KoF XV (Read 832882 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1141  May 27, 2021, 04:53:01 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I wouldn't mind seeing '97 Special team come back. Mary / Yamazaki /Billy.
#1142  May 27, 2021, 04:57:07 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Huh... another classic character.

I guess SNK's not willing to bring back a lot of the XIV newcomers like Team South America and Another World Team.
#1143  May 27, 2021, 08:38:31 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
She looks ok, gameplay wise.

But again, I have this feeling they got lazy, bringing again this stan smith/sporty variation of her classic costume.

For Mary, my expectations were to bring her Real Bout 2 costume with jacket, boots etc.
Sure they shattered it, in a bad way.

Also, I feel like she looks freaking fragile... she will look like a kid compared to Mai, Leona and Shermie... -_-
(Just my point of view)

OK, next, I hope for more...
At least this freaking "weakling" silhouette was not Angel. ^^;
#1144  May 27, 2021, 08:59:59 am
    • USA
I've seen quite a few Angel comments around and I can't tell if they're serious or if it's a joke on her boob size lol

Blue Mary's super looks super weak so I don't really like that. But I welcome her back into the canon anyhow.

Now can they stop with this one-character-every-week shit? It's so tedious.
#1145  May 27, 2021, 09:58:13 am
97 special team, agent team from xi might be back or maybe a new mary team  :mlol:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#1146  May 27, 2021, 10:03:37 am
Blue Mary at last. Last time I saw her, she was the last DLC character to be confirmed in the last KOF game.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#1147  May 27, 2021, 10:23:51 am
    • Netherlands
Small thing I noticed is that they (at least up untill now) don't seem to have any nationality and/or country-themed teams yet (like Team Mexico, Team Japan, Team China or South America Team). I wonder if that is something they are going to drop out of the title entirely.
Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 01:34:02 pm by StevenB
#1148  May 27, 2021, 01:00:48 pm
Love the fact Mary is making it in from the get go. Love the face, the rack is dumb and the VA aint good too.
But she looks a lot like XIV which I am fine with.

Tha VA just does not have that sass the original VA had and her lines sound flat to me.

lui

#1149  May 27, 2021, 03:30:33 pm
    • USA
her old VA likely cant do the really high pitched voice she did for Mary anymore.

shes still good as King but you can really tell that she has to reach for that voice nowadays, she doesnt sound like she used to.
#1150  May 27, 2021, 03:42:37 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
97 team will never happen ever again, that was basically done over a popularity poll and they used the flimsiest excuse to have those three together (basically Mary joining them to investigate them under orders from some "mysterious contractor").
#1151  May 27, 2021, 04:15:33 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Huh... another classic character.

I guess SNK's not willing to bring back a lot of the XIV newcomers like Team South America and Another World Team.
They couldn't bring back the Another World team even if they wanted to, I don't think.

South America will probably be back though.
#1152  May 27, 2021, 11:01:41 pm
her old VA likely cant do the really high pitched voice she did for Mary anymore.

shes still good as King but you can really tell that she has to reach for that voice nowadays, she doesnt sound like she used to.

If the internet is correct she is 51 currently, you got me there though, I though even in XIV it was a different VA but it turnes out its the classic one.
Well, if that is the case, we cant do anything about it but be happy that she is still at least voicing king.
She even sang Blue mary's  blues back in the day, however I kinda think its more of a director thing than an issue with her voice.
#1153  May 27, 2021, 11:08:58 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Probably is a director thing since Harumi Ikoma still doing great as King throughout the whole KOF series.

About Blue Mary, all skills and stuff are from KOF XIV, no big surprise. Just her model that looks indeed better now.
Still no Women Fighters Team tho. At first, i thought the '97 Special Team will return because they put their theme on KOF 2002 UM in Mary's trailer but probably will be a new Agent Team.
#1154  May 27, 2021, 11:22:11 pm
I agree also her name is right on the fucking title card when when the XV trailer starts, dunno how I missed it.
Ned also has a point, I really hope they have an extensive alternate costume system like SFV and bring this look back.
#1155  May 28, 2021, 04:24:12 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#1156  May 28, 2021, 07:45:28 am
    • Netherlands
Crackpot theory but what if she joins forces with like Rock Howard and Alice as a sort of a substitute Terry-mentor role.
#1157  May 28, 2021, 07:49:17 am
    • USA
Additional crackpot theory.

Alba / Fio / Rock. Team Maximum Impact.

Does it make sense? In a reaching way, yes. Do I expect it? No.
#1158  May 28, 2021, 08:18:58 am
    • Mexico
Crackpot theory but what if she joins forces with like Rock Howard and Alice as a sort of a substitute Terry-mentor role.

She's waiting for Kula, so that she and Mai can join her to make the Anti-Terry Team like it says on that Twitter meme.
#1159  May 28, 2021, 11:15:52 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Additional crackpot theory.

Alba / Fio / Rock. Team Maximum Impact.

Does it make sense? In a reaching way, yes. Do I expect it? No.

A more accurate MI team would be Alba, Lien and Luise, IMHO, since Fio comes from MS, and Rock from Garou.

I agree also her name is right on the fucking title card when when the XV trailer starts, dunno how I missed it.
Ned also has a point, I really hope they have an extensive alternate costume system like SFV and bring this look back.

Totally this.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#1160  May 28, 2021, 03:28:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
THe artwork actually looked good.
Just like the previous ones usually looked better than the actual ingame character...

and yes, her RB style <3