YesNoOk

Guilty Gear Strive: Steam/Play4/5/and Rollback-Netcode (Read 1326949 times)

Started by yaret, August 05, 2019, 04:39:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: Guilty Gear Strive: Steam/Play4/5/and Rollback-Netcode
#161  August 10, 2022, 03:20:16 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
literally starting up drama over a characters gender. Yes how it was handled with their story could have been better I agree with that, but who fucking cares what gender they are. It's a fighting game at the end of the day. If they are a good character, and plays well, and people are happy with the character being in the damn game, than that's all that should matter. People getting so bent up over nothing

You should tell that to the rest of social media and this goes beyond "just a video game character". It shows how much you are as a person if you refuse to acknowledge someone's gender identity regardless if they're fictional or not. It's called basic human decency.

Would you say the same thing if someone didn't like a video game character because of the color of their skin or belong to a certain ethnic group?
#162  August 10, 2022, 04:39:28 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Can I point out this "Bridget chooses to be a girl" only happens if you lose at the final boss fight atleast once meanwhile nothing about it ever happens if you beat the boss without losing(Only Bridget wanting to be true to themselves which can mean anything)?

And again, people are seriously reaching for transphobia way too fast for fictional characters and wonder why they aren't getting the standing they should. I literally got labeled transphobic for not saying Testament is a they when even in character, Testament doesn't give a damn about his gender and what people call him because Testament's a Gear.
And it's honestly becoming a bit ridiculous on all levels to have people show up and start throwing it around and thinking they are getting brownie points for it, especially over someone giving out the wrong context and taking it to be true.
Besides, do people really want to go this route after Bridget's backstory? And how the "Non-Flawless" ending has Bridget go about it? Because that has some really bad implications if you really think that it's okay for him to even want to be a girl after basically being forced into it at birth otherwise he would be killed or exiled as a child due to superstition.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#163  August 10, 2022, 04:52:06 am
    • Brazil
Yeah, you're transphobic as well. Like Miss Pink Maid said above you, referring even to a character by their chosen gender is basic human decency, so yes, your misgendering of both Bridget and Testament makes you transphobic, because you didn't make a mistake, you're literally choosing to ignore the characters' gender identity.
#164  August 10, 2022, 05:00:48 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Can I point out this "Bridget chooses to be a girl" only happens if you lose at the final boss fight atleast once meanwhile nothing about it ever happens if you beat the boss without losing(Only Bridget wanting to be true to themselves which can mean anything)?

All you need to do is clear Bridget's Arcade on hard mode to get the ending where she comes out as a woman. Even if there's an implication of her only being a trans woman on hard mode while still identifying as a male in any other setting, you can't deny that her in game bio lists her with feminine pronouns.

Because that has some really bad implications if you really think that it's okay for him to even want to be a girl after basically being forced into it at birth otherwise he would be killed or exiled as a child due to superstition.

Yeah cause it's totally not a thing for Bridget of all people to change her mind regarding how she was raised and identifies as. While you're saying it's easy to pull the trigger on people calling each other transphobes, you're essentially doing the same thing with how Bridget changes her mindset regarding her upbringing having "bad implications".

#165  August 10, 2022, 05:35:37 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Bridget is a trans woman. Even was confirmed by her VO on Twtr. You know, the person who not only voices the character, but also has to know the character they're voicing?
Link to her tweet, in case people weren't convinced:
https://twitter.com/KellyOhanianVO/status/1557079323076546560

And it's not just in the bad ending. It's in the perfect ending, and as people have put it, hard mode ending (which is often the canon ending anyway).
#166  August 10, 2022, 07:10:33 am
See this is why i said i have a problem with people talking about it and being obnoxious. Im already labeled as transphobic. And no its not transphobia if you misgender someone.because there are languages like ours that has no gendered terms.

Im from a region that has the most trans woman in the world. We Already done this shit almost 20 years ago. If you're born male and identify as female you can only be recognize legally as a female post transition. That way false claims and abuse won't happen.

I think japan adopted it as well a few years back.

But were getting out of topic its better to have a separate thread for this.
I called out what you did because what you did IS transphobic. There is no debate on that, YES, it is transphobic to misgender a trans person, and you can't hide behind languages because I just checked your comment history and you seemed to have no issue differentiating male and female pronouns until this specific situation, so your excuse about having no gendered terms in your language really doesn't work. Also, being recognized legally as the gender you identify as has NOTHING to do with whether or not you'll respect that person's identity, the person doesn't need to be "legally trans" to be respected. Also, you literally have no excuse to label any of this situation as political, because calling queer people "political" is the kind of thing bigoted people do.

