YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1244128 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#3041  May 04, 2017, 04:13:50 am
  • all is love in fair and war
#3042  May 05, 2017, 04:11:11 am
  • Winmugen FTW
    • El Salvador
^^^^ thats pretty cool. I just cant wait for the day someone makes a full life size version hehehe :smitten:  :sweetheart:
#3043  May 05, 2017, 12:09:37 pm
yea, the body is much better than previous generations muscle definition and not so busty
lately there are several costumes sets for fighting game characters
#3044  May 06, 2017, 05:27:44 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69

Some guy was auctioning the japanese version of DKC3 and I bought it, it was far cheaperthan a regular NTSC-U copy cart only (I got it only for 27 bucks, compared vs 45). it plays well with with no problem.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#3045  May 08, 2017, 03:13:20 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
May 6th

Got myself a brand new shelf to hold my DVDs and Blu-rays since my older one couldn't hold my growing collection.  I also got a copy of Scooby-Doo season 1 & 2 box set on DVD.  And by the way, the hand holding the mouse puppet came off of a Darth Maul life-size statue that belonged to my nephew (in the care of his parents), but the statue wasn't kept well being stored inside my late grandpa's old workshed and only the hands and head were salvaged.  That thing would have been an awesome thing to keep, but it was sadly neglected.  It was won in a contest.

A long while ago, I entered the contest as did my late uncle, but his entry was for my nephew, who won it.  If only my late uncle would have known that this item he won for his great nephew wasn't looked after properly by the kid's parents.  My nephew was only about 6 or 7 at the time so it wasn't really his responsibility to take care of it.  I also have the left hand put beside my CD collection.  Enough ranting, though:
Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:29:07 am by The Sudden Rarity
Office Upgrade...
#3046  May 09, 2017, 04:18:11 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
Started with this:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Revamping progress:

Final:

There is more I want to do still. lol

Specs in case anyone wanted to know

CPU: AMD FX-3850 8core
Motherbaord: Gigabyte Gaming X G1
Ram: 32GB of DDR3 Corsair Vengence
GPU: RX480 8GB
Cooling: Corsair Hydro 100i v2 with dual radiators
Case: Corsair Carbide 540 Dual Chamber
Monitors: 3 Asus vx228H, and 1 Asus VG 245 Gaming monitor (I also have an ASUS IPS vx229H also)
5 Riing Fans with a themale take Touch screen controller in the Driver bay area
500GB SSD Samsung Evo
1TB western digital HDD
Avermedia LGX Gamer portable for capturing and streaming
Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:29:46 pm by Negative Edge
#3047  May 12, 2017, 11:05:53 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
May 12th

Got the final two action figures from Funko!'s Five Nights at Freddy's series 2 run.  Only problem is that I cannot put Nightmarionnet together.  It's socket joints are a little too tight, to the point that it may snap the ball joints off even if I force the pieces on.  I guess this series of toys were better made compared to the previous set?  I don't know, but I don't want to break the build-a-figure.  So, it'll remain in pieces DX

Anyway:
#3048  May 12, 2017, 11:18:37 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
YES, FINALLY!

#3049  May 14, 2017, 12:45:21 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Man, typical of Reddit to poison the PS1 library with their stale bullshit :doom:

Spoiler: AH'M BACK (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:10:05 am by Do not even ask
#3050  May 22, 2017, 08:07:36 pm
finally, i bought it.
here it is in it's full glory:

an asus p6t with an I7-950 processor. both the board and the CPU are very rare to find in here because of how old they are.
got them both for 215$, they're used off course but i've tested them both before buying them. i've used every benchmarking and torture stressing software imaginable, to the point that the guy who sold it to me offered me a discount if i give some of them to him lol.
thankfully it performed well and didn't show any signs of a bad cooling or any of the sorts.
later down the line, i might replace the cpu with xeon w3670 or an w3690 but for now i just need to pick up the rest of the components of my first pc build.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:05:50 pm by Gennos
#3051  May 23, 2017, 04:34:46 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Pretty great haul on my game box this month:

Viewtiful Joe 2, baby!  Also, I think they sent me another copy of Tomorrow Never Dies because the last one didn't have the case or manual.
#3052  May 23, 2017, 04:39:32 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Wasn't Tomorrow Never Dies supposed to be crap though

