YesNoOk

Cant load .sff (Read 10769 times)

Started by L@sher, December 28, 2008, 09:19:25 pm
Share this topic:
Cant load .sff
#1  December 28, 2008, 09:19:25 pm
So I just added effects to my character's sff and now when I try to load him up, I get an error saying that I cant load the .sff, p1.

I read that this can because of my virtual memory, but that makes no sense because I can load up other characters with huge amounts of effects (10x more than my char has), but I cant load mine up.

Anyone know what the problem is?

My first sig =]                                                                               By Tempest
Re: Cant load .sff
#2  December 28, 2008, 11:27:57 pm
  • I got a PM.
Can you still open the file in Fighter Factory.

Wait. Check you def file and make sure the names match.

Also on Linux file names are case sensitive.
#3  December 28, 2008, 11:35:55 pm
I guess I wasn't clear enough.  I could load him up in fighter factory, I just can't load him in Mugen.  The problem goes away when i delete the group of effects, and then I could load him in Mugen

My first sig =]                                                                               By Tempest
#4  December 28, 2008, 11:40:49 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Then the problem is with that group of effects.

Read the FAQ in this forum. I guarantee you you'll figure out where you've gone wrong.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  December 28, 2008, 11:46:14 pm
  • I got a PM.
Well go through the dev and make sure it is pointing at his .sff file. If it is.................

Then Cy is right you are using sprites that will not work in Mugen. 256bmp.
#6  December 29, 2008, 12:44:09 am
This can happen when you are using sprites that are RGB graphic files (256^3 colors)
Make shure to use 256 color mode files. FF has even an option to convert RGB files, I never used it and dont know if it works though.
Latest Creation: SSBB Assist Trophies
#7  December 29, 2008, 02:17:30 am
Well, Ive found the problem.  1 out of the 80 sprites was corrupt.

Thx for all your help.