YesNoOk

Supreme Sagat BETA 2.1 FIX 15 December NEW PAG.14 T.THRUSTS+ COUNTER SUPER (Read 338359 times)

Started by M206, June 26, 2017, 05:49:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Sagat by M206 NEW SVC STYLE GUARD VIDEO PAG.4
#81  September 22, 2017, 01:24:29 am
After playing a bit more, two comments and a compliment.

First, the XYZ and ABC are switched at the very start of the readme. It's the punches that have a d+ move in the air, it's the punch throws that can be done in air, etc. It's right in the combo section, it's just the bit at the beginning before most of the special moves that's the issue.

Secondly, I can't get the optional u/f+C to come out in the f+X,X,Z,A,u/f+B,(u/f+C),f+Z combo. There may be other optional input issues, I didn't dig too deep into them, but all the other non-optional combos and all the other optional u/f+C inputs work great.

Thirdly, I was having some issues with the P,P,P special coming out while testing combos... but eventually figured out the timing that would trigger the combo without triggering the special, and it's really neat that you have this coded so that kind of precision exists. Great job.

edit: Fourthly, a glitch! If you perform either Air Tiger Cannon right before you hit the ground, you'll lose the power but then you'll hit the ground and the move won't come out!
Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:29:31 am by Snakebyte
#82  September 22, 2017, 05:21:57 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
I have seen some heavyweight boxsers use a stance like that. Not a great picture but he uses it to make use of his reach and jab.
I really cant find a good picture of it but it looks like Sagat's one. Good job on the stance

Reminds me of Tong Po from Kickboxer:

M206, did you ever have this move in mind when editing Sagat?

I made a rough reference for you with Artpose if you ever want to attempt to sprite a super move with it or something. Just imagine the 3d model with flames on his feet:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qo6ic017svysg2f/SagatOngbakkick+reference.rar
https://ezgif.com/split/ezgif-3-9483375033.gif
Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:00:01 am by HolyMercenaryT
#83  September 22, 2017, 11:21:04 am
Maaaan... I'm just clapping! These stances and block are SO GOOD!
But I suggest you use his CLOSE GUARD stance first, and THEN to make him open his guard.

thanks!! ;) about switching close guard/open guard, for now it's not in my plans, since i've added a lot of transitions frames based on the open one.. let's see in the future. ;)

I have seen some heavyweight boxsers use a stance like that. Not a great picture but he uses it to make use of his reach and jab.

I really cant find a good picture of it but it looks like Sagat's one. Good job on the stance

yes, it's one of the reason of a guard like that. thanks. ;)

Lookin awesome and I agree with trolo

:) :)

Beautiful work so far M206.  ;D I imagine Sagat would move like this in a new street fighter.

thanks, i'd love that too. :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I just tried out this Sagat and holy shit thank you thank you thank you. I have wanted a Sagat that felt like this for so many years. Finally someone made one that really goes crazy with new ideas instead of the same 4 specials and hypers!

The old stance looks great but the new video with the stance switching also looks great. I'm a huge fan of this character and eagerly looking forward to the next update. It even has Tekken style combos. Those are the best.

I'm very happy right now.

(P.S: I can't see the images you post either, just the videos)

thanks, i'm happy to hear you like my char. you got the point i wanted to reach. ;)
about the images/gif, i don't know why google photos doesn't work anymore.. any suggestion of which hosting site could i use to show the gifs?? :/ :/

#84  September 22, 2017, 11:30:12 am

Reminds me of Tong Po from Kickboxer:

M206, did you ever have this move in mind when editing Sagat?

I made a rough reference for you with Artpose if you ever want to attempt to sprite a super move with it or something. Just imagine the 3d model with flames on his feet:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qo6ic017svysg2f/SagatOngbakkick+reference.rar
https://ezgif.com/split/ezgif-3-9483375033.gif

yes exactly, i was inspired by this stance mainly! :)

thanks, i appreciate your idea, but i think it's hard like hell to edit a new move like that.. anyway in the future maybe i'll try to have a look! thanks for your support too!! ;) ;)

After playing a bit more, two comments and a compliment.

First, the XYZ and ABC are switched at the very start of the readme. It's the punches that have a d+ move in the air, it's the punch throws that can be done in air, etc. It's right in the combo section, it's just the bit at the beginning before most of the special moves that's the issue.

Secondly, I can't get the optional u/f+C to come out in the f+X,X,Z,A,u/f+B,(u/f+C),f+Z combo. There may be other optional input issues, I didn't dig too deep into them, but all the other non-optional combos and all the other optional u/f+C inputs work great.

