YesNoOk

PC Gaming is now portable - STEAM DECK (Read 121326 times)

Started by walt, July 15, 2021, 11:56:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: PC Gaming is now portable - STEAM DECK
#21  August 06, 2021, 08:02:22 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I dont get the whole PSP chinese clone crap
Simple, because of the structure, it's the same format than PSP/PSVita with more details. For me all the old and actual portable PCs out there are PSP clones and not specific consoles. However, this Steam Deck is more than them since it has the Steam interface as base.

If RetroArch can be finished when the Deck is released, would be a great reason to get one IMO

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

lui

Re: PC Gaming is now portable - STEAM DECK
#22  August 07, 2021, 10:10:02 am
    • USA
For clarification's sake, this actually isn't the first portable PC with good ass specs to be entering the market. It IS however the first one with a good. ass. price.

Here are the other ones this generation that are competing with eachother. Most of these are an average of 700-900$ give or take and have similar specs to the Steam Deck.
Yeah, but this is a portable console, not another "PSP chinese clone with a PC inside where you can play everything". I mean, you only can get Steam system here and play the whole catalog with this console (or at least what they promise ith this release). I'm not so familiar with Steam (I got account there since years, but recently I got a decent PC to use it as a "console"), but I think this could be a good idea if this is done well.

Now, RetroArch is on works for Steam, so that's a real possibility to play everything on this new console. As Cinder said, I hope this project won't flop like Steam Machine and became a serious contender to actual consoles... and by actual, Switch isn't included LOL

uh

these all run windows 10.

and steam os. and any linux based os.

the steam deck is literally just another one of these systems, except it has a good price.

i dont think you understand here

steam deck is simply a pc enclosed in a portable case than can run either steam os, linux or windows 10.

all of these systems do that. theyre all the same in their functionality, it's just the hardware that makes them different.

please don't spread misinformation like this:

I dont get the whole PSP chinese clone crap
Simple, because of the structure, it's the same format than PSP/PSVita with more details. For me all the old and actual portable PCs out there are PSP clones and not specific consoles. However, this Steam Deck is more than them since it has the Steam interface as base.

If RetroArch can be finished when the Deck is released, would be a great reason to get one IMO

Since these are all expensive handheld pc's that require alot of commitment to buy.

EDIT: Here is an example of my GPD WIN 3 setup

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/578188662597091329/873479588741783573/20210807_011530.jpg

I use it as my main Windows 10 PC at home now, replacing my dedicated rig, using a docked setup. Whenever I wanna take it with me to play PS3 or PC games, I just undock it and play it on the go. I then dock it back when I get home.

All of these portable machines do this, the Steam Deck is simply the latest one. The OS isn't even what makes it special as I could install it here if I wanted to. You don't even need to use the actual Steam OS, you can just use Windows as I have said before.

See here: https://techraptor.net/sites/default/files/styles/image_header/public/2021-07/Valve%20Steam%20Deck%20Budget%20Gaming%20PC%20cover.jpg?itok=F2bqtf_0

literally the same setup as mine.

plus, I even have a dedicated Dock setup in my living Room that I use when I wanna play my games on the big screen TV on a couch!
Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 10:24:08 am by lui