Like i said i dont care about western identity politics. You can be whatever you want to ve i wont stop you but you cant force anything on me either. Thats how it works.

bridget only identify as a woman in the bad end of the story. So its weird we are arguing about it when the creators themselves aren really telling us whats the canon route or not.
Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:44:51 am by 地獄の花
#167  August 10, 2022, 07:20:55 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen

It still doesn't matter. It's canon nonetheless. I don't feel like it's a retcon either, Bridget just found a new identity for herself to relate with. She was practically raised as a girl so she now identifies as a girl, it's as simple as that.

Yeah, you're transphobic as well. Like Miss Pink Maid said above you, referring even to a character by their chosen gender is basic human decency, so yes, your misgendering of both Bridget and Testament makes you transphobic, because you didn't make a mistake, you're literally choosing to ignore the characters' gender identity.

Though I agree with disagreeing with some people here, please refrain yourself from using "-phobic" to anything you disagree with. They're not *hating* on Bridget or Testament for being trans. They just don't get why they're labeled as one.

Know the difference.
#168  August 10, 2022, 07:48:50 am
Thats the problem with western politics nowadays. You cant really have a discussion both sides will call you and label you negatively. I really have no respect on western politics.

We had the same problems 20 years ago. Men wanting to identify as females and vice versa. The law requires them to under go transition first before they could claim anything. Simple as that its like their gun laws and health care they need to argue about it for decades.
#169  August 10, 2022, 07:54:27 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Thats the problem with western politics nowadays. You cant really have a discussion both sides will call you and label you negatively. I really have no respect on western politics.

We had the same problems 20 years ago. Men wanting to identify as females and vice versa. The law requires them to under go transition first before they could claim anything. Simple as that its like their gun laws and health care they need to argue about it for decades.

You need to stop pinning it on "westerners". This is a problem that's happening on a global scale. Countries like the US didn't suddenly start politicizing gender identity as it's been happening for a long time and it happens in other parts of the world. I'm obviously no expert as to how other countries operate, but I'm pretty confident that the West you're so eager to blame is a lot more supportive to LGBTQ+ rights than the rest of the world.

I'm not trans nor do I know what they go through on a daily basis, but at the very least I like to think I'm making their life a little bit easier by respecting their identity and choice.
#170  August 10, 2022, 07:58:03 am
    • Brazil
Though I agree with disagreeing with some people here, please refrain yourself from using "-phobic" to anything you disagree with. They're not *hating* on Bridget or Testament for being trans. They just don't get why they're labeled as one.

Know the difference.
I know the difference. Xhominid is deliberately misgendering both characters. Transphobia isn't just hate, it's disrespect as well, and misgendering trans people is disrespectful, the hate is irrelevant, whether Xhominid gets it or not is also irrelevant. I've called them out for this before, it IS transphobia.

Queer people are not "politics", they're exercising their right to be respected as who they are, and you are going out of your way to be disrespectful. Also, spare me your blaming on the West, the East is also full of bigotry that people like you turn a blind eye to and pretend that problems that aren't yours are solved.
#171  August 10, 2022, 08:56:48 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I know the difference. Xhominid is deliberately misgendering both characters. Transphobia isn't just hate, it's disrespect as well, and misgendering trans people is disrespectful

Yes, I completely agree and am against mislabeling the trans community against their wishes, but that still doesn't classify as "transphobic".

If I, for the sake of fucking argument, identified as a 10 year old kid, do you have to comply? Are you to let me fall asleep next underage children and allow me around them?
Let's say, I mean absolutely no harm. No devious goals or malicious intent. Let's just say I'm literally a little kid in a grown man's body. Will you still allow it?

You probably wouldn't and I'd be offended. I probably would said you've disrespected me, but you'll have your reasons and I'll have mine.

The point is, just because somebody feels uncomfortable about a certain topic (regardless how the other person feels) they have the right to express their opinions without being called "smth-phobic". Just like how you would think a grown man sleeping next to minors is off putting (adultphobic?), others can view the same way towards trans people being next to their biologically opposite sex. Doesn't mean they're transphobic.

Disrespectful? yes. But, definitely not transphobic.

I just want people to stop overdramatizing and finding the harshest word they could find to criticize other people. Just call them disrespectful. Transphobic is WAY worse than being disrespectful, but you seem to combine the two into one, trivializing it in a way.
Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 09:00:35 am by Kolossoni
#172  August 10, 2022, 09:06:12 am
    • Brazil
Are you really comparing gender identity to "identifying as a minor" to sleep with minors? Because those things are really not alike in the slightest and that comparison is disgusting. What Xhominid did IS transphobia, if they're "uncomfortable with the topic" of gender identity, that's too bad, doesn't give them the right to misgender.
#173  August 10, 2022, 09:12:24 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Are you really comparing gender identity to "identifying as a minor" to sleep with minors? Because those things are really not alike in the slightest and that comparison is disgusting.

Well, here we go.
Even if the person says that they are completely innocent and have NO MALICIOUS INTENT, you still call them disgusting.

