Re: New Devil May Cry
#201  September 22, 2010, 07:53:20 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#202  September 22, 2010, 08:01:15 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
knida looks like peter parker in spiderman 3...I seriously hope the real Dante smacks this guy in the head....Capcom you just royally screwed yourself...way to fuck up a perfectly good thing...I'd rather see Vergil Return than this new Dante crap...go back to the white haired, cocky as all hell...badass....not this french cries and whine bullshit....bad Capcom...BAD...
#203  September 22, 2010, 08:44:33 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I might as well post the link here so you can see the schlongslashing yourself

Nah, I saw plenty of that when I was looking for a Dante picture for my avatar. :-\

I also found a GutsxVergil Doujin... No, it wasn't THAT kind of doujin, they where fighting each other. It seems it's a MUGEN inspired doujin.

vyn

#204  September 22, 2010, 10:02:10 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
"Kinda replying to renzo for actually trying to put some insight here."

Casual market is less outspoken in online communities if they even belong to one, even if most of the comments seen online are of hate it is no real indication of what sales will be like. Lets prove it, the reason capcom is rebooting the series is "it sells poorly in western markets" yet online most of the comments you see are of how awesome the series are (although most comments reffer to dmc3 but w/e) and we would probably expect the series to be a tremendous comercial success but according to capcom its not.

I think this move is meant to attract new people to a new series, the market that has little idea of who dante is and just want to crack some heads open, probably the same "AWESOME" market of GoW or call of duty, what could be considered as the casual market and what capcom hopes to draw via ninja theory.

I for one dont like the new  design for dante but will buy the game for sure, if it was someone else than ninja theory i wouldnt be so sure though, nariko had more personality in her pinky than most western hit characters ive seen.
Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:06:30 pm by [V]yn
#205  September 22, 2010, 11:35:34 pm
    • Peru
What you wrote is the cause, but what I wrote is the effect (what they want & what they'll get).

If they're trying to attract people who knows little about Dante, why naming "DmC" (and the character itself "Dante") in the first place? Doesn't make sense to me: That's using the reputation of the brand on people who doesn't know the brand. The only thing to comes to my mind is the fact that sticking to an existing franchise means less risk than creating a new one, but again it's a contradiction. Capcom took a tremendous risk by redesigning Dante.

Maybe if they had this stuff shown as a new IP it wouldn't get so much negative feedback.

vyn

#206  September 23, 2010, 12:57:31 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
my guess would be that if capcom has indeed decided to kill the white haired dante then using the name dante and dmc is to appeal the people who DO know the game (aside from casuals as we have discussed), sure most of us turned into haters like any respectable fanboy would but lets face it most of us cant wait to see exactly what this new DMC is and perharps that attraction is bigger than if we were just getting a new hack and slash from ninja theory.

Only applies if the old dante is dead of course, if they plan to pull a "new coke-classic coke" then they are idiots.
#207  September 23, 2010, 01:02:03 am
    • Peru
Now that I'm thinking, at least they desisted in trying to attract people by adding a new secondary protagonist (ala DMC with Nero or MMX7 with Axel).

vyn

#208  September 23, 2010, 01:03:26 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
I liked neros gameplay :(, sure he was a bit of a sissy but who wouldnt look like that when siding with dante.

Axel blows.
#209  September 23, 2010, 06:07:04 am
now I really wish I had my own terrorist minions
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#210  September 23, 2010, 04:33:51 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I liked neros gameplay :(, sure he was a bit of a sissy but who wouldnt look like that when siding with dante.

Axel blows.

At least Axl got a gameplay overhaul in Megaman X8 and wasnt just an X clone anymore. Not to mention his superior X8 voice actor.

And speaking of Nero, Bugya needs to do that next. It'll be fun to translate his gameplay to a 2d environment.
#211  September 23, 2010, 07:58:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/
Ladies and gentlemen, an excerpt of Ninja Theory's previous effort, confirming the new DMC playing (controlling at best) like shit.
Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:06:31 pm by The_None
#212  September 23, 2010, 09:55:39 pm
  • X is for Xtreme
    • Netherlands
    • Geocities.jp
Ladies and gentlemen, an excerpt of Ninja Theory's previous effort, confirming the new DMC playing (controlling at best) like shit.

Oh god.
I never had too much hope for Ninja theory, but after seeing this...... :S
The Enslaved demo left a horrible taste, so I don't plan on picking up that either.
where there is a will,there is a way。
Sounds like you're just jealous that Duke Nukem has a bigger dick and gets ALL the bitches.

vyn

#213  September 24, 2010, 12:02:56 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
awww its gone, got another link? whats an excerpt of nt previous effort, enslaved? how can that confirm dmc shit gameplay?

DMK

#214  September 24, 2010, 12:06:02 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Still seems to be up for me. I had the game, but never got around to actually playing the damn thing. That is some seriously bad controls though.

Tinypic is no longer accepting uploads from international locations, and links are turned off. If you have content on Tinypic, you can still view the URLs and the content, but only on Tinypic. To upload, share, or link content, please go to Photobucket.com to register an account.

Never mind I guess thats why. I'll host it on my PB and spoiler it so you can see it.

Spoiler: The_None's pic for those that can't see it (click to see content)
Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:12:18 am by DMK
#215  September 24, 2010, 12:16:20 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada

vyn

#216  September 24, 2010, 12:23:24 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
tnx a lot for uploading mate.

and.... thats it?... a disfunctional controller playing 2 seconds of a previous game confirms a game to be relased to have shit gameplay? (and given the part where its at thats probably the demo, not even the actual game).

I own that game and completed it twice, gameplay was great (xcept for the optional sixaxis aiming but sixaxis fails overall and again it was optional), beautiful graphics, and one the best told stories ever with characters that actually felt real.

Capcom is way better at control than nt that is for sure but if the new team has improved at least a bit from Heavenly Sword then expect above average still and a much better way of telling a story despite that crap hero look.

DMK go play that game NOW, shame on you  >:(
Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:32:34 am by [V]yn

Zeo

#217  September 24, 2010, 01:47:58 am
  • A long time around.
There's nothing in the spoiler tag. ehh..

EDIT: Nevermind.

Wow...
#218  September 25, 2010, 12:13:34 am
  • Keepin' it SSStylish!
    • USA
Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigra? They're the same sword! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! I invented the piano key katana, I invented it! What have you done, Dante?

/

Oh god, I'm dying of laughter here. Thanks for that.
Wow. I've never seen a talking mutt before.
#219  September 25, 2010, 05:53:56 am
  • FTW!!!
It would be nice if he was part of a "Dante Hunter" team and the game focuses on them chasing Dante. But no..
#220  September 25, 2010, 12:17:55 pm