I remember the PS1 version of The World is Not Enough not being all that liked but I got it for cheap so whatever (by comparison, people actually have good to say on the N64 version, mostly)
#3053  May 23, 2017, 04:42:54 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
IDK.  From what I understand it got a bad rap for being the next Bond game after Goldeneye, and no game was ever going to live up to that.
#3054  May 28, 2017, 07:32:44 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
May 27

Got a copy of Lego Dimensions and the Ghostbusters level pack on sale.  Instead of Dimensions being 70$, it was only 42$.  The level pack was only a dollar off, though, being 13.99, instead of 14.99.

I'll probably spoiler some pics of the items out of box later.

And also got this game:

Gonna get a SNES to NES converter cart for my SNES sometime to give this game a try.  Only 2$ from a thrift store.

Also got this awesome looking pirate sword for only 25$.  Gonna get a better looking tassel for it, though.

Spoiler: FNaF Wave 2 Build-a-Figure Nightmarionne Assembled (click to see content)

May 31

Okay, I purchased the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit books on the 26th since the LotR books I originally have are not similar in cover design to one another and I wanted them to look more uniform.  Plus, I wanted them to be of good quality since two of them were the "mass market paperbacks" and the third was a decent condition library throw-away.  So, I stumbled upon these minimalistic cover designs on Amazon and decided to get them.  I also plan to get The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales later on, and maybe Children of Hurin.  Anyway, pics:

Spoiler: Shoddy Packaging Leads to Bad Times (click to see content)

I have been wanting the entire series of the old TMNT cartoon series for a long time now, but when this set originally came out, it was over 100$, I believe.  Now the price has gone down significantly, I just had to get my hands on it.  I purchased it a day after I had bought my books, and I'm extremely happy with it.  I haven't had a chance to watch them yet since it'll take a while to watch the entire thing.  Anyway, obligatory pic:
Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:36:49 am by The Sudden Rarity
#3055  June 01, 2017, 11:11:15 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Just got this game. Tsunamidusher recommended this.

Got it from Amazon. Brand new. Came with the manual and all. I know I'll have a hell of a good time with this.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#3056  June 03, 2017, 04:39:13 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I haven't posted here in a while but I went completey nuts last month and ordered a lot of shit and right now have to struggle to survive until my next paycheck.

The worst part was that everything got held up by customs and had to pay taxes despite the fact that I order my stuff through the slowest shipping method precisely to avoid such thing (and it worked until now) so on top of spending a lot of chinese plastic I also had to pay a LOT to get actually get it in my hands and just went to pick up the last package (of the month) and here's the loot:

#3057  June 10, 2017, 12:07:45 am
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644

Goodwill CD loot!

I also got Sheryl Crow's Tuesday Night Music Club for my mom.
#3058  June 17, 2017, 04:33:18 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
June 6th

Had to get this.  My most favorite Disney film of all time.

June 16th

Something a handful of friends would get together and do each weekend for fun, but never televise.  A show that even public access wouldn't air.  A show that tried to be as popular as Power Rangers.  Armed with a budget of less than a few grand, a camcorder, a handful of actual "teens", and a dream.  Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills was, without a doubt, the worst/greatest Power Rangers clone to ever exist in 1994.  The show did well enough to garner 40 episodes.  Giant battles, monsters of the week, a large chewed gum wad for a mentor and a bug looking interdimensional villain.  It had it all, but was doomed to fail at the start.

It would then disappear into obscurity, only to air much later on bad SatAM hour blocks alongside other horrid kid's shows that nobody remembers.  Thanks to Mill Creek, we can now relive what should have never seen the light of day, but did anyway:
Spoiler: Are you ready for this? (click to see content)
Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:26:55 am by The Sudden Rarity
#3059  June 23, 2017, 05:49:47 pm
my action figure male muscle body came today
#3060  June 29, 2017, 10:31:19 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I got this a few weeks ago when my old laptop sadly gave up. Excuse the awful mobile camera quality and poor lighting (it's a cloudy day so I had to use an alternative light source).
It's fast.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.