YesNoOk

LOL mods (Read 48510 times)

Started by Daimond Fighter, February 29, 2008, 01:37:35 am
Re: LOL mods
#61  March 15, 2008, 02:03:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
who knew this thread would turn crazy kindergarten palmpainting judging from the first post's context ?
Me. :P

Problem is, mods can try whatever solution, it's impossible to please everybody. Enforcing rules like Baiken is a solution, but too many people would see it as too harsh, mean, etc. Being laxist and waiting for very bad situations to happen before acting is another, but then again, those who think laws should be enforced would be angry.
This forum is huge, therefore "elitists" (you know what I mean) are placed in the middle of common users who just want to get stuff for their Mugen game and chat a little bit and other n00bs who act silly and childish. Enforce laws and it becomes tyranny, be laxist and it becomes zizanie (dunno the english term exactly).
Why do forums such as RandomSelect or InfinityMugen have no "BIG" problems : simply because more or less all their members behave the same way and have the same mentallity, siimple as that. It's not the case here, and you can do nothing about that.
#62  March 15, 2008, 02:20:57 pm
    • Germany
I think his "big lol preparations" are making you all argue about his completely pointless points, just so he can say lol you argued in the end :yesgoi:
#63  March 15, 2008, 02:24:57 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"I won cuz you argued with me and wasted your time lolololol"? That would be even more childish.
#64  March 15, 2008, 02:26:20 pm
    • Germany
even more, yes. just stop arguing. all his posts sound like he's purposefully trying to confuse everyone with complete nonsense arguments
#65  March 15, 2008, 02:32:22 pm
I knew many Elites whose project stopped because members stopped working

[size=5pt]now arguing is broken with the obvious[/size]
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#66  March 16, 2008, 02:36:36 am
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
No, you just don't give any damn backstory or prologue or anything like that so we know what the hell it is you're babbling about because you just randomly started bitching about something.

Unless your objective is to cause confusion amongst others, there is no point in continuing this.
Well, in that case, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about, and could give our friend here some insight, seeing as it was this incident that lost you any credibility you'll ever have in life.  Therefore your role in this thread is made of shit and fail.  Now GTFO.

LOL
Yes, quite full of lol this whole situation is!  I got you to admit that your presence in this thread is to make matters worse.  I mean, I thought you said you had no clue what I'm talking about?

Wow, I actually thought he went to sleep the first time, yet there he is again. Guess this thread is that serious.

http://xkcd.com/386/

Not good for people's sanity on the long term
SERYOUS business.

I have learned my lesson and totally agree with Sol Badguy Z. I'm tired of being a kindergartener!
Actually, I need to see you after class.  I gave you an F on your test for coloring outside of the paper.

Still waiting for him to tell us how to fix it. Got a couple of people saying "you're all shit stop being mods" but there's no indication that there's any method of doing it better. There aren't that many rules to enforce. Yet when we attempt to DO so, we get attacked for it.

Awaiting next shouting match...
It's really, really quite simple, but I'll give everyone some space to let this sink in, since if there's a bunch of instances of people yelling at you for something you did, there's obviously a missing circuit in the main logical drive.....

Ready yet?  K.  Here's how you fix things:

STOP FUCKING DOING IT.

Yes, you just heard the fast, free, simple way of avoiding unnecessary problems down the road.  If you did something, and people say it was bad, stop doing it.  Easy, right?  Do we need to make several fucking threads in the feedback forum every time a got damned problem shows up?  Will you hear no advice from any-fucking-where else?  MUST there be discussion of EVERY SINGLE ISSUE that pops up so that a group of assclowns and vote on the issue ONLY to wind up at a conclusion that leaves it the fucking same?  There's a phrase at HerV describing perfectly the example provided in that last sentence:  "Niggas can't get nothin done." 

