YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1323877 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#4481  March 17, 2020, 05:37:21 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Is it really that bad that kids even don't like it? XD

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4482  June 09, 2020, 06:02:57 pm
    • Germany
Bill & Ted are Back. Ö_Ö
#4483  October 17, 2020, 07:31:28 am
    • Germany
Since no one else posted this Teaser so far.  ;D
#4484  October 23, 2020, 08:00:11 pm
    • Argentina
They are just as I remember them xD PS: I thought they had the same skin color as the gloves, only it has a small yellow tone xD
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4485  October 25, 2020, 02:00:44 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
They are just as I remember them xD PS: I thought they had the same skin color as the gloves, only it has a small yellow tone xD
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNCDu4nmt8M[/youtube]

Watching the trailer. I cried for joy, no shame at all with that. :)
THE ANIMANIACS ARE BACK!!!
#4486  October 27, 2020, 08:15:49 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4487  October 27, 2020, 10:53:39 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm vaguely curious, but not invested by this point in the series' long run.  First off, what's the focus?  Because Assassin's Creed as a whole lost its focus because it should have ended in 2012 and has continued trudging on like a zombie, occasionally squirting out an idea of merit out of its mass of brains it consumes.  I have zero idea what the hell the games are actually about beyond the historical set pieces anymore since 4, because the whole point of the story of the games was about Desmond and the 2012 apocalypse with the past historical events and assassins being essentially roundabout clues the modern day people need to prevent the Earth from burning up in a solar flare.  This can still work for a show, just change the Doomsday Event from 2012 to whatever they need to make up.  But my vague knowledge of things beyond the trilogy just by playing 4, is the modern day stuff got meta and swept all the Desmond stuff under the rug and the franchise as a whole no longer acknowledges it, it's only History's Assassin's of the Ages: The Game, and in-game bad guys Abstergo are literal stand-ins for UbiSoft selling it the consumers in-game as well?

AC should have ended a looooong time ago, and the stagnation has not only hurt the brand but also diluted the story's meaning.  So I wouldn't even be surprised if this show foregoes the entire main storyline of the series and just sticks to the past events with the Assassins and Templars.  I mean, it sells, I won't lie and say the modern day Assassins stuff was ever my favorite.  Altair's story piece was, so it was odd to watch it get overshadowed completely by Ezio, whch that character worships Altair (And that's not to say anything bad about Ezio, because damn was he a fun character when he was in the limelight.  That whole ending bit in Revelations with the three protags meeting up is still probably my favorite point in the whole series).  There just wouldn't be much of a throughline connecting various assassins and time periods without the future descendant and the Animus plot line.
Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:00:25 pm by Long John Killer
#4488  October 27, 2020, 11:20:54 pm
The announcement is all they've said so far. There's already a rumor that it'll go back to the style of the original trilogy to lure the people who loved the original and dropped the series since (not saying it'll be that story), but it's probably not coming out for a while yet.
The modern day sections were the most disliked part of the original story, the revolution games (after 2 and before Origins) had Abstergo as the McGuffin doing nothing relevant, but since Origins, it's moved to a new cell of Assassins - yet they aren't doing anything relevant so far. Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla are pretty clearly all about the historical parts, the modern day part is just a bonus, and the story is simply about how various people in History decided to stand up to the bullshit of power hungry conquerors and murderers, while throwing random bits about the previous civilizations here and there, but not the specific people we saw in the original trilogy. And it's about how the Assassins came to be - the Templars don't exist yet but we see how various organizations did similar shit before, hence the need for the proto-Assassins.

That's just what Assassin's Creed is, shitty people and those who stand up to them across the ages. I strongly disagree with the idea that the franchise should have died just because the original story ended and the current games are not related to Desmond's story. There's no reason to stop making games in that universe just because the 2012 apocalypse story was garbage. Stagnation is literally the one thing it can't do when it has such an easy recipe for recycling the same concept but completely change the world by jumping across time and space, which is a guarantee to keep attracting new people who weren't interested in Egypt but suddenly want to see vikings (and they are updating the system every time so it's not an exact reskinned copy-paste either).
It's just world building instead of following one specific charismatic hero. That's what all games do today, not one recognizable heroic face of the franchise but a highly customizable self insert every time.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:30:31 pm by Byakko
#4489  October 27, 2020, 11:34:14 pm
    • USA
Wasn't the whole point why the previous AC team split and made that Gods & Monsters game (I think they changed the name to Immortal or something now?) shown off at some previous E3 was because they wanted to do more similar games to AC but found the need for modern day connections to be moot?  The Main Story was preventing the Templars from being complete morons and incinerating the Earth.  By all means, they can make a new modern day storyline if need be, but it sounds without also introducing a new actual threat to, you know, combat, they realized as well they got nothing more to do there.  Might as well drop the pretense of there being modern day connections at all.  Or, have these other non-Desmond related games be from the perspective of those other Abstergo test subjects that Desmond prods their memories in the Animus over, they of course would have different bloodlines to trace back.  And we know all those end in tragedy so hey, pre-installed drama.

