YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 549602 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#241  September 20, 2016, 03:56:28 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yea, Widow is kinda garbage now. You know, maybe we should consider us PS4 guys having a group together
#242  September 20, 2016, 06:30:54 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I would be okay with that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#243  September 22, 2016, 09:01:36 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#244  September 23, 2016, 03:15:00 am
  • The Goddess Returns
That's...not even a buff.
That doesn't even remotely help her at all! Stop fucking thinking about the PC already and give her some actual fucking buffs.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#245  September 24, 2016, 07:09:18 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
That doesn't even remotely help her at all! Stop fucking thinking about the PC already and give her some actual fucking buffs.

Uhm yes it is a buff, the main complaint Widow mains have is that the current scope animation makes her very clunky with the nerf she got.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:17:23 am by DelusionTrim
#246  September 25, 2016, 02:44:24 am
  • The Goddess Returns

Uhm yes it is a buff, the main complaint Widow mains have is that the current scope animation makes her very clunky with the nerf she got.

It's a buff that mainly helps PC players at large and doesn't help console players that much. And it ultimately does not solve the NUMEROUS problems Widowmaker has.
That's mainly why I said stop thinking about PC because that feels more like something for PC only.

And I've been playing Overwatch for a week and I'm having alot of fun now. Finally got used to being able to shoot well rather than shoot wildly and hoping to hit someone at times.

#247  September 25, 2016, 02:58:02 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Yeah Blizzard should stop thinking about the platform that the overwhelming majority of their player base plays on.
#248  September 25, 2016, 05:58:15 am

It's a buff that mainly helps PC players at large and doesn't help console players that much. And it ultimately does not solve the NUMEROUS problems Widowmaker has.
That's mainly why I said stop thinking about PC because that feels more like something for PC only.

And I've been playing Overwatch for a week and I'm having alot of fun now. Finally got used to being able to shoot well rather than shoot wildly and hoping to hit someone at times.

Okay but what kind of buffs would she have to get to specifically help console players? This really isn't something that's easy to solve now is it, and AFAIK she wasn't even considered good on console before the nerf, bringing her pre-nerf status back would probably not do much.

Really disagree with the "stop thinking about PC" mentality because as Duos said, the majority of the playerbase plays the PC version, they can't just ignore it. Hell if they had this mentality then this buff would probably not even be given to her at all despite it being one the main things Widow mains wanted.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#249  September 25, 2016, 06:32:58 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Yeah Blizzard should stop thinking about the platform that the overwhelming majority of their player base plays on.

I said "Stop thinking ONLY about the PC version" not stop thinking completely about the PC version...

Okay but what kind of buffs would she have to get to specifically help console players? This really isn't something that's easy to solve now is it, and AFAIK she wasn't even considered good on console before the nerf, bringing her pre-nerf status back would probably not do much.

Really disagree with the "stop thinking about PC" mentality because as Duos said, the majority of the playerbase plays the PC version, they can't just ignore it. Hell if they had this mentality then this buff would probably not even be given to her at all despite it being one the main things Widow mains wanted.

Is it any more harder compared to how to buff some of the other characters who desperately need something out of their niche as well? And considering console players are getting something to help with their aiming, that's already something right there. My point is that the scope buff helps, but it helps more for PC players since they can take far better advantage due to the weird pace Blizzard has done with the sensitivity of the console game compared to other games like it(Where you can still play pretty well but not exactly like a K&M player in games like Halo or CoD due to getting the sensitivity right.)

#250  September 25, 2016, 08:22:46 pm
Anyone watching the Overwatch tournament going on now? Damn Seagull is soooo good with Mei, that strategy to put a wall to elevate his team and catch Team Splyce by surprise was ameizing, and that ult to cover the last point was great.

Man I should really play her more in ranked, I remember I did so well with her in Season 1 and I haven't touched her in Season 2 ranked yet... should definitely come back to using her.

Is it any more harder compared to how to buff some of the other characters who desperately need something out of their niche as well? And considering console players are getting something to help with their aiming, that's already something right there. My point is that the scope buff helps, but it helps more for PC players since they can take far better advantage due to the weird pace Blizzard has done with the sensitivity of the console game compared to other games like it(Where you can still play pretty well but not exactly like a K&M player in games like Halo or CoD due to getting the sensitivity right.)

