KOFXIII (Read 589993 times)

Started by PotS, February 18, 2010, 05:29:34 pm
Share this topic:

SNT

Re: KOFXIII
#1201  April 30, 2010, 04:42:43 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
You know you're being ironic since SFIV's characters aren't any better on the physique department.
Street Fighter is a franchise that includes a yogi from India who can stretch his limbs, a mutated monkeyboy who can conduct electricity and a man with bright red skin who fights by dousing himself in cooking oil.  It's known for exaggeration in its character designs; hell, resident SF ninja schoolgirl now has a bigger bust than Mai Shiranui.  By constrast, KOF seemed to strive for more realistically proportioned characters, up until XII.  Whatever character redesigns SFers got between games were a damn sight more consistent than the changes between earlier KOFs and XII.
#1202  April 30, 2010, 05:10:15 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
This discussion is becoming boring.

K' looks badass!
#1203  April 30, 2010, 05:14:52 pm
K's calves are bigger than his thigh. His entire thigh!

Other than that I love how he turned out.
#1204  April 30, 2010, 05:20:32 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
#1205  April 30, 2010, 05:29:49 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Chang and Choi.
#1206  April 30, 2010, 06:25:30 pm
  • I'm Happy
K' Looks amazing. The added sunglasses makes him even more cool now. I think they made it like because SNKP must of known all of these KOFXII edits and wanted to mix it up a little bit. Great Idea

Now let the Kula Vs. Whip War begin. Because one of them got to be in the game. Make it Whip

And BTW

Say good bye to original Characters beside Boss characters or such.

PSN: Cashman1242
Gamertag: Cashman124
Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:33:13 pm by Cashman
#1207  April 30, 2010, 06:35:50 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
its gonna be kula, shes far more popular

im fine with either of them thog
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#1208  April 30, 2010, 06:38:11 pm
  • I'm Happy
Kula being a Edit would be nice. But I still want Shingo or Malin in there >:(

#1209  April 30, 2010, 06:38:30 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
You never know, Maxima might be the one to get cut. 
#1210  April 30, 2010, 06:38:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
New last two characters are a kyo  headswap for Shingo and a K headswap representing Nameless.

Also, dude posting pic of Kula vomiting herself.
Stop that.
#1211  April 30, 2010, 06:40:37 pm
  • I'm Happy
It's Been said before.
Maxima is always On K Dash's Dick. Can't replace him..........

Or maybe SNKP is tricking us

#1212  April 30, 2010, 06:54:19 pm
This is a fighting game afterall, characters are expected to look the part of a fighter with a proper physique fit for fighting.

This is a fighting physique. 

This is what KOF12 gave us.

They already had proper physiques fit for fighting.  Now it looks like they can't clap their hands together any more.  Hell, I'd be surprised if any of them can see their dicks any more over their roid-charged pecs.

Actually neither of those are a fighting physique:

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Ralf and Clark getting so huge(they were fine before, and if they wanted huge guy chars like that, they could have made up new characters imo), but every guy looking like Shen Woo isn't much better.  So long as they don't make Maxima look retarded I think he'd be fine. 

Funny K's body is practically Bruce Lee's.  He looks sorta like a dark skinned Bruce Lee wearing leather with white hair and shades.  Wish he fought a bit more like Lee though...
#1213  April 30, 2010, 06:57:43 pm
    • USA
K' does have the one inch and flying kick from Bruce Lee.

Also I think I know what Iori's neomax is.  Although I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with the idea.  Notice how he doesn't have it in the last build of the game?  And how 98 Iori was on the last game's disc?  Perhaps that will be it, getting his flames back?  Similar to Chris's Orochi mode super maybe....it would explain why he didn't have it yet, since it would require programming an entirely new moveset.
#1214  April 30, 2010, 07:04:37 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm a bit late to this party, but I'm glad they have finally made K' look as good as all of his artworks.

It's like, you see posters, official art, etc and you think "wow, this guy is cool", and then you finally got to play him and it was like a physically deformed pile of bones inside a leather motorcycle suit.

But now, not only does it look good, but pretty much THE BEST in the entire game so far.
#1215  April 30, 2010, 07:07:43 pm
  • SNK is life
Also, this event has made me re-gain my faith that in a couple more iterations, KOF will gain the BEST 2D SPRITAGE CONTENT IN A FIGHTING GAME EVER, over SF3 ... sad that it could only happen 10+ years after SF3, but let's face it, SNK has been struggling with budgets since forever, while Capcom pretty much pumps hit after hit in EVERY game genre.

Still, these are exciting times for KOF IMO. Sooo looking forward to more stuff like this in the future.
#1216  April 30, 2010, 07:09:02 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
chosis vs the world
I refuse to believe I'm the only person in the world who doesn't want Maxima.

I don't want him. I understand why other people do, and I accept that as far as the story goes, he should be there since K' and Maxima are always on a team together, but I will admit that I don't want Maxima in the game. I would rather have Oswald (though he wouldn't make sense on K's team) or Vanessa. Hell, why not K', Kula, and Vanessa? Sounds good to me.

But like I said, I've already accepted Maxima's inclusion as an inevitability. A price I have to pay for K's inclusion. Also, plenty of people love the guy, so who am I to try and keep him from them just because I don't like him? Anyway, just thought I'd at least let you know that you're not the only one who doesn't want to see Maxima in the game.

Download Last Bout now!
#1217  April 30, 2010, 07:10:20 pm
    • USA
I thought everyone hated Maxima.  Personally I like him, he is a nice contrast to the more traditional playstyles of K''s other teammates.
#1218  April 30, 2010, 07:14:45 pm
K' does have the one inch and flying kick from Bruce Lee.

Also I think I know what Iori's neomax is.  Although I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with the idea.  Notice how he doesn't have it in the last build of the game?  And how 98 Iori was on the last game's disc?  Perhaps that will be it, getting his flames back?  Similar to Chris's Orochi mode super maybe....it would explain why he didn't have it yet, since it would require programming an entirely new moveset.

what are you talking about? his flames were stolen by ash that's why he doesn't have any.

about ralf why so huge? it's okay for clark but ralf? ralf's body should be on par with terry's

i want my kula now .... so i could do this
Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:23:28 pm by 地獄の花
#1219  April 30, 2010, 07:24:34 pm
  • SNK is life
He's saying that in the unused files there was a list that stated that there was a Iori 98 version, which will more likely have flames ... but story wise doesn't fit in this game, so maybe that's why they haven't added it.

Also, if they've been keeping K' under wraps for over a year and a half (remember the leaked Mai/K' artwork for 12 last year?) I think if they already have something about Iori they could keep it for 14 after this saga is FINALLY over.
#1220  April 30, 2010, 07:28:05 pm
mah i think ash will be the hero and killing himself in the process damn gay guy likes to hog all the glory.