YesNoOk

Ryu SFV inspired wip  (Read 20769 times)

Started by Memo, February 06, 2018, 12:14:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ryu SFV inspired wip
#21  February 24, 2018, 04:33:08 am
  • Niigasan
i mean, what do these sprites add but a couple new punches and kicks, thats not enough nowadays to grab the attention that you want. i like it, he def gonna replace the ryu in my roster when its finished, make combo videos and stuff to maybe that'll draw more attention
#22  February 24, 2018, 05:20:38 am
    • Brazil
it plays really good so far, the ink effects are well done, haven't seen that before (although, haven't seen anything mugen in 6 years or something).
but some animations do look janky (the way they're aligned, not the actual sprites), namely the pose that Ryu does after the strong punch, and the heavy kick, if you look at Ryu's feet during those anims you can see them shifting in weird ways.

after comboing a little bit I found out I can combo 2 shinkuu hadoukens in the corner, my exact combo was: EX tatsu > shinkuu hadouken > shinkuu hadouken, don't know if that's intended or not, seems a little overboard.

and this might come down to personal preference, but should supers really only cost 1 bar? to get a more "SFV feel" shouldn't they cost 3 bars and do a shit load of damage?
Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:07:16 am by Henry Hero
#23  February 24, 2018, 07:09:18 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
It seems like nobody's really interested in a updated
ryu with new animations & shit.

Theres tons of different versions of pots ryu, and the
same old cvs2 animations.

Damn you guys ain't interested in having something
different for a change?

I use your cvtw2 ryu and its a welcome change from the others. I don't have the coding knowledge to give you feedback or I would've
#24  February 24, 2018, 04:57:03 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
it plays really good so far, the ink effects are well done, haven't seen that before (although, haven't seen anything mugen in 6 years or something).
but some animations do look janky (the way they're aligned, not the actual sprites), namely the pose that Ryu does after the strong punch, and the heavy kick, if you look at Ryu's feet during those anims you can see them shifting in weird ways.

after comboing a little bit I found out I can combo 2 shinkuu hadoukens in the corner, my exact combo was: EX tatsu > shinkuu hadouken > shinkuu hadouken, don't know if that's intended or not, seems a little overboard.

and this might come down to personal preference, but should supers really only cost 1 bar? to get a more "SFV feel" shouldn't they cost 3 bars and do a shit load of damage?

Is this happening in the version I posted on Tuesday?
I'll definitely check that animation you mentioned
and also ryu has various lvl supers too.

I thought I fixed that shinku hado combo I'll take
another look at that.

Guys thanks for the comments, this is what I need tho
some feedback, I cant improve on him without it.

How about the bonus char, anything weird with him so far?

*edit

I dont expect much from other creators I know you guys
are busy with your own stuff, but the ones that just play
mugen leave some feedback dammit! Lol
#25  April 05, 2018, 02:57:47 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread, but I'm really enjoying this Ryu! The Kyokugen style one is pretty amusing too. I hope these will see completion!

I wish I could be of help in terms of feedback, but I'm not very versed in character coding. From what I've been playing everything seems well in order. Also, I adapted PotS' Ryu's small portrait to this Ryu's palette if you'd like me to send it your way.
Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:09:53 am by ShiroTori
#26  June 09, 2018, 03:28:41 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Can I  suggest making beam like how pots did?
,if you charge it long enough it becomes beam if not then its a powered up metsu hadoken?
also was going to suggest to have the metsu LV3 being able to comboed into sth  like
this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYKL96ABw1E
1.20 to 1.25
#27  June 10, 2018, 05:17:12 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Can I  suggest making beam like how pots did?
,if you charge it long enough it becomes beam if not then its a powered up metsu hadoken?
also was going to suggest to have the metsu LV3 being able to comboed into sth  like
this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYKL96ABw1E
1.20 to 1.25

Honestly I dont know when ill get back to this, ive been
off mugen a couple of months because of work and lack
of interest in the project.

If you guys want him I might continue and finish him off.
#28  June 10, 2018, 06:23:50 pm
the sprites have a great quality.
#29  June 12, 2018, 05:47:09 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
If you guys want him I might continue and finish him off.

