YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 549452 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#101  July 07, 2016, 12:17:25 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Man what the FUCK is up with these AFK people in ranked? It always seems like that every 2 out of 5 matches I go in there's either ragequitters or players AFK in the middle of the match, tell me I'm not the only one who's suffering from all of this... no wonder I can't ever seem to get to level 50, there's always these people in the way and I lose way too much exp because of them -_-

*rant over*

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/750736158624215040
Sombra sometime soon perhaps

This is nice... I need me some sniper support, already having fun playing Widowmaker (not so much as before, but still).
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#102  July 11, 2016, 04:30:44 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#103  July 12, 2016, 07:03:45 pm
    • USA
Ana Revealed
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-overwatch-hero-revealed-watch-the-healing-snip/1100-6441704/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
Blizzard teased a new Overwatch hero recently with a blueprint of a healing sniper rifle, and now the developer has revealed the new character. Ana is a Support character who uses her rifle and other abilities to simultaneously heal her teammates and hurt her foes--and she just so happens to be Pharah's mother, too. You can try her out for yourself through a Public Test Realm starting today.

The weapon you'll use most as Ana is her Biotic Rifle. It fires long-range darts that restore your allies' health or deal ongoing damage if you shoot an enemy with one. In addition to the rifle, Ana has a Sleep Dart, which knocks enemies unconscious.

For close-quarters combat, Ana can utilize her Biotic Grenade, which heals teammates and damages opponents standing within its small area of effect. An added bonus to the grenade is a temporary increase to all healing your allies receive. Additionally, any enemies caught in its area of effect will not be able to receive healing for a period of time.

Lastly, Ana's Ultimate ability, Nano Boost, turns her teammates into superpowered soldiers. It gives allies increased damage, faster movement, and a higher resistance to damage while active.

You can watch Ana's gameplay video at the top of the article, and you can learn more about her backstory in her origins video here.

To try Ana out for yourself today, you'll need to have Overwatch on PC. Open the Battle.net client, go to where you select your region/account (right above the Play button), and choose "PTR: Overwatch." Once she goes live, you should be able to play her as much as you want through the PTR.

Many players believed the Support sniper was named Sombra, as the name can be seen in several locations on the Dorado map. Reaper can also be heard saying, "Where is Sombra when you need her?" Although the Support sniper character turned out to be Ana, it's still possible that Sombra could be an entirely separate character.

Ana is introduced alongside a patch that makes several balance changes to multiple heroes. Some of the changes affect Zenyatta's vulnerability and D.Va's Defense Field. We'll keep you updated as the patch notes are released.

We got the opportunity to speak to Blizzard's principal designer, Scott Mercer, and he told us that players can expect some changes to Competitive Play in the near future. There will soon be a one-hero limit, which will prevent teams from having multiple players using the same hero. And when Season 2 commences, Sudden Death will be removed in favor of ending a game in a tie.

In other Overwatch news, the first-person shooter stayed near the top of the PS4's top-selling digital games for another month. The only game to beat it was Battlefield 4, which was discounted heavily during June.

the changes without having to watch the video
Zenyatta is gaining 50 more health, which are shields. Transcendence now heals 300 HP per second, up from 200, and he moves at double speed during it.
D. Va's Defense Matrix no longer has a cool down but works on a meter like Pharah's hover.
Mercy's Ultimate charges slower but she is now able to move during it. Her right click gives a higher damage boost than before.
Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:56:28 pm by Girard
#104  July 12, 2016, 08:36:35 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Damn, she looks like a really good support in the right hands. Too bad the majority will be treating her like Widowmaker.
#105  July 12, 2016, 08:44:22 pm
    • USA
People will still pick Hanzo over her when the tip box says no sniper and support
Ana's skins https://imgur.com/a/eFWBr
patch notes
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20178523#patchnotes
Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currrently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore not all upcoming console

PATCH FEATURES

New Hero: Ana (Support)
After being out of the fight for several years, one of Overwatch's founding members is returning. Introducing Ana—a battle-scarred veteran who supports her teammates from a distance using a unique and highly specialized collection of weapons.

Ana’s primary weapon is her Biotic Rifle, which fires long-range darts that can restore the health of her allies or deal ongoing damage to her enemies. Meanwhile, her Biotic Grenade is perfect for a close-quarters clash, simultaneously healing teammates and injuring foes caught in its small area of effect. (Affected allies will also receive a temporary increase to all incoming healing, while affected enemies can’t be healed for a few moments.) And if the battle starts to get out of hand, Ana's sidearm can fire a Sleep Dart, knocking her adversaries unconscious.

