YesNoOk

Evil Ryu Updated (31/10/2020) (Read 252285 times)

Started by vyn, May 28, 2014, 05:00:58 am
Share this topic:

vyn

Re: Ryu
#61  June 10, 2014, 07:01:18 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
im double posting cuz the last post was huge but i think i answered to everyone.

i finally made his super portraits into the new evil ryu art, also i changed lvl2 supers theme from purple to red. some screens.

as for the ultra im considering to use the fully colored image and some multicolor effects, all i have so far is the portrait with lvl 3 sparks but i think it looks cool

thoughts?

cya
Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:05:18 am by vyn
#62  June 10, 2014, 08:41:46 am
  • Niigasan
Fuckin sweet I love the idea
#63  June 10, 2014, 08:52:00 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#64  June 10, 2014, 09:01:44 am
    • USA
Those super portraits look clean and crisp.
#65  June 10, 2014, 09:56:27 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Of course you can use anything you find in the MFG SF project. If tou want you can use the current kaze no ken as a filler till its fixed. If Felo can't fix it I have judas on backlog to commission fixing the focus.
#66  June 10, 2014, 12:50:05 pm
Oh my god...

What a great Char...thx for this. can't wait anymore, hope you'll release it soon.

Anyway will wait with great interest.

Thx Vyn
#67  June 10, 2014, 02:00:54 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Would you be willing to try a different E.Ryu render for each level? I mean like having different portraits for the level 2 and 3 supers
#68  June 10, 2014, 05:07:09 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Alternate artwork for each level? That always looked super tacky to me. :/
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
#69  June 10, 2014, 06:32:25 pm
I have to agree with Hoshi. I think the way it is done currently looks really nice, varied but still cohesive. A bunch of different images might break that cohesiveness.
#70  June 10, 2014, 06:48:56 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright

vyn

#71  June 11, 2014, 02:14:02 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Fuckin sweet I love the idea

tnx mate

nice, can i have the file?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1972074
There you go, guy.

awsm, will check it out

Those super portraits look clean and crisp.

tnx

Of course you can use anything you find in the MFG SF project. If tou want you can use the current kaze no ken as a filler till its fixed. If Felo can't fix it I have judas on backlog to commission fixing the focus.

tnx, any plans for evil ryu edits?? like his fc or the ultras??

Oh my god...

What a great Char...thx for this. can't wait anymore, hope you'll release it soon.

Anyway will wait with great interest.

Thx Vyn

its gonna take a while but ill get there

Would you be willing to try a different E.Ryu render for each level? I mean like having different portraits for the level 2 and 3 supers

ive tried it before but it doesnt look as good, if they made sense with each other then i would consider it but thats hard to find and a lot more work.

Alternate artwork for each level? That always looked super tacky to me. :/

would depend on the work but some attempts ive seen dont really work.

I have to agree with Hoshi. I think the way it is done currently looks really nice, varied but still cohesive. A bunch of different images might break that cohesiveness.

indeed

#72  June 11, 2014, 02:31:49 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
vyn, so, you have not artworks for different ports?
There is my ideas:
-Your port is awesome, so let him be LVL 3 port.
-For LvL 2 port, i thimk, you can use this one:

-After slighty hack (just delete ripped parts of backward, repaint hair and invert) this can be LVL 1 port.

=================================================
With ultra's port I still can help. But you can use original portrait from SSF4:AE.
Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:38:08 am by Trololo
#73  June 11, 2014, 02:41:48 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Vyn´s hyper backgrounds always used the same port, is the colors that makes them different. I really like them this way.
Chilling
#74  June 11, 2014, 02:56:02 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
I agree. Not really a fan of using different ports for each level, specially if the style of each artwork is different.

#75  June 11, 2014, 12:59:29 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
Another question, is this being coded for winmugen or 1.0?

vyn

#76  June 12, 2014, 12:46:04 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
There is my ideas:
-After slighty hack (just delete ripped parts of backward, repaint hair and invert) this can be LVL 1 port.
With ultra's port I still can help. But you can use original portrait from SSF4:AE.

i have tons of pictures, certainly everything a google search can give, those included.

this is exactly what i mean. If i were to use these examples there are a number of problems.

