YesNoOk

So, why the EX issues? (Read 2919 times)

Started by Bloodly, November 26, 2008, 08:20:16 am
Share this topic:
So, why the EX issues?
#1  November 26, 2008, 08:20:16 am
  • Foolish, but learning.
Heard a lot of people in different places bad-mouthing the Street Fighter EX series.

Never has a reason been given.

Figure I should ask.

EX3 and the team system might cause issues, but I've played 1 and 2, and can't understand why the dislike.

Explain, please?
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
Re: So, why the EX issues?
#2  November 26, 2008, 04:34:31 pm
  • SNK is life
Where did you read that? I would say my main concern is having the game not canon whatsoever, when there was a considerable effort put into it. The storlyine, while being completely alternative to the SF universe, was not bad; and some of the characters were nice aditions.

More over, on the gameplay department, it's more fun than some of the stuff that was released even afterwards. Very combo friendly, various level super arts ... I like EX2 better than the first 2 Alphas and all the VS :)
#3  November 26, 2008, 04:42:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I don't get the EX hate either. The people who say they hate it never ever made a reason about it.

Me, I loved playing EX2. Area was my best character.
#4  November 26, 2008, 04:43:45 pm
All the excuse I've heard is "Because it's in 3D" which is a stupid reason to hate a Game.
#5  November 26, 2008, 04:50:18 pm
  • SNK is life
* Some supers for the Original 12 were great (Blanka, Gief and Guile come to mind)
* Shin Kairi he had a shifting stance if you reached LV3, concept never explored before
* Super Cancels from air hits were great for comboability
* Epic PLANETARY super finish BGs
* Vertical Spin Hit Anim was funny.
* SKULLOMANIA
#6  November 26, 2008, 04:53:05 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
I never found the reasons why people hated the EX series either, they were fun for a while and I couldn't find any flaws in them.
#7  November 26, 2008, 04:55:14 pm
When I went to the arcade years ago, there was a EX2 Plus machine, and everytime I went to it, D.Dark was always the Top fighter
#8  November 26, 2008, 04:59:32 pm
  • SNK is life
Interesting enough, IIRC these games came out and gained notoriety at the time 3D game graphics started getting better, and some of the models for EXs looked very poligonal. If you can see past the fact that it looks somewhat outdated, a very fun game lies beneath :)
#9  November 26, 2008, 05:40:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I played the crap out of EX 1 when it 1st came out...

I am not even 100% sure why I didn't like the EX series. I remember really really disliking EX3 though. (Never played 2)

I have the game still, I can't remember what I really disliked so much... I just never played it I guess. I remember playing it and not enjoying it for (insert random reasons?)
#10  November 26, 2008, 07:37:57 pm
  • Whoever cares to learn will always find a teacher.
    • shindoh.deviantart.com/
I love the ex games!
The first one the most!
I mean just check out the awesome rocking soundtrack!
And please: "Kairi", You could play volleyball with Your opponent and go mad with supers LOL.
He´s so awesome!
Or Allen Snider LOL, his special grab is too cool, I think it was HCF, Back + Kick, hit opponent into the air, jump after, 3 kicks into the stomach (DA! DA! DAA!!) and bye bye!
And the stylish ways the characters got hit, I love that!
~A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.~

http://shindoh.deviantart.com/
#11  November 26, 2008, 07:43:33 pm
  • Argh I lost my avatar.
  • I'mma Luigi, numbara one!
    • USA
I remember being in Rhodes and they had a PS1 with a Demo playing.  It was one of the EX games, the intro had M. Bison (Vega for you Weeaboos) standing, doing his laugh, and Ryu was doing his stance, readying for a hadoken.  I thought it was the next gen Street Fighter, when it really was an alternate timeline.
No  Dark Sean and Gouken are Good characters
Trivial knowledge: Anime sucks.
#12  November 26, 2008, 09:54:48 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
The short answer is the gameplay (mostly hit detection and jumping) isn't remotely as tight as the 2D games.
I liked EX2+ though, and wish that those combo challenges would transition to some "real" SF games.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#13  November 26, 2008, 09:57:42 pm
  • SNK is life
I like the approach they gave the game intro about Sagat Tiger - Ryu Dragon, I don't know if their rivalry has been explicitly explored from that angle, but it was great.
#14  November 26, 2008, 10:35:37 pm
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane

MDI

#15  November 26, 2008, 11:47:09 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
KoF Maximum Impact 1-2 seem to get similar hate due to the story as well as the fact that it is 3D. Its too bad! Oh well, their loss.
ey
#16  November 26, 2008, 11:48:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
oh, but MI has got good reasons to get hate, becuase of broken juggling and chain combos.
#17  November 27, 2008, 04:54:00 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Or Falcoon...
#18  November 27, 2008, 12:22:42 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
The only reason I dislike EX is that I couldn't do so much as a single Hadouken. Fucking Playstation 2.
#19  November 27, 2008, 06:07:07 pm
  • SNK is life
What??

EX & EX2+ are for PSOne
#20  November 27, 2008, 06:57:34 pm
I think he means EX3, wish capcom would bring out a collection of the ex games on ps2 or ps3.