YesNoOk

Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released (Read 9197 times)

Started by Reck, November 27, 2013, 05:35:50 am
Share this topic:
Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released
#1  November 27, 2013, 05:35:50 am
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
Re: Samus Aran by gartanham and Colosse released
#2  November 27, 2013, 04:25:22 pm
    • Brazil
Its bad, very very bad.

#3  November 28, 2013, 01:52:17 am
    • USA
It's actually not as bad as I originally thought it was going to be, but yeah it's still pretty bad :'(
#4  November 30, 2013, 11:12:14 pm
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
It's actually not as bad as I originally thought it was going to be, but yeah it's still pretty bad :'(
Man I wish people would take there fucking time when making a character, They think everything should fight like marvel vs capcom sheesh.
#5  December 01, 2013, 04:55:33 am
    • USA
Well, it could always be salvaged and re-released by another author :P but I do see what you're saying and I do somewhat agree.
#6  December 01, 2013, 11:23:51 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Havent fully tested it, was trying to fight the AI but Ive noticed:

• Her rush super's first active frame starts just as the super pause ends, if not a few ticks before. In addition to giving her armor during the entire state, its also unblockable at point blank due to the startup issue I mentioned, and the AI abuses this to no end.
  • Aerial bomb drops can keep you cornered and shave off 25% of your life easily
  • Bombs sometimes turn into clones of Samus

I'll take a more in depth look later after I upload an unrelated video (which was originally going to be against this Samus but I'll be honest here, I gave up trying after 5 tries simply because of how frustrating the issues I pointed out were, not worth it for a vid where its primary purpose is voice testing).

Posted: December 01, 2013, 12:05:27 pm
10 minutes worth of testing:

• Bombs and Screw Attack can be spammed infinitely in midair.
  • standing MP is a psuedo infinite in corner (doesnt register as a combo but Opponent cant escape from it)
  • Misaligned hitsparks on Standing HP
  • Speaking of Standing HP, for that fullscreen range it has, it only has 4 frames of recovery and leaves you on neutral frames on hit. It is -4 on block, but you pretty much spam it to keep the opponent in the corner without much punishment.
  • Not only does Crouching HP have the same issues as Standing HP, its also +3 on block.
  • Far MP is +23 on hit and block at minimum distance, and can lead to an easy corner infinite
  • No cornerpush on close MP or HP.
  • B,F Lightning special is +17 on hit and +9 on block
  • Ice Shot can keep opponent frozen indefinately for the rest of the match as long as you keep using it.
  • As mentioned before, her QCF+HK super is unblockable at point blank. The only way to block it is to be more than half screen away and even then, its still +20 on block.
  • Severely misaligned hitspark on crouching HK, not to mention it can also be blocked high despite being a sliding kick
#7  December 05, 2013, 08:14:08 pm
    • USA
Havent fully tested it, was trying to fight the AI but Ive noticed:

• Her rush super's first active frame starts just as the super pause ends, if not a few ticks before. In addition to giving her armor during the entire state, its also unblockable at point blank due to the startup issue I mentioned, and the AI abuses this to no end.
  • Aerial bomb drops can keep you cornered and shave off 25% of your life easily
  • Bombs sometimes turn into clones of Samus

I'll take a more in depth look later after I upload an unrelated video (which was originally going to be against this Samus but I'll be honest here, I gave up trying after 5 tries simply because of how frustrating the issues I pointed out were, not worth it for a vid where its primary purpose is voice testing).

Posted: December 01, 2013, 12:05:27 pm
10 minutes worth of testing:

• Bombs and Screw Attack can be spammed infinitely in midair.
  • standing MP is a psuedo infinite in corner (doesnt register as a combo but Opponent cant escape from it)
  • Misaligned hitsparks on Standing HP
  • Speaking of Standing HP, for that fullscreen range it has, it only has 4 frames of recovery and leaves you on neutral frames on hit. It is -4 on block, but you pretty much spam it to keep the opponent in the corner without much punishment.
  • Not only does Crouching HP have the same issues as Standing HP, its also +3 on block.
  • Far MP is +23 on hit and block at minimum distance, and can lead to an easy corner infinite
  • No cornerpush on close MP or HP.
  • B,F Lightning special is +17 on hit and +9 on block
  • Ice Shot can keep opponent frozen indefinately for the rest of the match as long as you keep using it.
  • As mentioned before, her QCF+HK super is unblockable at point blank. The only way to block it is to be more than half screen away and even then, its still +20 on block.
  • Severely misaligned hitspark on crouching HK, not to mention it can also be blocked high despite being a sliding kick
If you haven't yet, you should post that in the creator's topic on MMV.
#8  December 06, 2013, 08:54:07 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Yeah then Ricepigeon gets banned day one for that very reason lol, I can see that happening.
#9  December 06, 2013, 03:56:21 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
One day Mugen will have an awesome Samus ... one day ... :alien:
#10  December 06, 2013, 05:27:38 pm
  • It's time to fly...
    • USA
    • Skype - suburban-gamer

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
#11  December 06, 2013, 06:07:28 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

Someone else already copypasta'd everything I posted here with the exception of the cloning issue with her bombs, which I already pointed out over there.
#12  December 06, 2013, 07:56:05 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i wouldn't mind to help this version....i'd code something SERIOUS for this...
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#13  December 06, 2013, 08:19:11 pm
  • It's time to fly...
    • USA
    • Skype - suburban-gamer

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
#14  December 07, 2013, 10:37:21 am
    • USA