:44 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina

I can't find anything about this so I'm asking here,why do they salute with their left hands?
IIRC both the nazi and the Roman salute is done only with the right hand up,is using the left hand a thing that means something or do these dudes not know how to even do it properly?
#48  August 15, 2017, 02:56:48 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#49  August 15, 2017, 02:57:18 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I can't find anything about this so I'm asking here,why do they salute with their left hands?
IIRC both the nazi and the Roman salute is done only with the right hand up,is using the left hand a thing that means something or do these dudes not know how to even do it properly?
Picture might just be flipped.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#50  August 15, 2017, 02:57:57 pm
Nah, the text on the ground that says Jesus love isn't flipped. They probably just wanted to look pretty from this angle. There are other pictures with people in the same protest doing the salute with the right hand, it doesn't look like the left hand means anything special.

your nazi friends.
fuck their freedom.
The ball won't always be in your court. If you want to change the rules to harm these assholes the same thing could easily be done you later.
I don't know about the US but there are a bunch of Western countries where hate speech isn't protected by free speech, it's a crime. The US is the one that's fucked up when trying to protect their amendments at all cost even in these extreme situations.
Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:04:03 pm by Byakko
#51  August 15, 2017, 02:59:21 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
obvious Soros shills

What, you're implying the guys using tiki torches in a white pride march don't know what they're doing?
#52  August 15, 2017, 03:29:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You mean apart from saying the white supremacy protest was peaceful ?
I think the logic I'm about to say next is wholly stupid but this is USA FUCK YEAH so here goes

All that weaponry they brought? It's still a peaceful protest until someone uses one. You have to remember that there are tons of ppl in the US that find being a walking military force is an absolutely normal thing and most companies and politicians feed this.
#53  August 15, 2017, 03:41:57 pm
Well it's legal but anyone looking at it from the outside and without US-colored glasses should immediately know that it's not a peaceful protest when you bring weapons, regardless of the laws in place or whether you actually intend to use them or not. An American might defend that, but it doesn't make it any less stupid because America is actually, factually and objectively wrong.
#54  August 15, 2017, 04:07:29 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

You don't see anything disingenuous at all after coming to this thread, scoring an easy "ha ha take that Snakebyte" moment and then skittering off before saying anything substantive about the topic at hand, do you?
What, I'm supposed to skip on my job to argue with people online or something?

I'm just saying, guy's got an m.o. and everyone knows it.  I figured it's prudent to remind everyone about it before the thread devolves into another shitstorm, because it's happened before and it will happen again
#55  August 15, 2017, 04:08:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well it's legal but anyone looking at it from the outside and without US-colored glasses should immediately know that it's not a peaceful protest when you bring weapons, regardless of the laws in place or whether you actually intend to use them or not. An American might defend that, but it doesn't make it any less stupid because America is actually, factually and objectively wrong.
I can agree with that to an extent. But I come from an area where the majority will not. I'm saying people shouldn't tear down SnakeByte because he's coming from a different view. The US may be overly lenient on freedom of speech. But that's debatable how good or bad that is. For this scenario I agree with you. But it's a slippery slope when you start cracking down. Technically it may be good to allow idiots like this to do their thing but the gun culture here is what makes it the most dangerous. Freedom of speech combined with rights to have weaponry should probably not be allowed to go together in instances like this.

I don't have those answers but the fact remains that SnakeByte wasn't saying anything objectively untrue in regards to the situation in the culture it's taking place.
#56  August 15, 2017, 04:15:41 pm
it boggles the mind how you guys can say that it was a peaceful march. do you have no empathy for other races?
okay, lets go with this scenario...
assume that you're black, minding your own business and suddenly you see this:

you ask this fine gentleman who wears glasses in the night why is he doing this? after all we're in america where everyone is equal
and he responds with "blood and soil" and "you will not replace us".
are you gonna watch as this person and hundreds like him demand white supremacy be brought back.
this person who doesn't care about the struggles and the hardships that your ancestors had to endure to free themselves of slavery and abuse, and he probably wouldn't mind inflicting it upon you again.
will you just stand by and do nothing?

tl:dr how the fuck can their march be peaceful when their whole goal is to create conflict and advocate racism. do you seriously expect black people to sit idly and watch?

#57  August 15, 2017, 04:39:07 pm
Peaceful is debatable but at large, they weren't doing anything illegal until the point of conflict.

It's easy to take free speech for granted in a western nation because of strong structures. So it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with policing a little hate speech. History has proven that when you start weakening free speech (Latin America), you most certainly inch closer to unreasonably suppressed speech.

One could call it paranoia, but protecting the rights of those you don't agree with (no matter how shitty said people may be) is protecting your own rights too. People countered the movement because they have the right to respond. The violence that happened afterwards was two energized groups butting heads.
#58  August 15, 2017, 04:45:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I guess it's the same as with Westboro. You go there with the intent to make them look like fools. I have no idea what the government actually expects to happen. You and Snakebyte are both right.

The point of disconnect here within the forum is when you start saying things like this
do you have no empathy for other races?

I'm not sure how my explanation gave you that impression. These are horrible people advocating horrible things. This is the part I'm against. Demonizing anyone that simply is trying to bring a different view in. Again, I agree with everything you say it's just not going to make discussing different views easier if a person is labelled without just cause.
#59  August 15, 2017, 06:38:23 pm
#60  August 15, 2017, 06:52:57 pm
I'm not sure how my explanation gave you that impression.
"It's still a peaceful protest until someone uses [a weapon]"
im tired of repeating myself so here is an equation:
peaceful people+peaceful goal = peaceful march
hateful people+hateful goal = violent march
it's still a violent march even if no one got hurt, the very intent of it is built on hate and violence.
why is that so hard to understand?