Like I said the modern day stuff wasn't my favorite of the bunch, sure wasn't up to snuff to anything else getting released at the time of 2007, but it certainly held my interest ending the first game on this cliffhanger filled with puzzles.  Wouldn't throw it in the garbage pile.  Series sucked me in from the start.  It just by all means felt the series was complete when it was....well, complete.  Very Halo moving to 343-ish scenario, all this beyond the third of the trilogy is just fluff.
#4490  October 27, 2020, 11:53:45 pm
Wasn't the whole point why the previous AC team split and made that Gods & Monsters game (I think they changed the name to Immortal or something now?) shown off at some previous E3 was because they wanted to do more similar games to AC but found the need for modern day connections to be moot?
It just looks like it was a team that really wanted to focus specifically on the Greek mythology aspect. And yes, the animus part was irrelevant to that (plus the AC version of Greek mythology is also different), and there are no Templars in Immortals Fenyx Rising, it's purely a Titans vs Olympians story, straight Greek myth. Lots of people are already saying Ubisoft is trying to turn it into a franchise, but I don't know if they want to stick to Greek myth, or if that means they want to do more mythologies of the world but ditch the Animus, like you say.

For the AC continuity, people have complained about Origins and Odyssey (before the DLC) that it was lacking in First Civilization stuff, but then the Odyssey DLC totally changed that with full First Civilization Olympians, so that's still the red thread in the series. Valhalla also seemed to have little of that at first, but then we saw that the Hidden Ones (the proto-Assassins from Origins) show up in England and Norway, and we are told that there will be DLC in actual Valhalla and stuff, which is probably still going to play into the First Civilization stuff. Plus we'll also have DLC about the New World (Vinland) and the Siege of Paris by the vikings, so it's still a lot about people trying to escape a harsh human civilization to find new land of freedom and shit. Immortals will go the other way, no civilization, just myth.
In Origins and Odyssey, they presented the modern day sections as more and more optional, it shows up in the cutscenes but you don't need to do anything there. So yeah, the whole idea of the Animus is less and less needed to carry the story, but that's not the focus of the story anymore, it's just a McGuffin to introduce new worlds. Even without the Animus, the AC franchise can still retain its identity separate from the Immortals (tentative) franchise by being about real world civilizations and oppressors and highly Historical stuff, while Immortals is 100% fantasy.

If Immortals becomes a series about various mythologies, then I'll be definitely worried about Prince of Persia, which will completely lose its niche if there are two franchises that do history and myth. Then again AC could return to being the PoP spin-off it started as, and it'll give us Persia with parkour again...

(edit - hidden ones, not ancient ones)
Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:00:50 am by Byakko
#4491  March 20, 2021, 09:37:02 am
Apparently Jim Carrey is returning for Ace Ventura 3 with the Sonic movie writing team for Amazon.
Alrighty then.
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie
#4492  March 30, 2021, 06:02:47 pm
    • Argentina
Rick & Morty S5 trailer

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4493  May 10, 2021, 06:16:33 pm
    • Germany
Soo the Trailer for the Venom Sequel is out.

#4494  May 10, 2021, 09:25:19 pm
Too corny for a anti-hero movie....
I already gave up on him. The Avengers and Scarlet Witch did already a better job.
#4495  May 11, 2021, 01:49:33 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Soo the Trailer for the Venom Sequel is out.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V0ARqmnzSk[/youtube]

I dont know what to think a comedy film? so this film will be a friendly movie like the last one :/
#4496  May 20, 2021, 11:43:43 pm
    • USA
https://nerdist.com/article/new-batman-superman-animated-series-hbo-max-dc-comics/

There's a pair of new animated series for Batman and Superman coming to HBO Max.  The Batman one in particular is being helmed by Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, and Matt Reeves.  It's a full-on new series, not a continuation of BTAS or the Justice League universe as a whole, which is slightly disappointing, but it seems it wants to dive back into the dark noir detective origins so that's cool.  Looks like Bruce Timm Batman so that's a plus.

The Superman one seems to be staring the protag of The Owl House later on in life filling in as Lois Lane for this interpretation.  That or it's Pokemon's Goh after coming to terms with themselves.
#4497  June 08, 2021, 07:50:25 pm
    • Germany
Don't know why but this is a movie now...

#4498  June 08, 2021, 10:08:36 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndzAzcUqkDI[/youtube]

Because why the hell not... Plus, you have The Rock and Kevin Hart in the same movie for the first time since Central Intelligence. Although I think Kevin Hart is better as Streaky then Ace the Bat-Hound, but what do I know?
#4499  June 08, 2021, 10:47:52 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Because why the hell not... Plus, you have The Rock and Kevin Hart in the same movie for the first time since Central Intelligence.

This will be their third movie as co-stars since Central Intelligence

And Kevin Hart had a cameo in Hobbs and Shaw

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4500  June 09, 2021, 03:29:43 am
  • The other Indian
    • India

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndzAzcUqkDI[/youtube]

Because why the hell not... Plus, you have The Rock and Kevin Hart in the same movie for the first time since Central Intelligence. Although I think Kevin Hart is better as Streaky then Ace the Bat-Hound, but what do I know?

They're literally together in both the Jumanji movies.