YesNoOk

wrestling (Read 2256547 times)

Started by Titiln, August 28, 2007, 08:49:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: wrestling
#4581  November 09, 2011, 10:20:18 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Trust me, I would rather have Henry as champ than Orton, but I just don't like Mark Henry at all.  At least with Big Show I never feel like the match is dragging on, and people are limiting their offense against him because he's genuinely huge.  When Mark Henry wrestles, my willing suspension of disbelief is thrown out the window because I feel like people are limiting their moves because he genuinely can't co-operate with them.

SNT

#4582  November 09, 2011, 10:22:03 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
that's the thing. super orton lost twice to mark henry. why is anyone surprised danielson also lost to him
No one's surprised at the outcome; I'm surprised that Creative thought that match up was interesting and unpredictable enough to warrant the effort.  It's a sentiment I have with many of Henry's matches.
#4583  November 09, 2011, 10:30:59 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
See, I don't think anybody has a problem with the way Henry is booked so much as they are against Henry himself.  He just sucks.
#4584  November 09, 2011, 10:32:19 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Mark Henry will seriously reign for the next 15 years

all of you need to shut the fuck up and respect him!

beside that, the wwe has way too few champion material wrestlers
#4585  November 10, 2011, 07:06:05 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Special Event coming up on 3 hour Raw, not sure if I should be excited, I hope JH doesn't screw this up...and that's only if this turns out to be true, which I'm doubtful of, since there's no news of it elsewhere and I don't see this being likely lol.

::link::
Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:16:21 am by C-G-U
#4586  November 10, 2011, 05:11:22 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Special Event coming up on 3 hour Raw, not sure if I should be excited, I hope JH doesn't screw this up...and that's only if this turns out to be true, which I'm doubtful of, since there's no news of it elsewhere and I don't see this being likely lol.

This cannot possibly be true.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4587  November 10, 2011, 05:25:08 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Total Bullshit...and thats the WHOLE truth
#4588  November 10, 2011, 06:20:20 pm

This cannot possibly be true.
Just to add, this still hasn't been posted anywhere else that I've seen so I doubt it is true.
But it is not unheard of for Vince to help the competition, remember the ECW thing?

Trust me, I would rather have Henry as champ than Orton, but I just don't like Mark Henry at all.  At least with Big Show I never feel like the match is dragging on, and people are limiting their offense against him because he's genuinely huge.

I humbly disagree. Orton deserves to be champion based on his wrestling ability. He is one of the people that WWE have that are legitimately good wrestlers. Having Mic skills is a plus, but you do need to have interesting matches too. For me the best overall performer is Kurt Angle, with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels being very close behind. Unfortunately you simply can't see who has good mic skills anymore because now things are mostly read from a script. Now it's more of a case of who can make the script their own, a great example of this is Miz and Truth. Both have mostly good promos because they deliver the script well.

Now there is a tendency for WWE to force people into a position they are not equipped to be in. The latest example is Mason Ryan, strangely he is a babyface even though his "look" is more in line with a dominant heel. He has terrible mic skills, his wrestling ability is sub-par but expect to see someone like him getting a big push while Mr Money In The Bank loses week after week. Also does anyone else wonder how Ryan is getting through these drug tests...?

I always shine!
#4589  November 10, 2011, 06:34:36 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Maybe they build up Mason Ryan as a babyface to make him a stronger heel

aka, first he is nice blabla..people like him..than he does something wrong, betrays his old friends and  the folks hate him

sometimes thats better as to introduce a fresh face as a heel from the start
#4590  November 10, 2011, 06:49:05 pm
aka, first he is nice blabla..people like him..than he does something wrong, betrays his old friends and  the folks hate him
Maybe, it would be pretty funny because thats usually a tactic they reserve for the diva's division now!

By the way, I was just wondering how many non-brits understood that during the Cm Punk/ADR segment the crowd were chanting "'Oo 'R Ya!?" aka "Who are you?". When I watched it I just kept thinking that people outside of the UK (including the the people in the ring) probably have no idea what is being said.  :sugoi:

I always shine!
#4591  November 11, 2011, 12:31:40 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
When they were in England last and Truth had his big heel turn, my friend had no idea what the hell they were chanting half the time. I had to point out the "Think of the children!" to him.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4592  November 11, 2011, 03:02:14 am
    • Peru
Maybe, it would be pretty funny because thats usually a tactic they reserve for the diva's division now!

By the way, I was just wondering how many non-brits understood that during the Cm Punk/ADR segment the crowd were chanting "'Oo 'R Ya!?" aka "Who are you?". When I watched it I just kept thinking that people outside of the UK (including the the people in the ring) probably have no idea what is being said.  :sugoi:

Haha, that was my case.

See that's funny, because that belt has more credibility than pretty much any other in WWE at this point.  It damn sure has more credibility than the US and WWE Championships.  If The Miz can win a title, anyone can.

I might be a little late in replying to this but whatever. Yes, but if they ever build Barrett properly (this "barrage" thing seems to be a start) and he gets a title, that title will stop being a joke. A belt is not a joke or taken seriously because of what it represents, it's all about who represents it.

And the WWE title being a joke isn't so much ADR's fault, it's the WWE's fault for drafting him to RAW so fucking early. He was doing more than fine constantly feuding with people and snapping their arms... sigh. Let's see how his feud with Punk turns out.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#4593  November 12, 2011, 02:55:44 am
    • Peru
Once more, bump is necessary. That is, if you don't want to wait for smackdown. Spoiler below:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
#4594  November 12, 2011, 04:27:41 am
  • I like bread
    • USA
BAW GAWD
#4595  November 12, 2011, 12:59:06 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Once more, bump is necessary. That is, if you don't want to wait for smackdown. Spoiler below:

that wasnt defeating..that was barely wining short before being RKOèd

and what a coincedence a british heel wins in england...

all in all a boring smackdown again...last week was way better
#4596  November 12, 2011, 04:02:28 pm
I watched the Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart Blu Ray yesterday. It was pretty cool, they are two of my favourite all time wrestlers and the interview was interesting for the most part. Anyone else see it? What did you think?

I always shine!
#4597  November 13, 2011, 04:12:29 am
    • Peru

that wasnt defeating..that was barely wining short before being RKOèd

and what a coincedence a british heel wins in england...

all in all a boring smackdown again...last week was way better

From a booking standpoint, this actually is pretty surprising to me, no matter how lame his victory might've been.

I watched the Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart Blu Ray yesterday. It was pretty cool, they are two of my favourite all time wrestlers and the interview was interesting for the most part. Anyone else see it? What did you think?

I've been told it's pretty good, I'll get it soon.
#4598  November 14, 2011, 07:14:57 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Download Last Bout now!
#4599  November 14, 2011, 07:29:24 pm
    • Peru
#4600  November 15, 2011, 01:43:35 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/