What I'm trying to iterate is how you feel towards adults who think they are children applies to those who view males/females claiming they are the opposite sex.
They call it disgusting too.

These people are usually very religious and/or conservative being taught to believe that only man & woman are the genders of this world. I disagree and think it's disrespectful, but jumping on to conclusions and calling them "transphobic" "homophobic" and "hateful" is wrong.

Unless they do anything majorly serious like lynching, forming hate mobs, I'd refrain myself from calling someone a "transphobe" as much as possible.
Like I said before, just call them disrespectful.
#174  August 10, 2022, 09:19:23 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
If I, for the sake of fucking argument, identified as a 10 year old kid, do you have to comply? Are you to let me fall asleep next underage children and allow me around them?
Gonna stop you right here. This is a complete hypothetical with no real bearing on the real world. Like sure, someone out there in the world has probably done this, but it's not something recognized as legitimate by any society, by medical science, by any government, or anything. To fully dissect and explain the vast gulf in differences between these two situations is simply beyond the bounds of this not only topic, but this entire forum, frankly.

Suffice it to say, this hypothetical is simply not at all comparable to trans people, not even remotely.

This topic is rapidly devolving into some weird areas and I don't think any of this is or will shape up to be very productive. And of course, it's all pretty much entirely off-topic. So, it's time to nip all of this in the bud:

• It seems pretty clear that the developers intend Bridget to be trans. This topic shouldn't be debated any further.
  • Repeatedly and intentionally misgendering someone is, in fact, transphobic. You, of course, are free to do and say whatever you want in your private life, but don't be surprised if you suffer consequences for that speech. Like that speech being accurately described as transphobic. Or penalized in some way by the mod staff, if done in this forum.
  • Doing or saying something that is transphobic is not a stain that forever scars the soul. It is simply an accurate descriptor of certain behavior. A person that does something like that can either recognize that their behavior harmed people, and choose to avoid repeating that action—or they might choose to ignore that and carry on as they are. It is therefore not helpful to treat the accusation of transphobia as a nuclear strike that is meant to forever silence someone or ruin their reputation.

I am hopeful that no further moderator action will be necessary.
#175  August 10, 2022, 09:24:54 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
That example was an extreme case to counter an (IMO) extreme claim.

As long as people can agree to disagree on topics without having to resort to name calling then I'm all good.
Not everybody was raised up in the same way. Some have different opinion from others. If Bridget being a female is too much of a hard pill to swallow for some, that's on them. But I think they need to accept what the devs wanted her to become since I think it's nice to give the character some development.

Some people think it's pandering towards the PC crowd. I for one do not think so.
#176  August 10, 2022, 09:25:12 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Unless they do anything majorly serious like lynching, forming hate mobs, I'd refrain myself from calling someone a "transphobe" as much as possible.
Like I said before, just call them disrespectful.
Imma be real, it's certainly phobic behavior to constantly misgender despite being provided with evidence to not do so, especially since this is like, what, the second time he does this? But I'd classify it as misguided rather than with ill intent until he makes it painfully obvious his mind isn't gonna change.

Gonna play the devil's advocate here and say Xhominid does have a fair point about the discourse and getting slapped with such a catch-all death sentence of a label like "transphobe" that's legit being thrown around way too often to instantly shut down any and all conversation.

On the other hand, the official glossary entry for Bridget now rocks she/her pronouns, her clothes have "growth" written on her sleeves to symbolize her adventure, and her headdress has the goddamn transgender symbol on it. Hamfisted presentation, sure, but I'm fairly sure this, the VO confirming it and the one ideal general admission arcade route having her conclude that she's a woman kinda makes it painfully obvious, and trying to challenge multiple equivalents for word of god on purpose is incredibly ignorant and, personally, absolutely not a pro gamer move lol
#177  August 10, 2022, 09:27:31 am
Lets drop it. At this point we are just arguing to no end.

Back on topic... Ao for some reason bridgets butt attack can block sol's super.
#178  August 10, 2022, 09:30:35 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Well yeah, she's in the air. HMC only works on grounded and landing opponents, meanwhile her 6H has a lot of airtime and is an actual hop as opposed to in XX.
#179  August 10, 2022, 09:31:19 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Lets drop it. At this point we are just arguing to no end.

Let's. Just hope you understand that some of us feel like the decision was well-made. I understand that you're from a different background so you may feel differently, but just know that lots of people (outside of this circle) could take offense to what you say. Just letting you know.

Back on topic... Ao for some reason bridgets butt attack can block sol's super.
LOL, didn't even realize that.
#180  August 10, 2022, 07:38:56 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Useless and off-topic posts like these will he deleted. They have absolutely nothing do to with this game.

I'm sure you can find many communities where you can whine about snowflakes and other imagined enemies, but it sure ain't here.