YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 549576 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#561  April 25, 2017, 09:07:27 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
D.Va got added to Heroes of the Storm so she's getting a new police skin through a nexus challenge like how Genji did with Oni, You can also earn the Oni Skin through this challenge if you didn't get it last time.
#562  May 04, 2017, 02:39:11 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
So there is now another leak from 4Chan about 3 upcoming heroes (one of them being Doomfist, others are called Bria and Ivon), a new upcoming event on May 24th, and apparently a talk about the game having a single player game mode some time down the line.

Again it's from 4Chan so it could be anyone making this up, but the Orisa leak turned out to be true IIRC so who knows? Well anyways here are the leaks:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#563  May 04, 2017, 04:24:25 pm
New PTR has arrived, plenty of character changes:

Genji

Removed the attack cooldown from Genji’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
Developer Comments: This is a quality of life change to make wall climbing feel better.

Hanzo

Removed the attack cooldown from Hanzo’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
Storm Bow
Increased charge speed by 10%
Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is continuously held
Developer Comments: Decreasing Hanzo’s draw time gives him more overall DPS, while also letting him fully charge an arrow and more quickly return to full movement speed when needed. And, like the change to Genji’s wall climbing, this is a quality of life change that will make climbing feel better.

Orisa

Fusion Driver
Damage reduced by 15%
Protective Barrier
Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds
Developer Comments: To help Orisa maintain the front line for her team, we’re reducing the cooldown of her Protective Barrier. This change also helps her reposition the barrier more easily when needed. To compensate for this new defensive strength, we're reducing her Fusion Driver's damage, as it felt too high.

Reaper

Wraith Form
Ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith Form is used
Developer Comments: Wraith Form is typically used as an escape ability after firing. This change gives Reaper a fighting chance if an enemy chases him down as he uses it.

Reinhardt

Earthshatter
Effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters
The height threshold of objects that Earthshatter can "climb" has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it "crawls" along the ground.
Developer Comments: Earthshatter tended to climb unexpectedly high, frequently hitting targets that were significantly above the ground. These changes help the ability stay more grounded.

Soldier: 76

Heavy Pulse Rifle
Bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19
Developer Comments: Soldier:76 is in a much better place lately, but his damage output was making him a must pick, compared to similar roles.

About time Earthshatter got a couple nerfs, apparently if you stay on top of payloads it won't hit you now. Soldier's nerf is understandable but I hope they bring Pharah down a bit as well, Pharmercy is a big thing now.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:29:46 pm by DelusionTrim
#564  May 04, 2017, 04:47:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
So there is now another leak from 4Chan about 3 upcoming heroes (one of them being Doomfist, others are called Bria and Ivon), a new upcoming event on May 24th, and apparently a talk about the game having a single player game mode some time down the line.

Again it's from 4Chan so it could be anyone making this up, but the Orisa leak turned out to be true IIRC so who knows? Well anyways here are the leaks:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Calling BS on this until confirmed otherwise.
Doomfist is the safe prediction for the next hero. The hero after him would be at a concept stage at this point and the hero after that one probably isn't being worked on at all yet.
You could argue that an event so close to the end of the recent Uprising event is plausible due to Winter and Lunar New Year events having been so close together, but I'm predicting the next one to be Summer games 2 in June.
And single player mode? Overwatch was clearly designed with a TF2 route in mind.
#565  May 04, 2017, 05:29:55 pm
    • USA
Another event so soon actually makes sense with the first year anniversary being at the end of the month and i'm sure they planned an event for that.
Also if you were a legit leaker you sure as hell wouldn't give out your exact location and Ivon doesn't sound like a character that would fit into overwatch at all it sounds like his main way of attacking would be controlling bots like rip-tire but this would also make him a easy target.
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:34:10 pm by Moon Girard
#566  May 15, 2017, 10:51:01 pm
I just started playing this game, coming from CS GO, I cant wrap my head around who does what, whats the best char to start off with for noobs ?
#567  May 15, 2017, 10:54:45 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Soldier 76 is probably the easiest to start with because he's your basic Call of Duty man;  machine gun, rocket launcher, aimbot.
#568  May 15, 2017, 10:58:33 pm
Thanks, this game seems like breath of fresh air to me, cs go is a constant train of frustration, coming from GE, its still the same BS.
#569  May 18, 2017, 10:12:15 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Believe me, you'll probably get stressed with Overwatch's competitive mode (but really, who doesn't? Also, I'd recommend doing that when you're at least level 100)

Anyway, teaser for the Anniversary event was released yesterday.

23rd May - 12th June
#570  May 18, 2017, 10:36:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
For the 3-5 people that still haven't gotten Overwatch: There's a Free Weekend coming on May 26 until May 29.
If it goes like it was the last 2 times it went Free weekend there should also be a discount along with it.
#571  May 18, 2017, 01:31:23 pm
Also, just a heads up that this is the last week of the HotS Nexus challenge. If you have kept up with it, this week you'll get 10 loot boxes in both Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch by playing 5 HotS matches with a friend.
#572  May 18, 2017, 09:44:44 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
#573  May 18, 2017, 11:47:05 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Kazotsky Kick is better
#574  May 18, 2017, 11:56:36 pm
    • USA
About time. They teased dance emoticons like half a year ago.

#575  May 19, 2017, 03:23:42 am
    • Puerto Rico
Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:40:44 am by Darkflare
#576  May 22, 2017, 09:43:14 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
#577  May 23, 2017, 05:09:30 pm
    • USA
Tracer gets her 9th million skin
#578  May 23, 2017, 06:34:29 pm
Oh hell yes to those costumes that Zarya, Mei, Lucio, Tracer and D.Va got, hope I get these at least... I don't play the others but they look pretty good too imo, Hanzo finally has a new legendary costume.

Hard to believe it's been a year already, time goes fast doesn't it :X
#579  May 30, 2017, 03:41:18 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#580  May 30, 2017, 01:38:58 pm
I always like to see those posts whenever they make them, they are fun to read.

So, how are you all going in this event? Only costume I've unlocked so far was Symmetra, and dance emotes for Ana, Mei, Reinhardt and Sombra, along with sprays and voicelines.