YesNoOk

Geralt of Rivia (Read 10367 times)

Started by CpnCrossfader, October 26, 2019, 04:13:21 pm
Share this topic:
Geralt of Rivia
#1  October 26, 2019, 04:13:21 pm
    • UK
Introducing...

Geralt of Rivia, from the Witcher series of books/games by Andrzej Sapkowski.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I used "KOF Anthology Shin" by Duracelleur as a base point for movement, then created all the special moves/new animations. Then I created the sword stance system, which works in a similar way to my Gandalf character; You need the sword drawn in able to perform sword attacks (which can be linked together). If you attempt a sword attack while it is sheathed, Geralt will need to firstly draw his sword, which adds a very minor delay. Vice versa for non-sword attacks. You can sheath/draw your sword at any point- see movelist below.

Moves:

Axii (Mind Control) - D, DF, F, x
Igni (Fire Blast) - D, DF, F, a
Yrden (Magic Trap) - B, then F + x  (Does not hurt opponent, but briefly stuns/interrupts if they enter the trap)
Quen (Magic shield orb) - block (This is created any time you block)
Aarden (Kinetic Blast) - z

Swallow Potion - a + b (Drinks potion of Health Regeneration)
Toggle Sword - a + x (Puts sword away if already unsheathed, or draws it if sheathed.)
If you attempt a sword move while sheathed, or a non-sword move while drawn, the character will automatically first of all put away or pull out their sword, creating a minor delay.

Swift Sword attack - x, x, x
Combo attack - y, y, y
White Wolf Uppercut - D, DB, B, x or y

I have made this in the same style as my other characters- No power levels required for special moves, but they are weighted to not be too powerful. (I like all of the cultural references to be available immediately).

Edit:
Picture links now working!
.cmd file now included!
Hit effects now corrected
Aard (force push) move slightly nerfed
Taunt glitch (see floating animation in Gui's video) now corrected
Added a couple more sounds to attacks
Fixed Palette problem- Now accepts alternate palettes, 2 of which are included

Download Here
Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:54:53 am by CpnCrossfader
Re: Geralt of Rivia
#2  October 26, 2019, 07:37:45 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Geralt doesn't have a cmd file in the download link

#3  October 26, 2019, 08:01:08 pm
    • UK
Apologies, now included! Link updated.
#4  November 06, 2019, 03:53:30 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
CpnCrossfader, sadly this "Geralt" is a no-no.
In fact, i get really frustrated about it since i'm a huge The Witcher fan...
#5  November 06, 2019, 04:02:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yea, don't explain why it's a no-no or anything....
#6  November 06, 2019, 12:18:59 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Yea, don't explain why it's a no-no or anything....

Well...

See for yourself DF but to resume.
- Very bad coding
- Sprites unfinished and misaligned
- The effects are terrible
- A lot of sounds missing
#7  November 06, 2019, 01:53:31 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Oh cool! You posted a passively aggressive video coupled with written feedback. You have officially graduated from the Dorkflare School of Feedback. Heh...jokes...

incoming bad joke jar

Well...I'm not a fan of the series and even I'm offended by this char. Honestly this char is alpha at best. It demonstrates what the creator had in mind, but isn't quite finished yet. Would have been something that you would release on a WIP thread, so you can get more feedback. This guy shouldn't give up. He just needs to study more, get some specific feedback and apply it. Then release it once it's closer or it's actually completed.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#8  November 07, 2019, 08:27:35 am
    • UK
Thanks for the feedback, some of which is constructive, the rest of which is arbitrary, subjective, vague and rude.
The sense of entitlement astounds me. I noticed there wasn't a Geralt out there already, so I spent a fair amount of time putting this together for my own game, and once it was done I thought I'd post it up to share in case anyone else was interested, instead of simply leaching off the content on this forum. It's not like I'm charging any money or anything, I'm not claiming that it's character of the month, so for someone that I don't know to say it offends/frustrates them is beyond my comprehension. If you don't like, just move on. Stuff like this just makes people not want to share their content in the future, and it definitely makes me less likely to publish any fixes.

Regarding the constructive elements-

There is clearly one animation sequence which is an error. The floating glowing move that you kept repeating in the video. That obviously shouldn't be there and needs fixing.

The hit effects are poorly coloured, I agree.

There are sounds missing from moves, I'm sorry if this is offensive to you, or whatever.

Other than those minor points, I'm happy with the character, personally. If anyone wants to take over or improve the character for the community, please feel free- I'm not precious or protective over my own work like that. But I'm not about to put in more of my own time to win a rude stranger's approval.
#9  November 07, 2019, 10:55:24 am
    • Turkey
Which feedbacks you found rude?Because i also agree that this char need some fixes.
#10  November 07, 2019, 12:20:57 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Unfortunately it's been like this everytime a new creator shows up... I'm also not a fan of how some people "give feedback" here.
#11  November 07, 2019, 02:51:26 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
- "MA is a toxic place."
*A new creator appears*
- "HUEHUEHUE"

I see.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#12  November 07, 2019, 03:35:22 pm
    • UK
Thanks to those in support. I'm not actually new; this is actually my 6th character and 8th piece of content that I've created and shared on here. It just takes me a long time to make them, so I'm very sporadic at publishing stuff!
Peace to all, I hope I haven't ruined your days too much by offering this free optional download.
#13  November 07, 2019, 05:38:18 pm
    • Turkey
Ruining our day?Dont you understand?We are not angry at you for making gerald character.We are just telling the errors so you can fix.Otherwise,contribition is always good.Thanks for taking time to learn how to code a character and making this char.Which is something i cant make.
#14  November 07, 2019, 05:48:30 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Another feedback.

His sprites are indexed but not properly sorted for any palettes to be created. I hate when this happens.
A simple way is making another blank .sff file and importing them by forcing them to adapt to a sprite with all the colors available. That'll save you time to properly index them.

Second, his effects are indexed wrong as well. I think that's why they look funky. You'd need to rework those.
#15  November 07, 2019, 06:02:33 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#16  November 07, 2019, 06:10:51 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Thanks to those in support. I'm not actually new; this is actually my 6th character and 8th piece of content that I've created and shared on here. It just takes me a long time to make them, so I'm very sporadic at publishing stuff!
Peace to all, I hope I haven't ruined your days too much by offering this free optional download.

Sorry bro. I was joking about the offended part. But I meant everything else. Thanks for sharing and don't give up on updating this yourself. You sound like you are open to suggestuons. I can only give visual and gameplay feedback. I wish I could give coding advice, but if I could I'd probably would have made my own char by now...lol!

Good luck man.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#17  November 07, 2019, 07:15:27 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Thank you for making a non-JUS Geralt for Mugen, and your other works like T-1000 and Gandalf. We need more beloved, mainstream characters in Mugen like these.
#18  November 07, 2019, 08:17:51 pm
    • UK
#19  November 07, 2019, 08:18:54 pm
    • UK
His sprites are indexed but not properly sorted for any palettes to be created. I hate when this happens.
A simple way is making another blank .sff file and importing them by forcing them to adapt to a sprite with all the colors available. That'll save you time to properly index them.

Second, his effects are indexed wrong as well. I think that's why they look funky. You'd need to rework those.

At last some useful and constructive criticism. I appreciate the tips and might try and fix this, thanks.
#20  November 07, 2019, 08:28:07 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
My intention was not to offend you man and i know you're not new on MUGEN since you release other stuff like Gandalf and T-1000.
I know you can do better than that and i hope you can take a look on the amount of issues this Geralt have.