Share this topic:
Jean Stage by Vegaz
#1  November 05, 2020, 03:31:38 pm
  • I must continue my training...
[PREVIEW]

[DOWNLOAD]

The French Guile

[COMMENT]

As promised, I'll be continuing on with stages from Fighter's History. Jean's stage comes with superjump, zoom, zoom delta, animations, parallax and a looped bgm. As usual, Davias ripped the sprites. Download and enjoy!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Re: Jean Stage by Vegaz
#2  November 05, 2020, 03:44:47 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Thank you! Happy to see more stages from the game being remade
#3  November 05, 2020, 04:06:53 pm

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
#4  November 05, 2020, 04:29:33 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Again, I have to have a look to all the stages you released lately ! I messed some of them I think!
Glad to see more of this ported to mugen with your skills!!
Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 06:04:49 pm by Nedflandeurse
#5  November 05, 2020, 05:29:25 pm
Again, I have to have a look to all the stages you released lately ! I messed some of them I think!
Glad to see more of this ported to mugen with your skills!!

Thanks again, bro. Just trying to improve a little each day...

[/quote said:
#6  November 05, 2020, 06:04:01 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I mean "I missed some of them"

Not I messed  ^^;
#7  November 05, 2020, 06:41:16 pm

[/quote said:
#8  November 07, 2020, 03:56:28 pm
    • dsarena.free.fr
I can see that you are active and motivated so may I suggest the following :
- Mention the source of the game (Arcade, SNES, etc.), for some of us it might not be obvious to define it by ourselves. Ideally, mention it in a readme file, somewhere at the top of the code otherwise. Giving that information it in the release thread is a plus. Here: Source is SNES
- Specify when you edit something and maybe for what purpose you did it, some people look for straight conversions. Here: Edited to make the stage taller
- Pay attention to the code: In stage programming, WinMugen and Mugen 1.0+ share 95% of the code. Some sections disapeared while others have been updated. The parser won't throw an error for compatibility sake but porting a stage to 1.1 is more than adjusting size values and adding zoom parameters. Examples:
1) in the Music section, WinMugen bgvolume is now bgmvolume with a different usage
2) Info section adds parameters, these parameters are common because already used in characters since ages (author, version, mugen compatibility), they faciliate the identification of the stage by us and can be reused in characters code
#9  November 07, 2020, 04:57:18 pm
I can see that you are active and motivated so may I suggest the following :
- Mention the source of the game (Arcade, SNES, etc.), for some of us it might not be obvious to define it by ourselves. Ideally, mention it in a readme file, somewhere at the top of the code otherwise. Giving that information it in the release thread is a plus. Here: Source is SNES
- Specify when you edit something and maybe for what purpose you did it, some people look for straight conversions. Here: Edited to make the stage taller
- Pay attention to the code: In stage programming, WinMugen and Mugen 1.0+ share 95% of the code. Some sections disapeared while others have been updated. The parser won't throw an error for compatibility sake but porting a stage to 1.1 is more than adjusting size values and adding zoom parameters. Examples:
1) in the Music section, WinMugen bgvolume is now bgmvolume with a different usage
2) Info section adds parameters, these parameters are common because already used in characters since ages (author, version, mugen compatibility), they faciliate the identification of the stage by us and can be reused in characters code

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll try and make my posts a bit more user friendly. Also my stages aren't compatible for Winmugen anymore. If anyone tries to use a stage they downloaded in the 1.0 section for Winmugen then that's on them.

[/quote said: