YesNoOk

Hatter's Stuff. (Read 650554 times)

Started by hatter, August 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am
Re: Hatter's Art Vault.
#841  January 17, 2017, 03:09:16 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks. Good PokeMon deserves good sprite. :)

I find it increasingly harder to enjoy life.
This is a generic forum signature.
#842  January 18, 2017, 11:29:03 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

So I've settled on how this is gonna basically play out. The upper body/feet for the last frames, and the transition to idle will be done by me.

I was initially reluctant to show this, but I might as well:

Attempt at a 3-point perspective drawing. I'm currently preparing stuff (as in an actual portfolio) for a 3D animation program I hope to enter. So uhh yeah, this is still under heavy construction and stuff. Will change stuff here and there, but I'm content with how it is building up so far.

You'll probably see like 2 more perspective drawings for this portfolio.

As for the requests, I haven't forgotten about them, and I am still working on the first one. I plan to finish Taiga and the Venom animation at the same time. With each request, I'm dedicating it to learning something new. So e.g. with the Taiga sketch, I used it as a platform to learn about document resolution in digital paintings (and from it I realized I've been doing a lot of things wrong for 2 yrs >_<).
#843  January 18, 2017, 11:42:05 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's hard to see the image but from what I see that doesn't look like 3 point perspective. Can you draw me a grid interpretation of a city scape in 3 point so that I may see your process better. I want to make sure you grasp it right.
#844  January 19, 2017, 07:40:02 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Reviewing everything I did concerning perspective and that drawing, I'm going on a perspective boot camp, beginning with 1-point, working up to 3-point perspective, because I'm sick and tired of having shit everything. You aren't gonna hear from me for a long time, except if I have one of those requests to show, or a commission in progress. Going to be reading/applying everything in Ernest Norling's Perspective Made Easy until my hands and eyes bleed. Then its off to anatomy bootcamp, with Loomis, Hogarth, and Bridgman at hand. Then coloring and lighting, with Gurney, and you get what I mean.

But on another note:

Because if you are gonna make a sprite using my favorite DBZ video game as a starting point, you might as well do it right. Or decently, at least.
(still a WIP by the way).
Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:36:50 pm by Hunnid % Cotton Hatter
#845  January 19, 2017, 11:21:49 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#846  January 22, 2017, 01:59:46 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Venom Fists.

I'm not creative enough for a badass name. So come up with one and save me the agony of thought.
Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:47:59 am by Hunnid % Cotton Hatter
#847  January 23, 2017, 02:57:26 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Alright, so 100_Sad_Pandas request is, well, done:

I'm gonna redo this one later on in the future, like all art I do after I learn new things. The purpose of my boot camps (which I regret now doing with the requests going on) is to relearn and retrain myself in all the fundamentals of art. And in a short amount of time.

Next requests are gonna be simplified to the core, so cel-shading lighting for example, rather than my feeble attempt at color blending.

Also, for those interested, Venom Cross is done, so check that out too

On an unrelated note, I want to make a website of my own, but from the ground up, as I am not a fan of Wix or anything like that. Been itching to learn Wordpress, so anyone know any resources out there I can make use of? Any link/reply/advice on that is much appreciated!
#848  January 23, 2017, 03:57:09 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Nice artwork buddy! :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#849  January 23, 2017, 04:18:19 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Venom Fists.

I think it looks great!  ;)

This might be a bit nick picky but, I think the animation might need more weight in the punch recovery frames. When he is done throwing it like, more of follow through if that makes sense. I though i think this works good enough for the game launcher.

Either way good job!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#850  January 23, 2017, 04:24:00 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Its actually not meant to be a launcher (I know, it looks like one), its meant to be a new s.HP. I wasn't going to bother with more frames because spriting this guy was beyond the most difficult thing I've ever done. I don't think I ever wanna touch him again to be honest. I'm honestly terrified of touching him. :sick:
#851  January 23, 2017, 04:38:18 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
lol and I don't blame you at all!

There are a lot details and exaggeration going on with him I can't blame you. Nit picky feedback honestly just in case you wanted to improve it a bit more. ;)

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#852  January 24, 2017, 09:02:51 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Started working on a bare base for Dominant Crush:

Spoiler: spoilered for lag reasons (click to see content)

Nobody say shit about that crop, I didn't notice it until I saved the whole thing. :grrr:
#853  January 26, 2017, 01:32:10 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I stumbled upon this in the Spritesheet Expansion Appendum Thread:

The one on the bottom right seemed really interesting, so I kinda made this rough:

Not entirely sure if I got the gist of the animation that felineki wanted down correctly. Thoughts?

Also, Week 1 of Perspective Bootcamp (1 pt. perspective) is done, starting tomorrow, its off to 2 pt. perspective. I'm starting to see some nice results now. So thank you Ernest Norling for your book on perspective!
#854  January 26, 2017, 01:34:59 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Post your one point perspective!
#855  January 26, 2017, 01:46:08 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
If you insist. I'm not gonna show all of them because it takes forever to scan one image. T-T

Here's Day 1, from observation:

And here are two sketches I did from observation on Day 5 in under 20 minutes, 10 for each:
(the one on the left is pretty messy because I was standing up while doing it. Don't ask why, even I don't know what compelled me to do that :T).

And here's one I did from memory/imagination for Day 6 (or 7, I dunno anymore):

Its probably not uber-great, but I decided to try and adhere to time limits (save for Days 1/2) as a form of test. Weeks ago, I couldn't do what I did on Day 5/6 or 7, now I feel that at least the handle on them is a bit better than before.
#856  January 26, 2017, 02:17:13 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You should do some with the standard rectangles and cubes too. Put some in the air, put some on the ground. Make some tall enough to go above the horizon line. Some of these have a few things that make me wonder if you really get it yet. But they all have enough odd ball things to justify the way they look too. Also try putting the vanish point off center on the x axis.
#857  January 26, 2017, 02:35:33 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
You should do some with the standard rectangles and cubes too. Put some in the air, put some on the ground. Make some tall enough to go above the horizon line. Some of these have a few things that make me wonder if you really get it yet.

Well what do they have? I'm pretty sure I've gotten most of it, but if there's something I missed, tell me. I'll get back to it soon enough too.
#858  January 26, 2017, 02:43:20 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well like I said there is enough to say you may get it. Questionable things include:

Pic 1: 2 paths that are correct and a cylinder in the center. Hard to judge with a cylinder.

Pic 2: left has a lot of weird angles but it's inside a house so maybe? Right more cylinders

Pic 3: shadows and buildings that don't head toward the vanishing point. The buildings in front of the center building to the right do not go above the horizon line but they go back a huge distance I think. I dunno, it looks off.

That's why I wanted to suggest just blocks. To take out the oddball stuff so what I see in those could be justified.
#859  January 26, 2017, 02:56:25 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Proof enough?
#860  January 26, 2017, 03:02:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Going from left, right, left, right

1 is good
2 is 2 point perspective
3 the bottom and tops of the buildings do not go toward the vanishing point
4 the back of the building is super wonky and doesn't follow 1 point perspective rules