YesNoOk

2016, which M.U.G.E.N to chose, where to download ?  (Read 30200 times)

Started by Destiny108, October 03, 2016, 09:10:59 pm
Share this topic:
Re: 2016, which M.U.G.E.N to chose, where to download ?
#81  October 11, 2016, 11:24:03 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Yall need to chill its just mugen&&the internet lol,  some of you argue like
 siblings as if you see each other everyday haha.

Go green live stress free and say fuck it like Kat Williams
#82  October 11, 2016, 01:01:55 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Awww you're no fun :-(
#83  October 11, 2016, 01:12:53 pm
I sincerely didn't see any kind of malicious attack either, it just sounded like the kind of rough talk that occasionally happens between intellectually macho nerds that the average person wouldn't have a hope in hell debating against. I personally thought there was some inside shit I was missing.

Yeah the tone was harsh (I actually thought it was pretty kind), but I wouldn't consider what boiled down to "your argument sucks" as some venomous insult to someone's character. Nor would I consider the more carefully worded "mildly full of shit" to be on the level of "being a massive dumbass," which would've been just as interchangeable given the context. Idk, just kinda surprised it escalated the way it did.
#84  October 11, 2016, 05:17:12 pm
You make a very solid point, it seems 1.1 is geared towards a more powerful PC, some questions:
1. Can I still use 1.0 Characters without any glitches in 1.1?
2. Wouldn't the Zoom feature mess up other characters' and their movesets if they are coded a certain way? Or if they are fighting an opponent that uses the Zoom feature?

1 Yes,
2. It depends on how much zoom you use, go for zoomout .7 max, .65 will break projectiles on chars thats cause they were coded for no zoom there are chars that are coded for 1.1 and dont have this issue you can also fix it yourself I've done so on several chars so I can use more zoom. Well not break but if you go to one side of the screen with too much zoom and the other, the projectile will not show up or will clip right before the end of the screen. but If you go .7 zoomout max none of this will happen. Keep in mind .7 in an insane zoom out most creators out there cap it at .8 so Its all good and fine.
As I have shown in the videos dust and stuff like that works fine.
Raaja's stuff is complex as hell, all of em work 10 out of 10 on 1.1.

This is how the camera works if you have it setup right
https://vid.me/2qgy
Tatsu with the amazing stage.
Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:45:34 pm by PeXXeR
#85  October 11, 2016, 07:26:08 pm
    • USA
I prefer 1.0 for simplicity and some reasons stated already. I do have a 1.1 roster only for things made with 1.1 in mind. There are a lot of cool things that shouldn't be missed.

Anyhow, not that into ReShade at all, and I'm not interested in fixing the issues that come with porting older characters over, so I'll be primarily sticking to 1.0.
#86  October 11, 2016, 07:56:45 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I use Mugen 1.1 since the public beta was released and I don't have compatibility issues regarding WinMugen characters.

You guys who complain about compatibility issues probably didn't even try experimenting 1.1 yet.

As a coder, the only issue I found regarding compatibility is mentioned in the thread below.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-1-1-projectile-distance-issues-167673.0.html

Some projectiles will disappear immediately after being spawned if the fighters are too close to the corner of a zooming stage. But, as I mentioned in that thread, the stage must have a downright absurd zoomout capacity.

Aside that, I don't have performance issues with Mugen 1.1 since its public release. And believe it or not, I use Win XP in a PC from 2007.
#87  October 11, 2016, 08:16:38 pm
Yep you nailed it if you go zoomout=.7 you will not have any issues at all, and that is still absurd.
Even if you want more zoom you can still fix the chars themselvs.

One more thing though, if you don have stages with HUGE high jump and have a big zoomout you have to tweak the verticalfollow to .1 or something. If you want zoom you have to tweak things to work its a hassle, but its the same with 1.0 if you want your chars to be smaller you have to use localcord I tried that and It broke a couple of chars said fuck it  went back to 1.1 got the same effect with zoomin=.9 and the chars were working again so yeah.

Pick your poison, one hand you have to add zoom to all your stages( That means fixing bounds,floor. scrolling simple stuff but you have to do it) on the other you have to localcoord all your chars and stages. Which has its own issues as well.