Definitely want. He's my favorite Ryu in mugen and the only one I use. Pick him up when you regain interest so that you don't finish him just for the heck of it.
#30  September 26, 2018, 07:45:43 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
been working on this guy for a while on the low, and ive been
experimenting with new super move animations.

he is still pots style but will have my own twist to the formula
like focus attack instead of dodge and some other stuff.

#31  September 26, 2018, 10:25:21 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
I was afraid you abandoned this project - good to see you're back to it.
#32  September 26, 2018, 11:08:01 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I was afraid you abandoned this project - good to see you're back to it.

I never did ive just been on the low doing changes and
tweaking a couple things.

Now he has mix frame data with cvs2 and sf5.

vyn

#33  September 27, 2018, 11:06:03 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com

its always cool to see a guy making their own style. Good to see this character is still in the works.
#34  September 28, 2018, 01:10:49 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

its always cool to see a guy making their own style. Good to see this character is still in the works.

Yup got tired of the same old formula lol, I'm also experimenting with
Having a v-reversal instead of zero counter.

DW

#35  September 30, 2018, 10:42:04 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Isn't a V-Reversal just an Alpha Counter that's dependent on a separate gauge from the power meter? Also, from what I've seen in various matches, it doesn't look as good, cause a char can actually get hit out of the reversal. Also, why SFV Ryu? From what I've seen and heard, it's one of his worst incarnations in any FG he's appeared in. I know his new animations and gimmicks maybe appealing somewhat, though overall.... I suppose it doesn't matter too much, as you can work around any short-comings he has in SFV, tailoring him to how you see fit.

As far as the Focus Attack goes... I suppose that's cool. So, are you saying he'll still have the Roll mechanic? While replacing Dodge with Focus? Or by "Dodge" are you referring to both evasive maneuvers(Roll & Dodge)? IMO, if you really want to set things apart, you'll drop CC(A-Groove core) for a different "core" groove mechanic. I of course implemented Max Mode from N-Groove, though that's because it's my fave core mechanic from CvS. I can give a few suggestions, along with how I would implement said mechanics(if needed), because I've already brainstormed on this for years:

S-Groove's "Desperation" Mechanic: When char's life drops to approximately 30%(25%-35%) of max, all Lv1 supers become free. Lv3 super(s) are locked until the health requirement is reached. Since this style has EX moves, I suppose they can become free as well? It will require various testing regimes to balance it, though it could definitely work.

K-Groove's "Rage" Mechanic: Now this one would be interesting. Off hand, it won't work as is, meshing with mechanics like Power Charge and all... Though what I thought of doing was to make it a blend between Rage and SFIV's "Revenge" mechanic. So you have a separate "Rage" gauge, along with your normal power gauge. You can still perform EX moves/Lv1-Max supers with your normal power gauge. While mechanics such as Power Charge can still be kept. Once your char takes a certain amount of damage, the Rage activates, giving said char a huge boost in attack and defense. This Rage state will deplete over time of course. Now, you can go one of 2 ways for the Lv3 supers: I want to note that this is a mechanic I more so envisioned Infinite taking advantage of, as he likes to give his chars 2 Lv3s. You could just make the Lv3 supers locked, like traditional K-Groove Rage. Or have a Lv3 they can perform w/o being in Rage, and another that can only be performed while in Rage.

C-Groove's "Meter Power" Mechanic: Easiest of them all. Your char just gains more attack, based on how much meter they have. Like, at least 1000 power though less than 2000 power would be a 5% ATK increase. 2000 >= & less than 3000 will give 10%. Finally, 3000/PowerMax will give 15%... Or perhaps make it 20%. That way, it will really have a baring on do you want to spend the meter? Or keep it for that nice ATK boost.