Plus, Ana's ultimate ability, Nano Boost, empowers one of her teammates, granting faster movement, increased damage, and resistance to enemy attacks.

To learn more about Ana, click here.

GENERAL UPDATES

Gameplay

If a match goes into Overtime for more than 20 seconds, the fuse will now start to "burn down" more quickly
    Players now respawn more slowly during Overtime (increased spawn time by 2 seconds)

Competitive Play

Competitive Play matches can now only have one of each hero per team. For more info, click here.

Miscellaneous

Added Ana as an AI-controlled hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes
    Timing on Zenyatta's Rapid Discord achievement is more lenient
    Targeted teammates now respond by saying "I'm with you," when players use the “Group Up” communication
    Renamed five sprays to avoid duplicate titles

HERO BALANCE UPDATES

General

Self-healing abilities now charge ultimate abilities. As a result, some heroes’ ultimate costs have been adjusted (see below).

Bastion

Configuration: Tank
        Ultimate cost increased by 10%

D.Va

Defense Matrix
        Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second
        A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.
            Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty
            At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds
            Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held
        Defense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)
            An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
    Self-Destruct
        Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
        Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
        Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)

Developer Notes: D.Va isn't being selected as often as our other tanks, and we feel a lot of that stems from the underperformance of her damage absorption abilities. So, we've reconfigured her Defensive Matrix, making it more flexible and giving players the ability to use it more often. We’ve also given Self-Destruct a little more oomph, because it felt slightly underwhelming when compared to many of Overwatch's other ultimate abilities.

Lúcio

Sound Barrier

McCree

Peacekeeper
        Now maintains full damage at longer distances, but will deal less damage at extreme ranges

Developer Notes: While the game does feel better following the nerf to McCree’s close-range damage in a previous patch, it left him a little too weak. So, we're increasing his effective distance, making his range similar to Soldier: 76’s. This should hopefully give players another option for dealing with pesky long-range damage dealing heroes like Pharah and Hanzo.

Mercy

Caduceus Staff
        Damage Boost
            Bonus damage increased from 30% to 50%
            Effect will no longer stacks with bonus damage provided by another Mercy
    Resurrect
        Ultimate charge cost increased by 30%
        Movement is no longer prevented during activation
        Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use

Developer Notes: Mercy's ultimate is one of the most powerful abilities in the game; however, players would often fly into the fray and die while using it. With this update, Resurrect will now take a bit longer to charge, but Mercy will be a lot safer when activating the ability in the middle of combat. In addition, we always intended Mercy’s Damage Boost beam to be her primary method for dealing damage, but it often felt so weak that you were better off pulling out your blaster. To help address this, we've slightly increased its potency.

Roadhog

Whole Hog
        Ultimate cost increased by 45%

Soldier: 76

Heavy Pulse Rifle
        Spread recovery will begin after a short delay (rather than instantly)
    Tactical Visor

Zenyatta

Base shields increased by 50 (now 50 Health/150 Shield)
    Orb of Discord and Orb of Harmony
        Projectile speed has been increased from 30 to 120
    Transcendence
        Movement speed is now doubled upon activation
        Healing amount increased from 200 to 300 health per second

Developer Notes: While Zenyatta has never had the healing abilities of Lúcio or Mercy, he made up for it by dealing more damage. However, his lack of mobility and low health has meant he’s struggled to find a place in many games. To increase his effectiveness, we've made several changes, the biggest of which is an increased shield pool. This will allow him to go head-to-head with more enemies. The Orb of Harmony and Discord changes are also a quality of life change, helping Zenyatta move his orbs around and apply their effects more quickly. And lastly, we’ve increased Transcendence’s healing throughput. This ultimate was designed to be the most effective against sustained, high-damage fire and least effective against short, high-damage bursts (like D.Va’s or Junkrat's ultimates). But, due to the amount of healing it provided, there were times when it was possible for even sustained fire to overcome Transcendence’s output. We’ve made the heal powerful and also allowed Zenyatta to move around more quickly while it’s active.

