YesNoOk

CSGO Gambling Scandal (Read 5491 times)

Started by SlySuavity, July 05, 2016, 05:58:58 pm
Share this topic:
CSGO Gambling Scandal
#1  July 05, 2016, 05:58:58 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
This has been making way like a wild-fire, and it's beyond scummy as fuck. Let's bring in the context:

To summarize: Tmartn and some other Youtube heroes are owners of a notable gambling website for Counter Strike: Global Offensive skins. They made videos promoting this site by showing off the big wins they got -- but they never disclosed their relationship with it. Yeah, they brought the shadiness up to 11, not to mention having this gambling binge directed at kids to further their profits.

Beyond that, TotalBiscuit did some fierce work with putting these guys on blast. Well worth the watch.

From a legal standpoint, it all spells well-earned disaster. Anyhow, anyone up for some popcorn butter?
Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:49:22 pm by UrbaneVirtuoso
Re: CSGO Gambling Scandal
#2  July 05, 2016, 07:39:17 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Hoo boy, let me get my Buncha Crunch and dig in as well! This is just sad to see, 2016 seems like a truly messed up year for scummy and horrible things.
#3  July 06, 2016, 12:22:55 am
I've been following this one, it looks refreshingly clear-cut. I want to see some delicious justice for a change.
#4  July 07, 2016, 04:13:50 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Recently, this asshat issued a non-apology then took it down upon being called out.

People like this never change, really... but luckily, the internet always remembers.

Hell, have some Reddit while you're at it.
#5  July 07, 2016, 04:39:34 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I do hope the scum responsible for this illegal act are fully and rightfully punished.

This is a betrayal that the internet will not tolerate.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#6  July 07, 2016, 07:59:41 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I'm more surprised that people actually gamble for CSGO skins. Why does this even exist? Heck, TF2 offers a lot of weapons and hats, and the max I've seen are those silly maps in which you stay and go afk. And they're things you can equip, not just skins. Whatever, people can waste their parents' money however they want.

But yeah, scumbag move. And it's possible that what they did was ilegal, so I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sues them.
#7  July 07, 2016, 08:17:39 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Hey man, when your Twitch Jesus tells you gambling is fun whilst earning $20 on his live stream and shouting "WOOOOO!" with a fake over-excited voice as his erection bursts thru his pants at the thought of a bunch of ignorant pre-teens pissing their allowance or their parents money away on your scam site, then you too will want to gamble on CS:GO skins.

I hope this helps.

lui

#8  July 10, 2016, 02:24:54 am
    • USA
So tmartn's now removed (non)apology video was so terrible that its practically a meme at this point