-the first picture would require way too much work to be usable because of all the layers of effects on it
-my portraits appear from the side so they need to give the impression of moving and looking sideways, like in the VS games.
-art style doesnt match, one is ssfiv and the other is cvs so they dont look good together, there is no sequence.
-once the second picture is only one color its no longer clear that is evil ryu, will look like regular ryu.
-first picture will look really bad when its only one color, this one is based on my experience

So bottom line: just because an artwork looks really awesome doesnt mean its usable.

As i said before i would be willing to use different portraits if they had a sequence like same expression in all three but the mouth closed on the first and fully opened in the last but its hard enough to find one picture with none of the above problems, let alone a whole sequence of 4.

still i apreciate the effort mate.

#77  June 12, 2014, 05:52:46 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
There is my ideas:

i have tons of pictures, certainly everything a google search can give, those included.

this is exactly what i mean. If i were to use these examples there are a number of problems.

-the first picture would require way too much work to be usable because of all the layers of effects on it
-my portraits appear from the side so they need to give the impression of moving and looking sideways, like in the VS games.
-art style doesnt match, one is ssfiv and the other is cvs so they dont look good together, there is no sequence.
-once the second picture is only one color its no longer clear that is evil ryu, will look like regular ryu.
-first picture will look really bad when its only one color, this one is based on my experience

So bottom line: just because an artwork looks really awesome doesnt mean its usable.

As i said before i would be willing to use different portraits if they had a sequence like same expression in all three but the mouth closed on the first and fully opened in the last but its hard enough to find one picture with none of the above problems, let alone a whole sequence of 4.

still i apreciate the effort mate.

Understood.

vyn

#78  June 17, 2014, 06:20:25 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Another question, is this being coded for winmugen or 1.0?

Ive been working on organizing a lot of stuff cus the guy was a mess.

Sorted the files,
started working on new system effects,
removed old AI codes,
removed roll dodges, roll guard and zero counter.
Edited his voice to a better volume, sadly its kinda pitchy now but thats unavoidable i guess
Added intro, winpose, winquotes and taunt
Removed Misogi (will probably use it as an intro only)

etc

As for his abilities ive been thinking long and hard about what to use so here is a draft of whats in my head so far (excuse lack of accurate names):

Specials:

Hadouken
Shoryuuken
Tatsu
Axe Kick
Air Hadouken (not sure if straight or downwards yet)
Air Tatsu

Ex:

All the above, havent figured properties of all yet but Axe kick will be an overhead and ground hadouken will be denjin chargable

Supers:
LVL1 Shinku hadouken (thinking of regular or going for the Beam i showed as lvl3 earlier) both air and ground
LVL1 Shinku Tatsu
LVL2 Shin Shoryuuken (not sure if i should go for something electric or something like sfiv from regular ryu, i plan on doin some research on those ink effects, maybe hteres a way to make them cuz electric has been done a lot already).
LVL3 Raging Demon
LVL3 Beam Hadouken (might end up a being lvl1 like in mvc3 or just the ultra version so i dont end up with 3 hadouken super/ultras)

Ultras:
Ultra Hadouken (really struggling with either something like Oni´s ultra or just the big beam)
Ultra shoryuuken from SSFIV (im probably gonna use a shin shoryuuken startup instead of the triple shoryuu)

Here is a screen of his taunt just because:

Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:23:37 am by vyn
#79  June 17, 2014, 08:13:33 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Air Hadouken (...downwards yet)
That.

LVL1 Shinku hadouken (thinking of regular...) both air and ground
This is good.

LVL2 Shin Shoryuuken (...those ink effects,...).
That, or just go with that Black/Red energy/flame thing you have already. Either one would probably look cool.

vyn

#80  July 01, 2014, 05:38:26 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Been a while since i posted but ive been making slow progress with the not-so-flashy parts of the template.

Last night i started working on the Defense increase when the health is low trying my best to emulate ssfiv with crappy defensemul and life add but im having a problem on the last hit, i cant figure out the way for the life add to work properly and not prevent death. Damn that defensemul.

Ill try and work on damage dampener these days emulating ssfiv too where its move based instead of hit based.

Also finished standing basic attacks with cvsish push properties but damage and power values from ssfiv. Juggle will probably be my next pain in the ass as ive never coded one properly.

Oh, i changed most of the system effects as well and reworked the pallette so that those black-red effects can be edited into different colors later on. Black and purple look particularly cool.

Cya.