UI UPDATES

Game Options

Players can now enter numerical values for any option that also has slider (e.g. FoV, volume, sensitivity, etc.)
    Controls
        Mouse sensitivity can now be adjusted out to two decimals
    Gameplay
        Mid-match tips can now be toggled on or off (this will enable/disable tips that pop up after a player dies)
    Social
        Friend Request toasts can now be toggled on or off
        Friend notifications can now be toggled on or off
        Whispers can now be toggled on or off
    Video
        Added 21:9 aspect ratio support
        Players can now enable a real-world clock by toggling the "Display System Clock" setting

Social Features

Certain commendations will now appear less frequently during end-of-round voting (e.g. Zenyatta’s Transcendence Healing and Zarya’s Projected Barriers Applied)

BUG FIXES

General

The Hero Gallery now remembers the last hero you were looking at and will properly highlight that hero whenever returning to the gallery
    Fixed a bug that caused the “payload is nearing its final destination” music to continue playing even after the match was over
    Fixed a bug that caused the UI to disappear whenever the game was forced into windowed mode by an external application
    Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause visual healing effects to appear on the wrong hero whenever multiple players attempted to up a Health Pack
    Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause different heroes’ victory poses to clip into each other
    Fixed several lighting issues with the killcam

Maps

The payload on King’s Row will no longer retreat back inside its starting location if the attacking team fails to push it
    Adjusted the Hero Select screen volume for the attacking team on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
    Added Spectator camera collision to most maps
    Fixed issues with player collision across multiple maps
    Fixed issues with ambient lighting and shadows across multiple maps

Heroes

Fixed a bug that caused D.Va to sometimes ignore player collision when summoning her mech
    Fixed a bug where Mei’s Ice Wall would persist in the game world even after the player switched heroes or left the game
    Fixed even more bugs that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Reinhardt’s Barrier Field to get stuck in the “on” position if the player used the “Toggle Barrier” setting
    Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Roadhog to accidentally Chain Hook targets standing behind him
    Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s Barrier Projector shield to ignore the “Sound Effects Volume” setting
Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:13:54 pm by Girard
#106  July 12, 2016, 09:36:54 pm
Wow her gameplay breakdown looks even better than I thought... I'm loving her already, gonna use her alongside Widow for sure :D

She looks to be scary in the right hands with her abilities (especially the sleep dart and her ult), though if someone finds her she'll have a hard time making out alive since she doesn't have nearly as much mobility as Widow or Hanzo it seems.

Zenyatta

Base shields increased by 50 (now 50 Health/150 Shield)
    Orb of Discord and Orb of Harmony
        Projectile speed has been increased from 30 to 120
    Transcendence
        Movement speed is now doubled upon activation
        Healing amount increased from 200 to 300 health per second

Oh thank the lord! I've always felt 150 health was so little for him in this game... the other buffs are welcome too.

Also liked the buff to McCree, it wasn't until the nerf that I realised that it's tricky to hit all the bullets at longer than very short distances. D.Va's buffs are good too, maybe she will be used more now... Mercy's are understandable, glad they made her damage boost more useful.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#107  July 12, 2016, 09:45:20 pm
    • USA
Seems weird to show her on top of the gateway in Anubis in her trailer when she can't get their in actual gameplay also wow Roadhog gets 20% of his ult from one self heal.
#108  July 13, 2016, 03:48:40 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Wow, Ana looks really cool.  I'm complete rubbish with sniper-type characters in pretty much every game, so I'm sure I'll be terrible with her too, but I still can't wait to try her out.
#109  July 13, 2016, 07:21:58 am
Man, Ana is too much fun... her tools are just so good, and that ult... oh my god is it good, tanks seem to take so much advantage of it since they take less damage and walk way faster. Definitely gonna main her, she's so good.

Also, D.Va's buff to her ult is really good, much easier to kill people with it now. A lot of the Potgs that had a D.Va player was her killing 3 or more players with it, it's great. Her shield buff is awesome too.

Wow, Ana looks really cool.  I'm complete rubbish with sniper-type characters in pretty much every game, so I'm sure I'll be terrible with her too, but I still can't wait to try her out.