A/N Groove you already know. P Groove is trash so nobody cares.  Of course you can always implement something else you may feel could work. Or just leave the core as is. Just throwing some ideas your way.
Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:45:37 pm by DW
#36  October 10, 2018, 07:08:17 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Isn't a V-Reversal just an Alpha Counter that's dependent on a separate gauge from the power meter? Also, from what I've seen in various matches, it doesn't look as good, cause a char can actually get hit out of the reversal. Also, why SFV Ryu? From what I've seen and heard, it's one of his worst incarnations in any FG he's appeared in. I know his new animations and gimmicks maybe appealing somewhat, though overall.... I suppose it doesn't matter too much, as you can work around any short-comings he has in SFV, tailoring him to how you see fit.

As far as the Focus Attack goes... I suppose that's cool. So, are you saying he'll still have the Roll mechanic? While replacing Dodge with Focus? Or by "Dodge" are you referring to both evasive maneuvers(Roll & Dodge)? IMO, if you really want to set things apart, you'll drop CC(A-Groove core) for a different "core" groove mechanic. I of course implemented Max Mode from N-Groove, though that's because it's my fave core mechanic from CvS. I can give a few suggestions, along with how I would implement said mechanics(if needed), because I've already brainstormed on this for years:

S-Groove's "Desperation" Mechanic: When char's life drops to approximately 30%(25%-35%) of max, all Lv1 supers become free. Lv3 super(s) are locked until the health requirement is reached. Since this style has EX moves, I suppose they can become free as well? It will require various testing regimes to balance it, though it could definitely work.

K-Groove's "Rage" Mechanic: Now this one would be interesting. Off hand, it won't work as is, meshing with mechanics like Power Charge and all... Though what I thought of doing was to make it a blend between Rage and SFIV's "Revenge" mechanic. So you have a separate "Rage" gauge, along with your normal power gauge. You can still perform EX moves/Lv1-Max supers with your normal power gauge. While mechanics such as Power Charge can still be kept. Once your char takes a certain amount of damage, the Rage activates, giving said char a huge boost in attack and defense. This Rage state will deplete over time of course. Now, you can go one of 2 ways for the Lv3 supers: I want to note that this is a mechanic I more so envisioned Infinite taking advantage of, as he likes to give his chars 2 Lv3s. You could just make the Lv3 supers locked, like traditional K-Groove Rage. Or have a Lv3 they can perform w/o being in Rage, and another that can only be performed while in Rage.

C-Groove's "Meter Power" Mechanic: Easiest of them all. Your char just gains more attack, based on how much meter they have. Like, at least 1000 power though less than 2000 power would be a 5% ATK increase. 2000 >= & less than 3000 will give 10%. Finally, 3000/PowerMax will give 15%... Or perhaps make it 20%. That way, it will really have a baring on do you want to spend the meter? Or keep it for that nice ATK boost.

A/N Groove you already know. P Groove is trash so nobody cares.  Of course you can always implement something else you may feel could work. Or just leave the core as is. Just throwing some ideas your way.

Its true you can get hit out of the V-reversal and I had it setup to
use meter from the power bar. This Ryu isn't bad, he has alot of
stuff he can do its just the nerfs he got that make him kinda bad lol.

He still has a FWD and back roll, he lost the dodge and its attacks
for the focus attack but he might lose those as well since the focus
attack can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.  It has 1
hit of armor and you can easily dash cancel out of it, I use it like
a parry on projectiles and dash to close the gap. It it hits and you
dash into your enemy you get a shit ton of +adv to follow up a
combo with whatever you want.

I dropped the cc groove stuff already, the plan is to make a mode
similar to his v mode in sf5 and buff his attacks a bit, or ill check out
your ideas they do sound interesting and simpler to do lol
#37  October 10, 2018, 09:09:54 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
well since I scrapped my denjin  ryu,might as well just throw this here,hades made it long time ago
#38  October 11, 2018, 01:19:59 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#39  October 11, 2018, 08:52:25 am
Looking forward to  Ryu dude. I enjoyed the CVTW one a lot.
#40  October 11, 2018, 10:52:02 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Looking forward to  Ryu dude. I enjoyed the CVTW one a lot.

I gotta get back to that, I had 5 chars playable when I
took a break and most of them are complete for now.

Thanks dude, Ryu is almost done but ive been tweaking
stuff everywhere to get him feeling right.  He definitely
feels faster(more CvS) than the last beta version I put up
that was mostly based on SFV frame data.