YesNoOk

Skeith (my first idea ever) (Read 8138 times)

Started by OZ, September 25, 2007, 12:03:24 am
Share this topic:

OZ

Skeith (my first idea ever)
#1  September 25, 2007, 12:03:24 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
I've been watching MUGEN from the sidelines for a while now, and I thought I might as well give it a try.
I JUST started so I'm as new a newbies get.(I'm trying to watch all of the little tutorials). I just have some limited experience with making sprites.
If I were to make a character, the first one would be Skeith from the .hack games. I've constructed a couple sprites from the few pictures I could find.

What I wanted to know was, are the sprites good enogh to work?

P.S If there is not an image above this, would someone please inform me how to insert an image properly.

I figured that since Skeith kind of floats, movement wouldn't be too hard.
And since all of his joints are disconnected the whole process might go faster.

I know it's probably too early for this, but I've thought it out anyway.
Normal attacks would just involve him hitting opponents with the staff.
Special attacks might include him making a projectile wave, or dashing forward.
SprSpecial attacks would definently include data drain and maybe something else.

Anyway, I'll get better, I hope...
ಠ_ಠ
Re: Skeith (my first idea ever)
#2  September 25, 2007, 04:56:37 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
Your images arent showing up, try downloading it to your desktop and uploading to a site such as www.photobucket.com

cp.va-sa-ra.co.jp/~hack/html/chg_avatar_dot_hack.html
this may help you come up with ideas for your project.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:04:54 am by MirageAtoli
#3  September 26, 2007, 07:27:58 pm

OZ

#4  October 16, 2007, 01:19:20 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
I've had lots of important things to do this month, hardly been on the computer at all.
Thanks for the photobucket info. Tell me if this works.

So that move is called Judgement. Is that the one where he traps them in ice? I've actually been looking for a video for a while. Thanks for the tip.
ಠ_ಠ
#5  October 16, 2007, 01:24:35 am
The sprites could use a little bit more of cleaning up. But besides that it looks fine. Good Luck.

Woohoo! My WIP is actually Pac-Man! Sweet.
#6  October 16, 2007, 01:28:39 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Those aren't sprites..looks like you tryed to rip from a vid or something..

and those MS FX look Bad.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#7  October 16, 2007, 01:37:32 am
I consider them sprites, but anyways, I didn't notice those edits, whoops. I guess they could be better, but I've definetly seen worse.

Woohoo! My WIP is actually Pac-Man! Sweet.

OZ

#8  October 16, 2007, 02:48:27 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Cleaning off digital fuzz
ಠ_ಠ
#9  October 16, 2007, 04:29:04 am
  • .....?
It would be great to see him in Mugen...but im not sure how you are gonna do it, your gonna need to rip better sprites for one, even cleaned off they look very odd, the thick black borders seem off. And outside of his staff, judgement and data drain what other moves could he have? Are you going to incorporate skeith techniques from G.U.? That would give him a nice basic projectile.
Im low tier.

OZ

#10  October 18, 2007, 01:37:22 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
The black outline has seemed to be an obsticle. Most sprites and pictures I've found are on a black background or have the outline. I'll have to see how the outline relates with stages. Still working to get him on MUGEN.
Oh... I also found a problem with what would seem to be Skeith's otherwise simple movement. Skeith holds the staff in his right hand, so LOGICALY when he turns the staff will on the opposite side (closer to the screen). But this is hard and takes a long time  :S
So what do you guys think, should I try to make the two seperate animations for right and left facing; or should I just flip the image and hope nobody thinks about it?

Oh, and for moves, some GU material would probably work. Other moves might include: that move where he slides across the stage, leaving copies behind him, that move where he moves up and then straight down making a little shock wave, and maybe a throw involving impaling the opponent with the staff.

For data drain I was gonna have Skieth do the little wrist flick thing and have the staff appear behind the opponent. Both Skieth and the opponent would rise and the animation would play.
Is all of that possible?
ಠ_ಠ
#11  October 18, 2007, 01:41:32 am
  • .....?
hmm...the way you mention data drain makes it seem...cheap. Maybe have him throw the staff to initiate the special.
Im low tier.
#12  October 18, 2007, 05:21:23 pm
do you have any idea yet as to what style you want Skeith to be?

OZ

#13  October 18, 2007, 11:59:36 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
hmm...the way you mention data drain makes it seem...cheap. Maybe have him throw the staff to initiate the special.
That does sound like a cool way to start it.
Because Data Drain is a sort of coup d'etat, I'll have to find a happy median between high damage and range.

do you have any idea yet as to what style you want Skeith to be?
I'm sorry if this makes me look stupid, but could you define style?
ಠ_ಠ
#14  October 19, 2007, 12:07:39 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
gameplay style

KOF
SF
MvC

etc etc

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********

OZ

#15  October 19, 2007, 12:21:45 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Ohhhhh.
That actually makes more sense.
ಠ_ಠ

OZ

#16  October 19, 2007, 02:08:58 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
I am familiar with KoF and MvC formats, but seeing as (to my knowledge) Skeith has never been in a 2D fighting game, it's up for discusion.
I guess that MvC would work.
Any suggestions?
ಠ_ಠ