YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247599 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#321  July 29, 2020, 03:40:36 am
    • Mexico
Regarding Falcon’s moveset, the items are a big part of Power Stone as it’s definitely not a traditional fighting game. I think including them in one or two special moves would be appropriate as they’re important but not the main aspect of the characters, specially if Falcon himself has a limited move pool. Heck even Rouge herself seems to be relegated to kicking in different angles. Giving Falcon a special move based on an item that fits his play style could serve him to potentially give him a new tool (projectile, long range poke, etc).
Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 04:53:07 pm by PBRTODD101
#322  July 29, 2020, 03:58:11 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I think if anything, you can give him item toss as a attack, with different versions for light, heavy and EX, type moves, like light can be him kicking a box forward, heavy has him throwing it in the air and EX maybe both, or straight up? I would say if you have a decent pc, and you wanted to experiment just to get a feel for the character, you can always boot it up in the redream emulator/PSP emulator (since they released a collection on the PSP). Alternatively you can make it so that his UT skill is item generation I guess, where you use your meter, and spawn some items, and rather than requiring the gems to give you your full form, maybe just have it so gems have a random chance of appearing amongst the items he can obtain, and just give you like half a meter or a full meter? Not sure what would be best here
#323  August 01, 2020, 11:10:54 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Oooooh those portraits tho.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson

lui

#324  August 02, 2020, 12:05:39 pm
    • USA
Hey dudes

just wanna clear up the thing regarding Rouge

really didnt think it would be brought up here but I guess thats my fault for underestimating the internet

I am not at liberty to share her due to a few factors:

a majority of the anims were sprired by gatorison in addition to Li_kun's and I only showed off this video in the discord to show his progress on her for his upcoming fullgame project. I didn't expect it to be shown outside of the discord since I was just asked about it by another user to see real quick. He is not finished with her.

I was donated his project that was also being worked on with AvPboy  and kenshiro99 from what I remember as a courtesy to test things out and to give feedback along with a few other thing  that didn't work out.

Unfortunately, it's simply not my project to share. I'd like to respect gatorison, kenshiro99 and AvPboy's wishes to release her along with the rest of their characters with their fullgame when they are ready sometime in the future.

This character won't be released by me since it's not mine and I do not wish to do so. It would be insanely disrespectful of me to do so.

Just in case anyone asks I'd like for people to not ask me for her due to the points above.

Thank you.

btw Sean your art style has improved a LOT compared to previous portraits. well done!
Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:14:05 pm by lui
#325  August 03, 2020, 03:57:52 am
    • USA
The more I read through these posts, the more hyped I get about the next update of CvtW. It's looking a lot better, and I really like your art style on those new portraits you've made. As what the previous poster had said, you have definitely improved on them. Keep up the excellent work on this project, and I will keep on following this thread. :kungfugoi:
#326  August 03, 2020, 04:29:49 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
CvTW is an awesome game. It's simplified yet challenging at the same time. I'm happy and appreciative that I got to voice some characters, and code some too for it.
#327  August 03, 2020, 05:10:21 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@Lui

Eh...word.

@GuiltyBadguy

Hey thanks, I appreciate it and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

@SlenderMan

You're the man bro, legit.

@Chris20855

Thank you, good sir!

@Xanderac

Yep, I'm going to give him a randomized item throw, the random nature will just be aesthetic (box, barrel, table), it will be a big slow projectile. If anyone could point me towards some sprite resources for the box/barrel/table that'd be awesome, I mean I can sprite the items themselves but the thought of having to sprite them breaking apart sucks, and I don't want them to just bounce off and disappear or something dumb like that.

So here's his moveset plan as of now, please correct these move names if they have official names as I could only find a few:

SPECIAL MOVES

-Falcon Arrow - QCF+P - Cannon Drill/Spiral Arrow-type move but it's a punch. Stays low to the ground.
   -EX Falcon Cannon - Faster, travels further and pops the opponent up and over Falcon

-Falcon Cannon - DP+P - Pretty standard Dragon Punch that hits multiple times, with a bit more forward movement than most.
   -EX Falcon Cannon - More invulnerability frames, less startup and recovery but middling damage

-Falcon Sniper - HCB+P - Falcon leaps to the upper corner of the screen ala Vega/Adon, and repels off with a directed Falcon Arrow. Holding D or F as he repels will change the direction. LP and HP variations determine whether he leaps to the corner behind him or in front of him.
   -EX Falcon Bomber - Pressing any direction + P after the initial repel attack will add a second one in the respective direction

-Object Toss - QCF+K - Falcon produces a large randomized object (either a table/box/barrel) and tosses it at a downward angle towards his opponent. Randomization is aesthetic only. Will be a big, slow move but the projectile itself will be quite large and do good damage.
   -EX Version - Less startup and the projectile travels forward farther.

