YesNoOk

2dfighter. (Read 1250 times)

Started by BC, February 07, 2009, 06:24:59 pm
Share this topic:

BC

2dfighter.
#1  February 07, 2009, 06:24:59 pm
    • UK
Was browsing on youtube the other day looking at streetfighter 3 videos.. and i came across various videos of the game that were played on an emulator i havent heard of.

the site is 2dfighter.com and the set up is pretty straight forward... install .NET framework 3.5  and the emulator add-on.

create an account, wait till they give you a temp password(can wait upto 15 mins) create a folder on your desktop called ROMS, add your roms in there... the cool thing is UK vs USA lag is almost undetectable, ive never got any lag from it before... where as MAME and Kawaks the lag was unbearable, even though my ping was 16Ms... USA = 100+ 

anyways yea i recommend trying this emulator out if you already havent... make sure you configure your rom path once logged in.

happy gaming.

p.s you dont have to worry about rom versions...even if you have usa and somone has japan it will still work with no desynch, and games do not desynch atall as far as im aware on there.
Accepting commissions
Re: 2dfighter.
#2  February 07, 2009, 08:46:25 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
I have tried and its pretty good. Tho for some long distance match there is lag input.

BC

#3  February 08, 2009, 12:55:15 am
    • UK
yea like UK to brazil theres some lag, but in general UK-USA is fine and i have alot of american friends on the net so its all good :P
Accepting commissions
#4  February 08, 2009, 12:56:52 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
2DF is cool for having a lot of games, but GGPO has all or most of the games that matter and the lag is ridiculously low.  I've played matches with fellow Europeans and East Coast Americans with zero lag - before GGPO came along people would laugh in your face for even suggesting that was possible.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

BC

#5  February 08, 2009, 03:53:47 am
    • UK
wow, sounds even better......

might give that a try, do you have a link?
Accepting commissions
#6  February 08, 2009, 01:21:32 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
http://ggpo.net/

If you're using a modem you don't need to worry about those port forwarding steps.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#7  February 08, 2009, 01:27:13 pm
many months ago i tryed it but im bored on such obsessed competitivity; i got bored of being ass kicked there. Never played again since, it´s a waste of time, as mmorpgs.
Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 01:30:34 pm by Deoxyan
#8  February 08, 2009, 02:33:05 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
looks like youre not 'playing to win'

BC

#9  February 09, 2009, 12:10:37 am
    • UK
ok well i tried out that GGPO emulator and i never acutally got to fight anyone, connection lost multiple times after submitting my username and password, and also... when i did actually get in, it stops responding and crashes..... did this all day... so i reverted back to 2d fighter.com lol.

Accepting commissions
#10  February 09, 2009, 01:43:33 am
I never really liked GGPO.  It does have really good pings with everyone, but it's a pain in the ass when the game crashes on a consistent basis.

I'm sticking to 2DF.  I'm usually on in the SF3:3S room, look for eauxlune.

many months ago i tryed it but im bored on such obsessed competitivity; i got bored of being ass kicked there. Never played again since, it´s a waste of time, as mmorpgs.
You're the worst troll ever.  Go practice your skills more.