Okay but again what kind of buffs would she need to be significantly better on console if aiming is the main thing that makes her a threat? Balancing snipers isn't exactly an easy task.
Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:28:48 pm by DelusionTrim
#251  October 01, 2016, 07:59:47 pm
Anyone played this week's brawl? It's pretty insane, matches get so crazy with the reduced cooldowns along with double health... it's the most fun weekly brawl I've had in a while :D

At least I can use Junkrat's double jump there, it's pretty awesome.
#252  October 01, 2016, 08:42:37 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Until you face a team of Meis

Hope you don't mind them walling everything and going into their iceblock all the time.

And Ana putting everyone to sleep
#253  October 01, 2016, 09:20:05 pm
Since I'm a Mei player it doesn't bother me so much to fight Meis in this brawl... but I know I'm pretty much the only one who feels this way heh.

There was this skirmish where an Ana was putting me to sleep repeatedly, couldn't do anything about it... heard that if she puts you to sleep multiple times it can make you leave the game due to inactivity, that can't be fun.
#254  October 01, 2016, 10:10:16 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I somehow witnessed my brother in this Week's Brawl do Winston's Ultimate, and when it ended, he instantly got another Ultimate.

This got PotG, and he got some hatemail from it since people suspected him of cheating.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#255  October 02, 2016, 09:11:41 am
  • The Goddess Returns
From what I heard, if Winston knocks people over but they die from the fall damage after his Ult ends, he gains enough meter to redo his Ult again.

I heard someone state that before when they did it.

#256  October 03, 2016, 05:58:47 am
Welp finally came to my senses and played Mei in competitive... first match in Ilios, 55 eliminations which is something I haven't achieved yet with any character I think (maybe except Zarya and Roadhog). I should definitely play her more, she was my most played character in season 1 ranked until I learned Roadhog in later rankings, I really feel like I can still make a difference in matches whenever I play her and use her kit well, and with her ult buff it makes stalling/capturing the objective so much more effective.

Only played 3 ranked matches with her, and I lost two... but even in those I still did a good job, in particular the third one was so close for my team to win (it went 2-3) but there was a Tracer from the other team doing work and she was very overwhelming.

From what I heard, if Winston knocks people over but they die from the fall damage after his Ult ends, he gains enough meter to redo his Ult again.

I heard someone state that before when they did it.

Yeah environmental kills gives a lot of ult charge IIRC, it's pretty good for character like Lucio.
#257  October 07, 2016, 06:25:38 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/07/halloween-event-appears-leaked-overwatch-includes-themed-loot-boxes/
A Halloween event appears to have leaked ahead of time for Overwatch players on Xbox One,  with a look at a Halloween-themed Loot Box, featuring new cosmetic items.

Based on what we see, it looks like Overwatch’s Halloween event will be similar to what we had in their Summer Games event, with a themed items from the Halloween Loot Boxes.

Here’s the full description:
    Celebrate Halloween with some frightening treats for our heroes during a new event: Overwatch Halloween Terror! 

Trick out your collection by picking up Halloween Loot Boxes, available for a limited time*. Every Loot Box contains up to four cosmetic items, including at least one Halloween skin, spray, highlight intro, emote, victory pose, player icon, voice line, or credits that you can use to unlock other items. More than 100 Halloween items are waiting to be unwrapped!

If your Halloween Loot Box contains an item that is already in your collection, you will instead receive coins.     

*Halloween Loot Boxes are available to purchase or earn in-game until 11/1/16 at 4pm PT.
Oh boy can't wait to not get the one thing i want from the event like last time
#258  October 08, 2016, 09:25:06 pm
#259  October 09, 2016, 02:59:34 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm more interested in the sentence above Hacker Laura's picture.
#260  October 09, 2016, 03:49:33 am
Darkflare did I just fight you in ranked? Your name was there, the fight was on illios and I was Zen, was it you? I know you play OW on PS4 but I'm not sure if you do on PC.

Edit: the sentence above her picture is likely the brawl we're gonna get... similar to Lucio ball I think, stage will likely be Eichenwalde because it mentions a castle, no idea about the "zombie omnics" though (maybe Bastion/Zen will get a skin?) and the "three different difficulties" sounds like some sort of an AI fight, really curious about it all.
Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:55:46 am by DelusionTrim