YesNoOk

On the TempesT situation (Read 39643 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, July 09, 2020, 05:09:29 am
Share this topic:
On the TempesT situation
#1  July 09, 2020, 05:09:29 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
In the past few days, certain allegation have been made about a member of our community, TempesT. Before we can explain the situation in full we must address two misconceptions that some users seem to have:

- We do NOT take allegations of pedophilia lightly. The community naturally attracts younger users and we would not turn a blind eye to any allegation of grooming or other inappropriate behavior towards minors. Even if TempesT was an active member of the staff  we'd still investigate any claim that she's abusing minors. We'd never withhold information that one of our members is indulging in child abuse and would collaborate with any and all law enforcement agencies if we had knowledge anything unlawful was going on our community.

- TempesT is NOT a member of the staff. TempesT hasn't been a moderator on this forum for about a decade and wields no more power than any other regular user.

With that out of the way, this is the story.

Last week another member of this community, Crazy Koopa, made a public post detailing his romantic relationship with TempesT and stating she was deceitful and emotionally abusive. Other active and former members of the community have shared similar experiences while e-dating TempesT. This is her side of the story.

What immediately put us on frenzy was CK's allegation that TempesT was flirting with an underaged boy. We contacted him and others that were involved with Tempest and/or were present on the Discord server where these events transpired, and found a username for this child. Luckily we were able to find the boy and he agreed to talk to us.

We also had similar concerns brought up by an unrelated third party about a younger member of this very forum who also denied any impropriety or grooming. We will not be revealing the names of these two individuals here because we do not believe they deserve any harassment whatsoever and strongly suggest that anyone with that knowledge do the same.

Once we verified that the actual legal accusations were not accurate, we then began to discuss whether the other issue was worth a ban.

The consensus we reached was "no".

Ultimately, there was no monetary or material favor being exchanged save for those typical in a relationship, and the actions were those of legal adults. We do not believe it is our business to tell you what decisions to make in your personal lives, nor can we protect you from making bad ones. Being promiscuous or being a bad girlfriend are not bannable offenses.

We cannot protect you from yourselves.

As an example most of you may be aware of, lately we have had members that threaten all sort of self-harm in the public threads of this forum and we can only deal with that by suggesting that they take some time to get the help they need. We cannot protect them either, save in cases where they are clearly too immature to be involved in this forum at all.

Some of you will not agree with this stance, as you're personally invested either directly or as a friend to those, and it is your right to do so. We did not come to this decision lightly. This investigation has also been stressful to us and one mod has already stepped down due to being caught between all sides of it, but he was also crucial in verifying the accusations and we thank him for going above and beyond in the interest of making sure the minors who cannot protect themselves were okay. We had another longstanding staff member resign due in no small part because of the anguish this situation caused him.
Re: On the TempesT situation
#2  July 09, 2020, 07:25:16 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Feel free to air your grievances in this thread. We know there is no shortage of them.
#3  July 09, 2020, 08:40:26 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Well, apart of the pedo accusations (she's totally into the MAP shit, if you ask me), I'm a bit shocked about she dated with CrazyKoopa and Fclass, I've no idea of that, especially since she was retired of MUGEN community since many years...

All of this is just... whoa... I feel sorry about those guys, I know what it feels being used

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#4  July 09, 2020, 09:07:42 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I don't know about used or anything but I feel like I should at least speak on my own experiences a little bit. This is probably at least 10-15 years ago now, but I had an off again on again thing with tempest for about 2-3 years maybe. I'll say I never felt used or taken advantage of, I knew what was going on and understood (somewhat) I was a lot younger and dealt with my own insecurities the wrong way. I never felt like she was taking advantage of me or even emotionally abusive, she actually helped me through a really rough time when my mother had passed.

yes she can be flirty and that's just her nature, breaking up with her and then still being around her when she's flirty is basically on you, I had to deal with that myself a numerous amount of times and really only talked to about 2-3 people about us. Dating online is always gonna cause heartache and some kind of frustration it's best to keep it friendly and not get too emotionally attached to these type of relationships unless your willing to take this huge risk of being hurt or feeling used.

Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:15:10 am by Neocide
#5  July 09, 2020, 12:23:26 pm
the real abuse is the abuse to my eyes from the text wall that crazy coopa guy put out on his twitter.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#6  July 09, 2020, 04:28:26 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
The entire thing as a whole (and other things over the years, I'm not looking to discuss it) pretty much pushed my burnout to a point that I couldn't reconcile it.

That and my views on the matter were wildly different. I'm not looking to discuss it further either.
#7  July 09, 2020, 04:45:27 pm
  • SNK is life
MFG has lasted long enough for it to have its own sex scandal  :pimp:
#8  July 09, 2020, 05:49:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Mfg itself just turned 18 so that’s not surprising
#9  July 09, 2020, 06:36:49 pm
#mugentoo
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#10  July 09, 2020, 06:37:32 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11  July 09, 2020, 07:33:03 pm
    • Canada
That's a lot to unpack there.

My condolences to whoever had to have the super awkward conversation with an eleven year old. Especially since it turned out to be nothing.

kind of a messed up thing to accuse someone of though. Even if its not true that can follow someone forever.

