YesNoOk

Kingdom Hearts General Thread (Read 182523 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, October 15, 2013, 08:38:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kingdom Hearts General Thread
#101  September 15, 2016, 05:17:16 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The Dream Drop Distance gameplay doesn't have the drop gauge that's good news.

Taking into account that the only thing that the drop system offered was that after X time you would be forced to switch characters, which caused current missions and bosses to reset back to the beginning, I'm not bloody surprised it was scratched. I'm not even sure why they thought it was a good idea from the very beginning. Interrupting the flow of the game and making you switch characters when you don't want to by force was something that made me hate that game.

They should also drop the mechanic that makes your guardian beasts die if you don't ressurrect them after some time, but perhaps that's too much to ask from them.
#102  September 15, 2016, 05:22:45 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#103  September 15, 2016, 05:36:27 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The cover art is missing an explosion behind the characters, to make it more fitting. Otherwise... well, I myself think the cover art is not that great, though I do appreciate Lea's appearance.
#104  October 27, 2016, 05:12:08 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

2.8/Fragmentary passage opening. Aqua!! :mcry:

Also both 1.5 and 2.5 (as one package) were announced for PS4. Now you can stop whining about needing to buy more than one console to play all the games.

EDIT: English version for non-weebs.

Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:17:11 pm by Mgbenz
#105  October 27, 2016, 05:56:59 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Also new KH3 screenshots.
Kingdom Hearts @KINGDOMHEARTS
    As we don't have any news for #KHIII, Nomura-san would like to offer everyone a sneak peek at Guard Form - a new Drive Form!

The Guard Form shield mentioned earlier was transformed from the Keyblade of Herc's Shield which has been shown previously.

This power form was edited as it is the Keyblade from a world that hasn’t been released yet, so it has changed into a hammer shape.
#106  October 27, 2016, 06:15:25 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Feels good to actually have a proper Olympus world instead of being in that stupid coliseum for 6 frickin' games. The Underworld section in KHII wasn't that good.
#107  October 27, 2016, 07:15:35 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
Since the PS4 release of KH 1&2 runs at 60fps I hope they can also fix the drive form loading times in 2 and we finally have the perfect version of KH2 Final Mix.
#108  October 27, 2016, 08:31:57 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Since the PS4 release of KH 1&2 runs at 60fps I hope they can also fix the drive form loading times in 2 and we finally have the perfect version of KH2 Final Mix.

Don't forget the glitches and freezes that has happened within 1.5 and 2.5...
I hope they carry over the Save Transfer system from FFX/X-2 remaster as well.

And I really do find it pretty funny how much they are hyping Aqua's part in 2.8 since it was mainly just the KH3D otherwise. Now I'm honestly curious to what exactly Aqua does that's massively important between BBS and 3D.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#109  October 27, 2016, 09:23:50 pm
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
Man, just as I think of playing through KH 1, Re:Chain and KH 2 again, a new trailer is released. KH was a childhood favorite of mine. If only I could find my copy of KH 1 to celebrate :c
#110  November 02, 2016, 11:25:34 pm
    • Brazil
Question, which was the latest KH game that mixes all of them in PS3? 2.5?
#111  November 03, 2016, 12:08:18 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
At least until 2.8 comes out in January
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#112  November 03, 2016, 12:32:50 am
Question, which was the latest KH game that mixes all of them in PS3? 2.5?

1.5 contains 1 and some spinoffs, 2.5 contains 2 and some other spinoffs, both are for PS3. 2.5 doesn't contain 1.5's content. There isn't a package with both of them.
#113  November 03, 2016, 01:04:45 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Yet.  There isn't one yet, but if you feel like holding off for a bit, there's this to go with 2.8 on the PS4.

Of course, 358/2 Days and Re:coded are still just revamped cutscenes, so if you need to play those you're going to need to seek out the original sources, but you don't really need to play those.  358/2 if you really love the Organization, but the cutscenes explain the important stuff, of course.
#114  November 03, 2016, 03:18:14 am
    • Brazil
I'd hold for 2.8 if I knew I'd have money for a PS4 as well. I'll just stick with 2.5, but thanks for the info.
#115  November 03, 2016, 03:36:11 am
  • The Goddess Returns
1.5 is Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Chain of Memories Remix(the updated version that came from the PS2 version) and 358/2 Days.

2.5 is Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Birth By Sleep Final Mix, and Re:Coded Final Mix(which was a mobile game redone up)

Honestly, the story is sadly really tied to ALL OF THEM(to the point where they can't even be called spinoffs but weird levels of sequels and prequels). Not helping by the Final Mixes usually having extra scenes the originals never had

2.8 is Dream Drop Distance and now Aqua's sidestory that either shows what she does after BBB but before DDD or it's actually after DDD and the prologue to Kingdom Hearts 3.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#116  November 03, 2016, 10:34:57 am
One of these days I will have the willpower to get into this series.

I want to, but 1's gameplay...
#117  November 03, 2016, 07:27:44 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
1's gameplay is garbage but don't let that put you off. It's still playable and a decent experience.
2's gameplay is easily the best of the whole series though.
#118  November 03, 2016, 07:48:26 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Come on, 1's gameplay wasn't that bad, I still play the PS2 version from time to time and I still enjoy it (and really, nobody complained that much until we got 2's superior gameplay). Frankly, it's my favourite because while the gameplay has its shortcomings (specially in platform sections), the fights were done taking into account that gameplay and it worked really well, and the story was the best in the series IMO. I honestly was moved after playing the game. KH2... not so much in some aspects.

And frankly, Sephiroth fight in KH was far better than in KH2. Still my favourite secret boss fight in the entire game, with a really epic scene before the fight. The majority of the current ones punish you excessively if you make a mistake. The worst example of all was Mysterious Figure which is infamous for obvious reasons. Spending 30 minutes spamming dodge was not enjoyable at all (and good luck winning with Terra, took me more than a hundred attempts to achieve this). At least Vanitas' Sentiment let you some breathing room in several parts. 3D only had one really boring one, so I hope 2.8 has a good one, if there's one.
#119  November 03, 2016, 08:01:06 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'm actually sentimental about 1s gameplay in some ways

I remember 'press triangle to win' irritating me in 2
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#120  November 03, 2016, 09:20:38 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Honestly i find 1's gameplay to be slow as shit. I get its supposed to show that Sora's just starting out, but still.
I will admit that the KH1 Sephiroth fight is superior to the KH2 version. And fuck Mysterious Figure forever