Thirdly, I was having some issues with the P,P,P special coming out while testing combos... but eventually figured out the timing that would trigger the combo without triggering the special, and it's really neat that you have this coded so that kind of precision exists. Great job.

edit: Fourthly, a glitch! If you perform either Air Tiger Cannon right before you hit the ground, you'll lose the power but then you'll hit the ground and the move won't come out!

thanks again. :)
1- maybe you're right, i've messed up the xyz/abc.. sorry.. :( :(
2- yes, i know, it was at the begining, when i wasn't sure of which combo allow and which not. i forget to add the option to perform u/f+c, i'll try to remember to fix it. ;)
3- it's exactly as you say, even if maybe the timings of p,p,p could be slowed a little bit more, i don't know.
4- again you're right, i was aware of this bug, didn't found time to try to understand and solve it.. any help/idea are really appreciated. :D :D

#85  September 22, 2017, 11:43:42 am
some walking fwd gifs:

old one:

new one:

newest one:

last fixed stance:

do you see them?
#86  September 22, 2017, 01:26:37 pm
Yes I do!
#87  September 22, 2017, 01:59:00 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
why not a different walking forward & backward?
#88  September 22, 2017, 02:48:05 pm
#89  September 22, 2017, 03:10:24 pm
Love the walks especially the newest one...kinda wish on the newest one his palms where showing like the tong po image and swirling around. ..maybe you can use alpha/mvc dhalsim arm circling movement for inspiration

Great work none the less

Ps I don't know if it's too much but a special move like a dashing elbow could be cool with a glow or flame added. ..ya know streetfighter techniques are always exaggerated lol

We need him to be the one true king of muay Tai

Ohh yeah on the stance switch it might help to sell it with transition frame in between that last an extra tick longer
#90  September 22, 2017, 03:40:28 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Then I have a request either.
M206. If you're really gonna make TongPo-like walking animation, then please, don't delete sprites of this walking either. You did too great animation to let it be wasted at all, even by another great animation. OK?
#91  September 22, 2017, 04:24:28 pm
Then I have a request either.
M206. If you're really gonna make TongPo-like walking animation, then please, don't delete sprites of this walking either. You did too great animation to let it be wasted at all, even by another great animation. OK?

don't worry, i've tons of back ups, the old anims/sprites will not be wasted! ;) ;)

Love the walks especially the newest one...kinda wish on the newest one his palms where showing like the tong po image and swirling around. ..maybe you can use alpha/mvc dhalsim arm circling movement for inspiration

Great work none the less

Ps I don't know if it's too much but a special move like a dashing elbow could be cool with a glow or flame added. ..ya know streetfighter techniques are always exaggerated lol

We need him to be the one true king of muay Tai

Ohh yeah on the stance switch it might help to sell it with transition frame in between that last an extra tick longer

i'd be great to have the palms swirling around, but i think it's too difficult.. dhalsim has 7/8 sprites for the stance, sagat only 4.

i'm open to new moves, if you explain better what you mean with dashing elbow we can discuss it! ;) ;)

i want to think that my version can be already considered the true king of muay thai. ;) ;)

#92  September 22, 2017, 05:26:39 pm
you can probably still use the stance you got with the walk just use the elbow forearms and hands of dhalsim's stance...but if not I understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoblcYEEqwM

this vid shows reptile doing a dashing elbow
#93  September 24, 2017, 12:04:11 pm
uhm.. let's see, right now i'm quite happy with the last new one walk fwd.. ;) ;)

about the dashing elbow, at which min/sec of the reptile video are you referring to?

in the meanwhile, i've polished some sprites of the high kick:

:)
#94  September 24, 2017, 12:28:54 pm
0:57
#95  September 24, 2017, 08:02:46 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
One idea I had for the  animation switching. Player 2 distance(s).  As P2 gets closer his guard could switch to being tighter. aka the original stance you made. Then as P2 gets further his guard can widen. It'd be extremely easy to code. I think it'd have a unique effect too. My characters switch because of health, along with a bunch of other characters. I'm not sure if I know of one that switches because of distance. It could end up even working against helpers. Which would make him appear even more alive.

Spoiler: My hitboxes talk (click to see content)

Keep up the awesome work M206!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#96  September 25, 2017, 07:50:49 am
thanks, the p2 distance could be a very good idea, i'm not sure it's so easy to code, if you remeber i've implemented the upper stance too.. i'd need some tips/help to be able to code it.. :( :(

about the hitboxes you're fully right, i'm polishig them too, but it's the part that i like the less to do.. ;) ;)
#97  September 25, 2017, 08:17:40 am
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
He's kicking air and it counts. I feel that this is mugen, so any talk of "compatibility" is ridiculous. The character should be the character, not a square.
Dont get me wrong I do really like the guard stances. Just that he's lifting his leg so you shouldn't be able to hit air. Even from the tip of his knee down this shouldn't connect. CLK pokes shouldn't work as well against him as other characters. They just shouldn't.
This is not about compatibility. This is about consistency. When you change the hitboxes for things like hitstates and guardanims and such, you open up the possibility for combos and hitstrings drop because the hurtboxes move around and things become inconsistent. You'd be compromising gameplay just so things "look nice". There's a reason for these things.
do the thing
#98  September 25, 2017, 11:22:15 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
you open up the possibility for combos and hitstrings drop because the hurtboxes move around and things become inconsistent. 
Without trying to stink up the thread about my personal views on Mugen and how and why it's played,
I fight against Onsokumaru. I fight against Pop-Eye. I fight against Evil Ken. No one expects Onsokumaru to react the way Juggernaut does. No one expects their hitboxes to be the same.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
We create better characters than any company does. Mugen should be better, faster, tighter, and more creative than any game. Dumbing down hitboxes isn't part of that imho.  and to anyone reading this that doesnt have Pop-Eye or Onsokumaru, drop what you're doing and add them to your roster. They're both fantastic.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#99  September 25, 2017, 12:27:22 pm
new step low kick sf4 style test:

uhmmm... :/ :/ :/
#100  September 25, 2017, 12:29:27 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, this one really looks kinda strange. Maybe because of left to viewer leg's shading?