#12  July 09, 2020, 09:11:04 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
I don't see why this forum's admins are allowing someone who was literally abusive to at least three people in the MUGEN community to continue roaming the forums/discord but to each their own I guess.
#13  July 09, 2020, 09:46:30 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Reading everything said this all goes beyond "promiscuous" or "bad girlfriend" but no point in arguing since you've made your decision.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#14  July 09, 2020, 10:00:42 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I read the whole thing right now and also saw Fclass and JZ tweets... I'm shocked.
Never thought that this kind of mess was happend in MUGEN community. :/
#15  July 10, 2020, 12:18:54 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The whole story is based on hearsay and he said/she said with no factual evidence. And some of the alleged victims even said they were not victims.

And whatever happened, if it is true, it happened outside of the Guild. MFG staff can't police or babysit what or how other users behave outside of MFG.

If there are actual facts or evidences of such grooming or abuse, then this has to be communicated to the proper authorities (law enforcers, parents, legal tutors or counselors). A mugen forum is not the place to do that.

Now, the staff has clearly informed with transparency what happened and what is their position on the matter. By giving it visibility, anyone who may have been a victim of abuse or feels they might have been, is now informed and could act on consequence by providing evidence of this abuse on the corresponding channels (police or a responsible adult)

Complaining to the MFG staff about their stance is like blaming your pet dog for the misbehavings of 2 consenting adults on an external social network
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#16  July 10, 2020, 01:35:05 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Indeed this situation is about the people involving on it not about the community. But from what i saw on Twitter many that still part of the community are just like me, shocked. I just want and hope everything can be investigated by the competent authorities, clarified and most importantly, proven.
#17  July 10, 2020, 02:25:44 am
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
I don't see why this forum's admins are allowing someone who was literally abusive to at least three people in the MUGEN community to continue roaming the forums/discord but to each their own I guess.
You are resorting to Twitter mob behavior.

I agree with XG stance on this, as well.

I read all the links posted and the related twitter thread. 

They read like "MUH FEELINGS" nothingburgers.

I get it, you were e-cucked, but you lose all deference to the mental health things once you resort to cancel culture shenanigans, which included a false pedo accusation attempt.

So, hurt feelings seems to be the basis of this and would agree with the Staff's decision.

#18  July 10, 2020, 02:37:28 am
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
I just want to clear all this up since there's a lot of "both sides" going on.

Lisa's post is not "her side of the story", what I posted is what happened to me 3 years ago and her post is my interactions with her in the past year. I admit I got carried away, but she did not ever tell me to stop or "set boundaries" as she wants to make it seem. I asked her several times if what I was doing bothered her, and she said no every time. To make matters worse she literally texted me trying to blackmail me with her post into "calling off my dogs" (I never intended or asked my story to be brought up with the MFG staff) and for me to forgive her publicly. (Which, by the way, is the exact definition of blackmail.) If you want to fault me for what I did then I can't stop you, but don't let what you think of me stop you from recognizing the patterns here.

I told the staff several times that I had a handful of people, some of which used to be a part of the MUGEN community, that could vouch for my story about the 11 year old. They were not interested in hearing it. I hope most of you realize that an 11 year old child is impressionable and may not even realize what was/is being done to them. The fact that you simply shoved this under the rug after one question and said it was "proven false" is concerning to say the least.

Furthermore, this is not simply a story about me and Fclass. I have written testimonies from two other people about their histories with her, and I know there are more that were involved that she attempted to rope along but lost interest in. I want to make one thing clear, this is absolutely a pattern with her. This goes far beyond just sex and promiscuity. She targets vulnerable people, lures them in with "sex" (She's catfished every single person mentioned. I can provide proof if needed.) and tells them that she loves them, wants to be with them, etc when really none of that is true. You cannot argue that this is between "consenting individuals" when one of those individuals is lying about everything from their intentions to their identity. This is what she has done for longer than I have known her and I cannot in good faith imagine she has any intentions of stopping, because this was literally ongoing until I posted my story and people realized what was going on.

That's really about all I have to say, but I have to ask, is someone that uses your community to prey on and emotionally manipulate vulnerable people someone you really want in it?
#19  July 10, 2020, 02:51:01 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I didn't tell you to stop out of guilt, the context of everything is in my post, I'm sorry that you and your people are too hard-headed to read and understand it. Point out where I blackmailed you in any of the chatlogs (you asked what I wanted you to do, and I asked you to call off your dogs aka post our reconciliation publicly which you refused to do)

If you want to continue with this libel about the minor, I will pursue legal action against you because I'm not having some emotional twitlonger affect my reputation in any way other than I already admitted to. I also have a handful of people that can provide their accounts on what happened that day as well, and we can also mention the fact that one of those friends of yours that was in the discord that day is an actual convicted pedophile and was sitting in our discord under our noses.

I've already admitted my guilt and have support systems in place to make sure that what I did to people never happens again and have been contacting people that I have hurt and have amicably resolved the situation with them, save for a couple that have me blocked and have already made up their mind about me, which I was already fully prepared for. You used my guilt to feed into your sexual needs and when I didn't want to do it anymore, this is what happened. Use the friends that have gathered for you to get some real, sustainable mental help instead of coming after someone who already admitted their mistakes.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 02:54:39 am by TempesT
#20  July 10, 2020, 02:55:14 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
You're gross, a creep and you used my guilt to feed into your sexual needs and when I didn't want to do it anymore, this is what happened.

and yet you're the one with multiple people coming out over the shit you did. Not him, not the other people posting stories, what you did.

Cut the fuckin' bullshit.