It's obvious that I'm right, lest you wouldn't even have a fucking "rare" (what the fuck) "modified creations" section - which is funny, all the crap I said to pots through IM went directly over his pointy head except the idea of said forum which took me merely a second to think up, and even then, he had to fucking make a thread about discussing the damned thing to get the okay, despite the fact that IT'S MORE FUCKING EFFICIENT.  NO ONE CAN COMPLAIN, other than jackass creators who merely took an existing character and gave him one extra pexil on his pallete, who has misconceptions on just how awesome his modification really is!  Beh, back to the current reply....

If there aren't many rules to enforce, but you get yelled at for doing so, MAYBE THEY FUCKING SUCK.  There really isn't much more I have on my mind to say that isn't just loud yelling and bashing of your inefficiency, and I'm gonna eventually take your rule's thread, break it down, and tear it apart so that you can see just how full of fail it really is later when I'm not feeling so lazy, so moving on. 

Still waiting for him to tell us how to fix it.
The general idea seems to be just letting people kill each other in these boards, 4chan style and whatnot, moderating only when something actually threatens the forum (hacks etc).
It's interesting how he suggests the opposite of what Byakko says, yet used his name to justify his arguments.
It took you a month to figure this out, and repeat/relay this to others, and you STILL got it wrong.  4chan is a little too harsh, but even if I was implying this, where's the problem?  Verbal assaults never killed anybody.

Which takes me to my next point, the interesting langauge you use

(early prediction of next attempt to zing me:)

Mugenfag said:
It's called English

(reentering reply)

Allowing people to kill eachother?  The exaggeration there is just astounding!  Who ever gets totally hurt over stuff said over the internet?  If they do, why?  Is it worth defending this guy's reason to not be insulted/receive flak?  How many mods do we have here again?  How many proxies do we have?  How many users do we have?  Consider the mod to user ratio, amount of complaints, the amount of assholes, and the rules themselves.  Wouldn't it be so much better to come back from work one day with nothing to do but work on your personal projects rather than teach that mean old nasty internet toughguy a lesson?  Wanna know how you can have those days?  Here's how......

STOP DOING IT!!!!!!! D: <<<<

If tiny words on a bright monitor can move a person in some negative ways, maybe it's not the words that need fixing.  KILL YOURSELF........ is a phrase that you guys so hate being uttered here.  But you know what?  If one of your users actually killed themselves over some asshole saying this, who's really to blame?  WHO FUCKING KNOWS what else that fucking suicidal bitch could've been convinced of doing, other than just becoming an hero.  The world is better off.  Salute his death, or turn a blind eye, there's nothing you could've done.

And me mentioning Byakko:  I mentioned him because he's an angry angry ass man.  I would've put a third angry, but that would just make him angrier.  Let me also note, the standard idiot human error of judgement in deciding to discard all information from a source after it has been discovered that said points were delivered in maliciousness.  If I said I were trolling you all the entire time in this thread, MOST LIKELY, regardless of whether they had any merit at all, even indirectly, you'll shrug off every fucking thing I said, lock and delete the thread, and forget the thing ever existed, which is very, very retarded.  What Byakko says in his sig that I also sigged myself stands true, even though I don't know what it is that made him say it in the first place.  I really dont even care what it was he said.  It works best for MY beef with YOU guys.  And that's all that counts.  Remember what I said about getting caught up in tone/certai details, rather than just the fucking point?  STOP FAILING!!!  D: <

who knew this thread would turn crazy kindergarten palmpainting judging from the first post's context ?

Way to beat a dead horse.  But fine, I'll reply with the same comeback I've been using:  Seeing that the thread was created in a kindergarten, how could you NOT have known?  LOOK, you're playing with oversized lego blocks as we speak! :O

I'm getting my BA and my head hurts reading those posts. But using my combination of Political Science studies with my English Creative Writing abilities, I shall attempt to respond to what is legible in the most intelligent way possible.
Let's see if it's any match for my non conforming unfounded style of debating.. :D

Control basically all aspects of discussion/expression through crappy rules and uproars caused by mods themselves, who then retreat to their high counsel to speak of banishment over a thread split that one of their own caused (or helped cause) themselves?
Crappy Rules? The only rules I see are "be civil" unless that's a crime.
How does one NOT be civil over the internet?  Fighting with words is just as effective as both sides trying to will eachother out of existence.  Besides, there's actually other dumber shit in there.  Don't lie?  XD  Be polite?  XO  How about I do one very extremely, and be brutally honest?  Or be politely insulting?  Or neither!  I think I'll go with that.  But maybe you're right, there's not much in there, I may just be overwhelmed by how vehemently they're enforced.

