YesNoOk

Shitty games that everyone should play (Read 47438 times)

Started by lui, February 28, 2016, 04:51:32 am
Share this topic:

lui

Shitty games that everyone should play
#1  February 28, 2016, 04:51:32 am
    • USA
Post the cringiest games you can think of and give us atleast one reason why they are shitty and if you want, tell us why we should experience the cringe. Because science!

I got one!

Duke Nukem Forever.

It has Aliens with 3 Tits. ALIENS. 3. TITS.

Re: Shitty games that everyone should play
#2  February 28, 2016, 04:55:22 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

THE RAAAAGE

(Didnt know Duke Nukem Forever is a fighter)
#3  February 28, 2016, 04:57:52 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I think that might've been accidental thread placement?
#4  February 28, 2016, 04:59:16 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Superman 64 if you despise yourself and spite your existence.

Also, you put it in the wrong board wlarus. Nevermind, wlarus moved it.
This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#5  February 28, 2016, 04:59:53 am
    • USA
yeah, i just moved the thread.

to be fair duke nukem is a fighter. you fight the game in a struggle to actually play the game decently.
#6  February 28, 2016, 05:09:42 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Slaughter Sport - just to understand my suffering. It's also the only fighting game I know of that has a character with ear rape as one of its attacks (no, I'm not joking, the bat character actually has a move that's just playing ear rape in order to irritate you while playing the game).

Yoshi's Touch N' Go: But you have to piss away $30 like I did (and you can't spend it on anything else, just Yoshi's Touch N' Go, so just burn the rest you would use after buying it or something) or the disappointment won't hit you as badly. Again, this is to understand my suffering. If you can't do that, just don't fucking play it.
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:23:19 am by Jesuszilla
#7  February 28, 2016, 05:19:52 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
No clue if this topic deals with guilty pleasures, but I honestly enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever. Granted, this was hit-and-miss of the century, but it was still good old Duke with 90s jokes that fly over the younguns today. Great novelty if anything, as it's a literal trip the past.

If you want genuine shit though, Pariah is the first thing to come to mind; pushed as a revolutionary shooter with unmatched weapon customization and built off the Unreal engine, it naturally disappointed the masses with monotonous gameplay and barebones plot. :3
#8  February 28, 2016, 05:22:53 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Mortal Kombat Advance

A port of UMK3 at an unplayable state. You'll know why.
#9  February 28, 2016, 05:25:10 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Mortal Kombat Advance

A port of UMK3 at an unplayable state. You'll know why.
Unplayable? PFFFFTT wait till you see my Sindel, stylish as fuck

Just kiddin its a gross game.

On that note, the KOF gba games were awful

lui

#10  February 28, 2016, 05:31:45 am
    • USA
#11  February 28, 2016, 05:35:01 am
undertale lol

lui

#12  February 28, 2016, 05:37:15 am
    • USA
oh dude jango and fubs are gonna kill you in your sleep watch.
#13  February 28, 2016, 06:00:04 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:08:10 am by Cyborg Melv
#14  February 28, 2016, 06:00:37 am
No clue if this topic deals with guilty pleasures, but I honestly enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever. Granted, this was hit-and-miss of the century, but it was still good old Duke with 90s jokes that fly over the younguns today. Great novelty if anything, as it's a literal trip the past.

If you want genuine shit though, Pariah is the first thing to come to mind; pushed as a revolutionary shooter with unmatched weapon customization and built off the Unreal engine, it naturally disappointed the masses with monotonous gameplay and barebones plot. :3

Me too. Good game with some bad spots, the singleplayer DLC had less bad spots. Truly enjoyed it, the only major negative was the godawful load times.

To get back to the topic at hand, Enter the Matrix for the original Xbox. What a hilarious mess that was.
#15  February 28, 2016, 06:07:08 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Bebe's Kids.
#16  February 28, 2016, 06:16:01 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Bujingai and the Forsaken City (PS2)
#17  February 28, 2016, 06:23:22 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
Street fighter aka Fighting Street aka the first street fighter that I'm sure nobody plays because it's so jank
#18  February 28, 2016, 06:38:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
oh dude jango and fubs are gonna kill you in your sleep watch.
Eh? I think Person Man and Jmorph and Iced would be more capable of that. I mean parts of it are phenomenal but there's enough stupid bullshit that averages everything out to "okay."

If you want my choices on horrible games you MUST play:

Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game (Gameboy Advance): It plays the "last time on Dragon Ball Z" music on loop through almost everything. The AMERICAN ONE. Everything else is stock sound effects, and when someone gets enough rage to ascend a personality stage, it plays the same generic dude screaming you hear in the "Aah! Real Monsters" opening. Also due to a curious programming oversight, Goku can never win with Most Powerful Personality; the programmers somehow accidentally programmed a Lv.4 Yamcha card (even though he's not in the game) instead of a Lv. 4 Goku card. It looks like a horrid flash game that somehow ended up on the GBA.

Super Bust-a-Move 2 (Playstation 2): The gameplay is great, but what makes this game horrific is the story mode. The MPEG compression is laughably bad, and the voice actors... oh my god the voice acting. Not the one sin the game segments. The voices in story mode are COMPLETELY different and are fucking terrible, like they just pulled some intern into the recording booth, made them read something once, and were like "perfect, into the game it goes." Which just adds to the surrealness when you have these characters threatening to kill each other (for real).

Space Ace (Super Nintendo): Now admittedly, Space Ace isn't exactly a masterpiece, but if you like Dragon's Lair, it's right up your alley (not to mention quicktime events in cutscenes basically owe their existence to these games). The Super NES version, however, is a mess. It was converted into an action platformer and everything kills you in one hit. Also a a slight audio oddity in the original shows up a lot more frequently in this version, and it's hilarious.
#19  February 28, 2016, 02:17:13 pm
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
This might be stretching it a bit, but:

Dong Dong Never Die
- Digitized fighters, photo-realistic stages, and an awesome soundtrack. What's not to love? ...Except for, perhaps, the obvious lack of originality that starts with the intro, which rips off KoF 98, and gets worse from there on. Also, MJ's Dangerous plays on one of the stages. Along with Ai wo Torimodose and Guile's theme.

#20  February 28, 2016, 02:47:12 pm
DBZ Taiketsu (GBA):
the stages look bad,
the characters feel the same,
the gameplay is sluggish,
it's difficult, if not impossible, to do combos (even though Piccolo's AI did a 5-hit combo in the blink of an eye),
sometimes you don't even know if you defeated the enemy with a super move; or when you kill somebody it will instantly go to the win pose (without even finishing the move).
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:04:55 pm by Sin-