-London Bomber - HCB+K (in air okay) - Command grab, performs a big spinning Izuna Drop. Can be done in the air as well.
   -EX Version - Standard, less startup and longer range

SUPER MOVES

-L1 - Power Drive: Hurricane Aura - DP+S - Transforms into his Powered form and delivers a big, flaming, spinning Shinruken-style uppercut

-L1 - Power Drive: Missile Launcher - QCF+S - Transforms into his Powered form and shoots 3 powerful homing missiles at his opponent

-L3 - Power Fusion: Streak Dash - QCB+S - Transforms into his powered form, surrounded by energy, and does three fast, hard-to-avoid dashes across the screen, doing massive damage.

I know he has another big attack in the game, where he unleashes a ton of homing missiles, but I think that works better in a 3-D environment and would be a bit redundant here since he already has Missile Launcher. UT to be determined, might make the item toss his UT, not sure yet.

Download Last Bout now!

lui

#328  August 03, 2020, 06:59:01 am
    • USA
that's pretty cool, im surprised those sprites were still available anywhere, 2DForever disappeared for the most part haha
#329  August 03, 2020, 04:18:27 pm
    • Mexico
Looks like a pretty solid moveset for Falcon. Yeah the spinning kick move isn’t really needed and item toss could definitely be UT, I’m also struggling to think of what a better UT would be.

I’ve been meaning to ask for a while, but as far as already existing characters go, I always found it strange that Blaze is the only one without a level 3 super. Streets of Rage 4 gave everybody a super art and Blaze’s ends up being a simple one that is easy to combo into, which I think would be good for her kit as combo-ing into anything that isn’t Shin Kikosho is pretty hard to do. Would like to suggest it as a level 3. Blaze has always felt more limited than say Ryu or Cap in the combo department.

It first appears at the 1:15 mark. Mostly used as a powerful combo finisher.
#330  August 03, 2020, 06:41:22 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Has anyone ripped sprites from SOR4 yet? I can sprite that animation fairly simply but I'd love the FX that are on it.

The original plan for her L3 was going to be the special from SOR1, where she called in a cop to shoot a missile at the opponent but I never got around to it.

Download Last Bout now!
#331  August 03, 2020, 06:56:01 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it

I know he has another big attack in the game, where he unleashes a ton of homing missiles, but I think that works better in a 3-D environment and would be a bit redundant here since he already has Missile Launcher. UT to be determined, might make the item toss his UT, not sure yet.

I know that there's an old B.B Hood character that has a similar hyper move.
#332  August 03, 2020, 07:30:22 pm
    • Brazil
It's Baby Bonnie Hood's Baby Bonnie Hood.
#333  August 03, 2020, 08:27:46 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

I am very open to ideas here!

I'm not too familiar with Power Stone, but I remember it having an anime. Maybe somethig decet could come from it!(except if it's as American Darkstalkers or SF).
I swear there was something cool here!!
#334  August 03, 2020, 09:09:04 pm
    • Mexico
Has anyone ripped sprites from SOR4 yet? I can sprite that animation fairly simply but I'd love the FX that are on it.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/streetsofrage4/sheet/132472. FX and character animation frames are separate.

I am very open to ideas here!

I'm not too familiar with Power Stone, but I remember it having an anime. Maybe somethig decet could come from it!(except if it's as American Darkstalkers or SF).

He doesn’t fight much differently in the anime, the only thing I can think right off the bat is his homing punch in his powered up form. Then again I haven’t seen more than 3 episodes of it. Falcon is a boxer and the anime uses that in his fighting style, perhaps a rolling or sidestep punch that goes through projectiles can be his UT. Maybe have it take off half of the UT bar in exchange for it being a good combo starter and not just a projectile punish.
Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:20:14 pm by PBRTODD101
#335  August 03, 2020, 11:08:16 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII

The original plan for her L3 was going to be the special from SOR1, where she called in a cop to shoot a missile at the opponent but I never got around to it.

I actually have ripped all of the game's graphics already, I just kind of forgot to post them. There is a tool which allows to view and modify the game's assets, it was posted on the official Discord of the game.

EDIT: https://github.com/jlcebrian/SOR4Explorer
Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:13:56 pm by Magma MK-II
#336  August 03, 2020, 11:10:55 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#337  August 03, 2020, 11:59:19 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
hmm for items you could probably use sprites from some older arcade games for things like barrel's, boxes and so on, you might be able to get away with a palette edit/slight redraw from games like The Punisher, Alien vs Predator or Final Fight.

You can probably use some of these like the chest, bomb, food and gems from Super Gem Fighter

64th Street: A Detective Story

I might also suggest some of the melty blood maid type characters? they have a lot of item-based attacks
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

there's also that Phoenix Wright by Blade & Riklaionel that has some item sprites you could probably use for this as well
#338  August 04, 2020, 06:15:31 am
I know the suggestions for characters are over, but I have an idea for final boss: what about Scion/Valdoll from Red Earth? He's not very iconic, but fairly underutilised character, that has 2 forms and might be fitting for this game final boss. It would be easeier to use him, than spriting giant boss from scratch. Afterall, Capcom already used character from their own game for final boss in TvC.
Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:22:36 am by GreenZed
#339  August 04, 2020, 08:29:12 am
    • Brazil
Boss will be an original one, I believe.
#340  August 05, 2020, 10:07:11 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
By looking at blaze, It make me thing she would be great with her new animations from her regular stand combo.
And perhaps her regular walk animation.