Oh, and freedom of speech?  Wait a second, I also can't put in red letters at the end of every post I make about banning myself?  You so whacky wah!
There's a difference between expressing what you want and running around trying to make a point as loudly and annoyingly as possible
I win this one. 

Are there not "agents" (repeat reporters) running around getting butthurt over the mildest of comments, only to retreat back to the master program to inform them that there's a breech in the system that could cause an network wide collapse?  Holy shit, this:
Because we all know everyone takes Laxxe seriously  ::)
Who the fuck is Laxxie?  And obviously someone does, as someone's actually fulfilling them, right?

Oh wait, you were waiting for a response for that previous quote, right?  Oh, well.....  "Annoying" differs from person to person, and isn't grounds for punishment, at least not in that case.  I mean, again, words.  Whoever's effected by them to the point where they'r driven to cause negativity is the thing one SHOULD be concerned about.  Freedom of speech is just that.  If I fucking feel like stating I'm banning myself, then I'll friggin' say it.  I actually did everyone a favor and not put it in my actual sig, which is another thing I've noticed a while back - people bitching over FONTS/font colors being put into their sigs, and being supported by the mods!!!  Really, is that even fucking necessary to complain about?  How about you don't read the shit?  Yeah, how about that?

The fact that you used such negative remarks as details about the movie gives me the impression you focused more on that particular aspect of the post.  Overrated, maybe.  But so what?  There's a point made, and it fits perfectly.  Control without the feeling of being controled.  Yeah, fits perfectly.
No it's not a good point at all! If you're making a comparison, it's pretty bad.
I would say I win this one too, but you're not very descriptive here.  Maybe we're not enslaved, but they're in control, they're displaying the attributes of the classic mugen age (which took them 3 - 4 years to figure out the shit was indeed wrong, much like what people like ME have been telling them from the fucking start - yes, I was here that long ago, thus displaying that even back then, everything I said was right) mentality, they set forth rules that are enforced in such a way that it limits one's ability to express themselves (only in futility, keeping themselves busy unnecessarily) to the point of oppression.  Oppression, control, machines, the program, the Matrix, the end. 

Gavok actually has an entire site where he bashes them all in more detail, though not necessarily for that sole purpose, cuz you know, he's got better things to do than browse a site's measily single thread and go off about it on his site, adding detail where there was none in order to prove a point.
:o
I meant to say that Gavok has an entire site (comma), where he speaks of said mugen matters in more detail (focus point) in his entry(ies), bashing them all to holy hell (sidenote).

Me. :P

Problem is, mods can try whatever solution, it's impossible to please everybody. Enforcing rules like Baiken is a solution, but too many people would see it as too harsh, mean, etc. Being laxist and waiting for very bad situations to happen before acting is another, but then again, those who think laws should be enforced would be angry.
This forum is huge, therefore "elitists" (you know what I mean) are placed in the middle of common users who just want to get stuff for their Mugen game and chat a little bit and other n00bs who act silly and childish. Enforce laws and it becomes tyranny, be laxist and it becomes zizanie (dunno the english term exactly).
Why do forums such as RandomSelect or InfinityMugen have no "BIG" problems : simply because more or less all their members behave the same way and have the same mentallity, siimple as that. It's not the case here, and you can do nothing about that.
And here's how you missed the bowl.  No matter how large this site is, HerV was much, much larger (prediction:  jump on the fact that I said "was" and I'll direct you to SRK which is completely similar, and overflowing with gay, and give you a prompt STFU stamp in your ass) and did not "suffer" from anything.  There have periods of utter we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten yearsry.  All the negativity anyone has ever shown to that site has only been met with the damned thing getting even more popular.  Matter of fact, I don't know why I even mentioned the SRK bit, we slowly began losing users when the we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten yearsry periods became shorter and shorter, and then the _______ was made hidden to stop leechers from joining the site for that sole purpose of abusing that.

