YesNoOk

Aura Effect Bug (Read 4102 times)

Started by Fixer, March 22, 2021, 07:32:09 pm
Share this topic:
Aura Effect Bug
#1  March 22, 2021, 07:32:09 pm
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
I am trying to add an aura to a character by using explod, i add the sprites, the animations and the code but everytime i move the character it gets other effect upon the already existing effect and so on till its very bright and buggy, here an image:

https://imgur.com/MgjsVWi

My code is under state 0, here it is:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I want a permanent aura, its the same one that the DBZ characters use to power charge but i want it permanent on the character instead.
Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 02:07:24 am by Fixer
Re: Aura Effect Bug
#2  March 22, 2021, 08:11:43 pm
You don't put it on state 0 because any time you'll return to the stand animation it will spawn another aura effect.
You should put it under statedef -2.

Of course the triggers and the remove explods should be set accordingly for, let's say, when you fall down (you would want to not have an aura when he's lying down).
#3  March 23, 2021, 03:52:29 am
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
Thanks, can you show me an example of remove explod that would work? I am a very beginner in Mugen coding.
#4  March 25, 2021, 06:04:07 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So when you spawn the explod, and you only want ONE to happen, you can make mugen make sure there is ZERO of it before it spawns.
You use a triggerall. This way, if there is 1, mugen doesn't waste any more time reading anything, it will just skip it.

TriggerAll = numExplod(555) = 0
would be what you want to use.
The explod you want has the ID of 555, so that gets put in the brackets. The = 0 stops it from working if there's more than zero.
[State 0, Explod];Aura Starts
type = Explod
TriggerAll = numExplod(555) = 0
trigger1 = !time
anim = 555
ID = 555

^^^Keep the additional info you have. Just add the triggerall like you see.
You may want to add additional triggers. Unless the character starts with that explod.

If you have questions about certain things in code someone mentions, you can use
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-mugen-docs-master-thread-168949.0.html
this to find out the basics on everything. Still feel free to ask, but this will help you much faster than waiting.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  March 29, 2021, 02:07:13 am
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
It worked, i understand how it works now, thank you very much my friend.