YesNoOk

[wip] Super Street Fighter Alpha: Eternal  (Read 3006 times)

Started by kildor, January 24, 2019, 12:22:50 pm
Share this topic:
[wip] Super Street Fighter Alpha: Eternal
#1  January 24, 2019, 12:22:50 pm
Been building my own game and I figured I would show off a little bit of the charselect screen right now. screenshots don't do it justice but this is what I've done so far  -- it will be a full game, so I have made custom portraits etc for my characters and what not.

*update*

Okay, so I've came up with the name, I think I'll be doing mainly street fighter, and perhaps some guest characters ;)

Here's an updated video of my intro screen and a couple of rounds with 1v1 and 2v2, still very much WORK IN PROGRESS but I'll take any criticism.

Making custom text and sound come in as you combo and have it match announcer was also tricky but I think I got it, tho I'm not too happy with my custom text popping in ( I still have a few old rips from some ADD004 font too that I will be removing and making my own) but I got it down.

So far my biggest pain in the ass is redoing sprites as I had to play around making everything HD720, localcoords doesn't cut it and I'm really tying to make this thing look nice.

Really, I've done so much I can't even explain it all here, sometime I'll write up a detailed post of everything I've done but that'll have to wait for now.

Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:27:15 am by kildor
Re: [wip] untitled - making character select screen
#2  January 26, 2019, 03:39:25 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I guess the font on the stage select are place holders. Also, I like the horizontal movement. Maybe you can reduce the timing on the, top bg animation. So it would appear to be moving separate from the bottom. Overall, I love the setup and ports are looking smooth. Just make sure they are not squeeze and have artifacts upon the edges. Keep it rocking.
#3  January 26, 2019, 09:12:43 am
Yeah. I’m not sure just yet what I’m doing with the stage select. Built the outline for it and I think I’m pretty happy with the results but I’m not sure what I’m gonna do with the font.

Good idea with slowing the top down some I’ll try some things out but thanks I’m definitely going for an older school arcade feel as I grew up back in the day with them lol
#4  January 26, 2019, 09:33:47 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Looks really good, I like the music and the graphics are very good quality.
May I ask, will it be a "real" full game or just a compilation? Are you going to create / edit the characters to make them balanced and standardized, or you're going to just throw them in and that's it?
Anyway, good luck with the project, as I said, is looking very good so far.
#5  January 26, 2019, 10:51:15 am
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
Very good job. So do you plan to do a full game about street fighter? A sorte of anthology (love the description with character's years).
#6  January 26, 2019, 11:31:22 am
Thanks guys! Been working hard. To answer both questions I’m not sure lol. I would like to make a full game that is the plan but I think I need to learn more about character balancing before I can get into that and I do love street fighter but I’ll probably put in marvel and some others but trying to keep it themed rather than a giant mashup of anything because we all know there’s plenty of that.

I’ll upload some more videos of combat once I’m satisfied with my lifebars etc but I’m sticking more towards a cvs pots combat rather than mvc.

And of course I’m never satisfied so I’m sure my select screen will undergo more changes but this is my basic skeleton and that shouldn’t change too much from what you’re seeing now.
Re: [wip] Super Street Fighter Alpha: Eternal
#7  January 29, 2019, 11:36:41 am
*updated*
#8  January 31, 2019, 11:25:54 am

Finally able to make everything in HD, took forever but I think I got it. Still need to finish my lifebars and portraits but getting close, good match here, too.
#9  January 31, 2019, 04:12:56 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I have an idea for that. I learned this trick from Mhoker. It saves you a lot of sprite reworking.
  • Go to the character's DEF file.
  • Add "localcoord = 427,240". If there already is a localcoord in the DEF file, change it to 427,240.
#10  February 01, 2019, 12:44:54 am
I have an idea for that. I learned this trick from Mhoker. It saves you a lot of sprite reworking.
  • Go to the character's DEF file.
  • Add "localcoord = 427,240". If there already is a localcoord in the DEF file, change it to 427,240.

I have done that, but there's isses with supermoves ive been fixing and a few other things, also going into stages to make them fit right and basically feel the same as each one. but its coming along nicely.
#11  February 01, 2019, 01:44:23 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I also seen POTS-style effects. Are you using POTS-style CvS characters?