And members of a community having the same mentality makes a forum stable?  You fucking kidding me?  Mugens' a special case.  If we of HerV and you guys of Guild ever agreed that we'd meet in real life to duke it out amongst eachother, two hills representing each side, and a battlefield between them, neither side would ever meet in the battlefield, but there will damn sure be battling - you Guild members will watch in awe as that cohesive unit you thought was coming to kick your ass annihilates itself like a got damned Autobot/Decepticon war where everyone was against everbody.  It has been said many many times, that if HerV ever met HerV, there would be hell to pay.  So get that bullshit idea of there being a general mindset among the users of any site.

I think his "big lol preparations" are making you all argue about his completely pointless points, just so he can say lol you argued in the end :yesgoi:
And I actually think you'd be dumb enough to shrug off all my points just because I called you an idiot.  By the way, your computer is pink, your dress is yellow, you have a dog, cat, 7 sisters, 8 brothers, two moms, 8 fathers, 3 minivans parked in the garage of your ivory terrace with water fountains scattered about your property, a golden dome covers your manor in order to defend against nuclear attack, it never rains where you live, and all women that enter the area become fertile.

"I won cuz you argued with me and wasted your time lolololol"? That would be even more childish.

Even more childish than what?  This place?  Impossible.

even more, yes. just stop arguing. all his posts sound like he's purposefully trying to confuse everyone with complete nonsense arguments
Just getting my fun in in compensation before actually giving you guys something to discuss, allowing the opportunity for it to be shot down as your verdict decides everything needs to stay the same despite my ways being a loads more efficient.  There's nothing to discuss, just do it.  Seeing as even junk is removed from the junk forum, even a compromise like, hey, a rage forum, where nothing anyone can say there would be considered grounds for banishment, and you get to see exactly what your cohorts are like when the viel is lifted, would be shot down.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:52:36 am by Sol Badguy Z
#67  March 16, 2008, 02:38:43 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
oh ok
#68  March 16, 2008, 02:40:58 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
tmfl;dmfr
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#69  March 16, 2008, 02:41:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
holy crap that post was seriously tl;dr. I mean I saw stuff that was tl;dr before but this just makes them look like a stanza of a poem. At this point all I can say is "I win this one" is a terrible, terrible response.
#70  March 16, 2008, 02:43:42 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
What the heck kind of night is this HAHA

This must be your master plan you had =p

Since I make a comic the coloring outside the line thing hurt hehe

That was way to long to read, and I'm simply not going to argue with you about it so I'll say you are right and call it a night.
#71  March 16, 2008, 02:45:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I read it whole.
My eyes are bleeding.
#72  March 16, 2008, 02:46:35 am
  • Gotta go fast!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
Sorry if this is off topic, but where is it?
Signature by my pal, Signature Queen TempesT!!

#73  March 16, 2008, 02:47:53 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#74  March 16, 2008, 02:49:29 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
That makes all of hjk's posts look like a front cover featured article summary.
#75  March 16, 2008, 02:50:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
HerVerts are like Haruhi fans. They'll force their ideas down your throat until you like it. Or you become like me.
#76  March 16, 2008, 02:52:33 am
anyone claiming to have read it: sum it up in 20 words or less

Thank U
#77  March 16, 2008, 02:52:44 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I mostly saw "stop fucking doing it"

Ok, so we have people saying lock things, and other people saying don't lock them.
People who hate requests and people who like them.
People who are anti one rule and people who love it.

"Stop fucking doing it" is not a solution.

You come up with a way to make everyone happy. Not just the very small vocal portion.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#78  March 16, 2008, 02:54:08 am
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#79  March 16, 2008, 02:54:32 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#80  March 16, 2008, 02:55:44 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
No moderation, fast reaction only, more action instead of voting and discussing matters, throwing lots of insults in order to sound zany.
8^U