From my experience so far, the fact that there's no "headshots" to her bullets makes her a easier to play in this regard... it's her other tools that you gotta know very well when to use.
#110  July 15, 2016, 03:33:02 am
    • USA
Wow, PTR is a shitshow right now.  Every fucking game I'm either dropped into a team with all Ana's or the entire other team is all Ana's.  Like, I get that people are excited to try the new character, but fucking hell.
#111  July 15, 2016, 06:02:49 am
    • Puerto Rico
Really, this is normal.
People have always flocked to the new thing in every game. Why did you expect otherwise to happen?
#112  July 15, 2016, 06:16:26 am
    • USA
That maybe at least one person out of a hundred would realize you can't win a game with a team that is simultaneously all healers and all snipers.  >_>
#113  July 15, 2016, 11:05:25 am
    • Puerto Rico
You're giving too much faith to randoms.
#114  July 15, 2016, 11:35:46 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
At least it isn't mass Tracer. :P
#115  July 15, 2016, 12:45:55 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Next one it seems

#116  July 15, 2016, 07:00:15 pm
Wow, PTR is a shitshow right now.  Every fucking game I'm either dropped into a team with all Ana's or the entire other team is all Ana's.  Like, I get that people are excited to try the new character, but fucking hell.

Nah I'm having fun with this... it's to be expected too and besides, it's PTR so like it's less important than quick play (in my opinion, because no progress there is saved for the normal servers).

If you're having a problem with this though you can always try out the competitive mode, since the one big change there is that teams are not allowed to have 2 of the same characters anymore.
#117  July 16, 2016, 11:26:25 am
    • Puerto Rico

Damn, how am I going to top this performance?

Been playing Zarya recently. It's particularly amusing how some people don't seem to realize that they're helping me by continuing to shoot at me when my barrier is still up. But she really demands that you pay attention to everything near you so you can put your barriers at the right time to charge up your gun. She's rather weak until she gets a good charge, but high power Zarya melts heroes like crazy.
#118  July 17, 2016, 03:09:52 am
Yesterday I had an epiphany, I can't believe how long it took to realise it since I play both characters... Roadhog is McCree but better in pretty every way.

McCree has a short range stun move, Roadhog's goes much further and pulls the enemy close. McCree's peacekeeper does a lot of damage with all his six bullets, Roadhog can nearly instant kill anyone that's not a tank with one shot from his left or right click (if you do right click -> hook -> left click -> melee attack it can almost kill tanks). McCree only has a 1/3 of Roadhog's health, and the latter can heal himself. The only thing McCree has that Roadhog doesn't is his roll which is a nice thing, but still doesn't make that much of a difference.

Man it's no wonder no one plays him anymore ever since the nerf, sure it was needed, but now there's just a better version of him (that got buffed too due to self heal abilities generating ult meter). I still like to play him, but sometimes it can be really hard to do so in ranked (especially when my team mates complain about it)... hoping this new buff helps him a bit :V

Also had no idea how few people play Mei in general... damn she is right down there with Zenyatta atm, but at least the latter will get used more considering he'll get tons of buffs. I find it funny how some people in the forums call her OP, when it's just that she's a frustrating character sometimes.

Been playing Zarya recently. It's particularly amusing how some people don't seem to realize that they're helping me by continuing to shoot at me when my barrier is still up. But she really demands that you pay attention to everything near you so you can put your barriers at the right time to charge up your gun. She's rather weak until she gets a good charge, but high power Zarya melts heroes like crazy.

Yeah I legitmately think that a good amount of players don't know about this characteristic of her shields, some people just keep shooting at me as well.

If you do plan on maining her, be aware that there's more cooldown on one of her shields (I forget which, I think it's the one you give to one of your team mates). Also, I strategy I have with her is that unless the situation is being really bad, don't use both shields at the same time... it's always great to have good balance between each use of a shield, so that after you use one, you use the other after some time has passed, and you can wait less to use the former again.

Also I think the max amount of energy received by shield is 50, seems like every time it reaches that amount, the shield just disappears. Not sure if the damage is the cap is the same though (for instance, Reinhardt's projectile gives you 50% energy, and the attack itself does 100 pts of damage, it just feels like the shield can absorb a lot more damage but then again I'm not entirely sure about the damage cap).
#119  July 17, 2016, 03:19:44 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
You know, I had the same feeling as well. Roadhog definitely feels like a much better version of McCree and I didn't want to believe it but it's true... I also like that people are starting to see how good Zarya is when it comes to small tanking groups and helping out physically and shield wise. She can really clutch it in when she needs to, and she's one of my mains along side Mei (I know people find her annoying but she's my favorite hero to play with).
#120  July 17, 2016, 10:35:38 pm
Blizzard should seriously punish rage quitters a lot harder because the exp decrease isn't enough, make these insufferable bastards not able to play the game for a month or something.

I mean not only will your team be incomplete (hence impossible to win the match), you lose rank exp as if there were no rage quitters on your side, it's infuriating.