As for the Kyo ''Bug''
https://vid.me/JY4f
OMG ITS UNPLAYABLE, delete everything :(
JM did an awesome job fixing it, thanks man !
Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:55:34 pm by PeXXeR
#88  October 11, 2016, 08:50:16 pm
Not quite as easy with beams though. Only ways around that would be either locking the screen assuming it's zoomed in enough in the first place (can that even be done with stage zoom, I haven't sandboxed enough), or manipulating the proj/helper and having an awkwardly long beam.
#89  October 11, 2016, 09:16:46 pm
Do you mean the Fire piller ?, yeah thats cause of my insane zoomout, just lower the zoom and touch up the sprites, I have not done so couse it does not bother me at all. This is like zoomout= .5  reduce it to .7 its gonna be fine. I am also using 1280x 960 thats why I have so much room over tha chars heads if you use 720p its gonna look fine.
#90  October 11, 2016, 09:30:45 pm
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
I use Mugen 1.1 since the public beta was released and I don't have compatibility issues regarding WinMugen characters.

You guys who complain about compatibility issues probably didn't even try experimenting 1.1 yet.

As a coder, the only issue I found regarding compatibility is mentioned in the thread below.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/mugen-1-1-projectile-distance-issues-167673.0.html

Some projectiles will disappear immediately after being spawned if the fighters are too close to the corner of a zooming stage. But, as I mentioned in that thread, the stage must have a downright absurd zoomout capacity.

Aside that, I don't have performance issues with Mugen 1.1 since its public release. And believe it or not, I use Win XP in a PC from 2007.

I was literally about to post everything u sed ^^*. Except the last part - i have a new PC 4 4K gaming.

To clear things up, is there an actual list of 1.1 known bugs vs 1.0 known bugs?

That would help clear up the decision for other people asking same question.
Sometimes i think some people are just skeptic of 1.1 and havent tried to xperiment with zoom or 32bit png or widescreen and just prefer their old 4:3 8bit pcx indexing stuff.

BTW tbe projectile thingee issue i had too on some older chars on zoom stages but i have more recent versions of same chars, like original pots gouki had that bug but DW or ansatsuken versions dont just 2 mention 2 examples.

Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:36:34 pm by Zazamyon2
#91  October 11, 2016, 09:36:36 pm
As I staded above lower the zoom buddy. zoomout=.7 will not affect any char projectile.
#92  October 11, 2016, 09:47:10 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Who cares about zoom. The new air options and remappal on explods and helpers are the cool things :p
#93  October 11, 2016, 09:51:41 pm
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
The interpolate angle is indeed sex
#94  October 11, 2016, 10:52:36 pm
  • For honor!
This sexual tension between 1.0 and 1.1 users. Pfffft real men use Linux MUGEN :3c
Iroha stripped for me
#95  October 11, 2016, 10:54:07 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Look at those wusses, you people haven't experienced DOSMugen.
#96  October 11, 2016, 10:56:34 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I'll give DOSMUGEN credit for one thing (outside of being my first MUGEN): It's the only build that plays the opening storyboards for Reu's Evil Ken perfectly. Everything after goes through it too fast so the sound cues are all off.
#97  October 11, 2016, 10:58:00 pm
  • For honor!
I honestly don't see why 1.0 and 1.1 screenpack makers can't see the light. Linux and DOS Mugen have all the screen pack options you'll ever need: Default fonts and The Last Blade super cancel/Marvel vs Capcom super backgrounds!
Iroha stripped for me
#98  October 12, 2016, 01:14:37 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I honestly don't care about zoom at all... really I don't. Also, 1.1 allows me to be more precise with positioning explods since it allows float numbers such as 3.7, 6.45, etc. for pos x & y as opposed to 1.0, which only allows exact values.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#99  October 12, 2016, 01:17:11 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
But there's no such thing as a fraction of a pixel...
#100  October 12, 2016, 01:19:13 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I honestly don't care about zoom at all... really I don't. Also, 1.1 allows me to be more precise with positioning explods since it allows float numbers such as 3.7, 6.45, etc. for pos x & y as opposed to 1.0, which only allows exact values.

you realize mugen truncates things like that right? The only time you'd get anything out of those float points is with larger numbers aka higher local coord chars
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.