YesNoOk

Kratos (GoW) MUGEN WIP (Read 151416 times)

Started by DooM, February 13, 2009, 05:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kratos (GoW) MUGEN WIP
#61  February 17, 2009, 03:43:10 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
#62  February 17, 2009, 03:55:16 am
  • Head on!
    • kevinamlewis.wordpress.com
he can put the blades in any postition he wants, it's not about making him mobilesprites perfect...
I would be more concerned about his build

dunno if you noticed what I tried to say or not, but I may make something to show you some sprite about proportions/perspective later

I was just observing that the left blade is being held in the exact position as the mobile version, so I thought I should point out that the right blade is misplaced. If you think about it realistically, he's would be holding both blades facing the left, when really they should be facing away from his center (hence why the mobile sprite has the blades in those positions). Plus DooM mentioned himself that he was basing it off the mobile version.

That's just my opinion though; of course he's the one in charge and can make the sprites any way he wants to.

Also, I don't understand your last comment...
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#63  February 17, 2009, 04:13:28 am
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
I think he does look better with the gritted teeth showing; seems more like Kratos' aggressive character.
Yeah, I think so too. :)

- His arms look... strange. One is bigger than the other, and both are too short. The human elbow is always supposed to reach close to the waist.
It's not a flat surface. One arm must be bigger than the other. ;)

the new version is perfect, exactly what I was thinking.

the sword and some of the smaller details on the mobile version would look pretty bad if scaled exactly to that size. He's also facing slightly more forward, which suits him better for a 2D fighter.
Heh, we've got some same thinking I see, my friend. :) :buttsex: ( :sugoi: )

he can put the blades in any postition he wants, it's not about making him mobilesprites perfect...
I would be more concerned about his build

dunno if you noticed what I tried to say or not, but I may make something to show you some sprite about proportions/perspective later
That's just my opinion though; of course he's the one in charge and can make the sprites any way he wants to.
Well, there's always someone that finds something "wrong" with your sprites, I mean - you can't please EVERYBODY. I have to set up the style for my Kratos as soon as possible, so I can start spriting the rest. You can't imagine how pumped up I am to finish this char (I want to release him when GoW III will be released - probably 10.03.2010).
#64  February 17, 2009, 06:02:28 am
  • Head on!
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#65  February 18, 2009, 01:46:02 am
    • ememe.pl
Updates :surprised:

- New blades of chaos

BEFORE
AFTER

Seem more capcomish... don't you think?
Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 06:21:18 am by DooM
#66  February 18, 2009, 01:48:14 am
  • Head on!
 :2thumbsup:
#67  February 18, 2009, 01:49:14 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
please. make sure the colors are properly separated, so we can have the blades of athens as well.
#68  February 18, 2009, 02:28:21 am
    • ememe.pl

blunted

#69  February 18, 2009, 02:59:37 pm
#70  February 18, 2009, 03:47:43 pm
    • ememe.pl
BEFORE
AFTER

The chains coming from the ends of the blades look way better now. Can't wait to see an animated stance.

Trust me - I would love to show you the animated version that I'm working on, but I'm too afraid to post it here. There was an accident where I started a wip once with some custom stance animation, posted on a forum board, and it has been stolen from me. So, until I will be something around 25% done with the char, I won't post any more sprites - just screenshots (photoshop rendered) from Mugen. Try to undestand me, I really want this char to be done, done right.

However, if you would really want to see the animated stance, reach me on my msn. Invidual thing.
#71  February 18, 2009, 03:56:41 pm
  • DAT SAX
watermark it

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#72  February 18, 2009, 04:02:00 pm
    • ememe.pl
Hmm... actually, it's a good idea. Some 50% opacity text on the center would be nice, I guess.

blunted

#73  February 18, 2009, 07:22:10 pm
Trust me - I would love to show you the animated version that I'm working on, but I'm too afraid to post it here. There was an accident where I started a wip once with some custom stance animation, posted on a forum board, and it has been stolen from me. So, until I will be something around 25% done with the char, I won't post any more sprites - just screenshots (photoshop rendered) from Mugen. Try to undestand me, I really want this char to be done, done right.

However, if you would really want to see the animated stance, reach me on my msn. Invidual thing.

You're right -- I'd hate to see somebody rip off your work. It's happened with a few WIPs before.

Some individuals have been known to use animated gifs of mugen screenshots to prevent things like that, I think that may work better than a watermark in some cases.
#74  February 23, 2009, 01:31:53 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
You gotta do something about his right leg...it looks very stiff, short and unnatural.
Torso and shoulders behind neck could use some editing too.

Other than that, sprite looks good.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#75  February 27, 2009, 11:13:53 pm
  • Searching with my Good Eye Closed
BEFORE
AFTER

The chains coming from the ends of the blades look way better now. Can't wait to see an animated stance.

so you get scared if someone takes or animation? i dont see the problem with just one animation.
#76  February 28, 2009, 01:27:25 am
  • DAT SAX

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#77  February 28, 2009, 01:33:08 am
 the "blades of athena" looks awesome
+1 to doom
#78  March 01, 2009, 12:30:00 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I think the sprites are too detailed for a full spriteset, those chains and blades will drive you insane. See you in 2011? ;P
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:33:09 am by P.o.t.S.
#79  March 01, 2009, 01:43:05 am
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
I think the sprites are too detailed for a full spriteset, those chains and blades will drive you insane. See you in 2011? ;P
This is the kind of quality creators should strive for. Time isn't an issue, when it's done it's done. DooM knows what he's doing, and how long it might take. Though our goal is for it to be ready by March 2010.

Of course I know you didn't mean that in a derogatory way.
Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:46:52 am by Kratos

Hei

#80  March 01, 2009, 04:10:50 am
  • The power to electrify!
Seems pretty cool. You should make a WIP topic, there's way more content here than alot of other WIP threads.