The Mugen Fighters Guild
M.U.G.E.N Central => FullGame development => Famicom Fighters => Topic started by: KingPepe2010 on July 03, 2014, 07:58:38 PM
(yeah this is sort of a repost from the poll but this is basically a progress thread for Bomberman)
Representative of: Hudson Soft
First Game: Bomberman (1985 port in Japan)
Playstyle: Highly damaging character with his traps.
-Scary damage output.
-Tons of knockdown options to help him set up bombs.
-Has ranged attacks that are unaffected by projectiles.
-Several anti-airs that can help keep the opponent from getting too close.
-Only special move that can be chained into and out of (while comboing properly) sacrifices Bomberman's health. His juggles are where most of his damage output comes from.
-Only reversal requires him to sacrifice health.
-Specials hit indirectly, require specific conditions to connect or are just plain risky.
-Poking game isn't entirely great, his pokes are either too short compared to others or have a bit of startup.
- High Kick (Back + Kick) - Long-ranged anti-air; goes over crouching opponents.
- Bomb Lay (D, DF, F, Punch or Kick) - Bomberman puts a bomb on the ground that blows up after several seconds. Holding backwards keeps the bomb in the same position while holding forwards or no direction will have him roll it along the ground. (Forwards will have him roll it farther) On hit, the bomb can launch the opponent upwards. The bomb itself bypasses anything but is unable to make contact until it explodes.
- Bombs Away (B, D, DB, Punch or Kick; can be done in the air) - Bomberman tosses a bomb in an arc. Holding forwards or backwards will determine the arc it flies in. The attack button you press will determine the bomb's timer. (Kick has a much shorter timer) The bomb itself bypasses anything but is unable to make contact until it explodes.
- Air Strike (F, D, DF, Punch or Kick) -Anti-air special; Bomberman jumps forward with his hand out and if he grabs an opponent, he'll toss them onto the ground with a bomb and it'll explode upon hitting the ground. Has some invincibility in the beginning. Can only grab opponents in the air. Will get beaten out by other attacks once the invincibility wears off.
- Self Destruct (F, DF, D, DB, B, Punch or Kick) -Bomberman whips out a bomb, holds it up and it explodes in his face. Bomberman is invincible during the whole start-up of this move and this move can connect after a basic attack. Every time it's used, Bomberman ends up losing health. This move is not safe on block.
- EX Bomb Lay (D, DF, F, Select+Punch) - The bomb is only laid on the ground but does not explode on it's own. Pressing Select+A will cause the bomb to explode instead. The bomb itself can be detonated at any time, even when you have no control.
- EX Bomb Toss (B, D, DB, Select+Attack) - Bomberman tosses one close bomb that detonates shortly and one far bomb that takes a bit longer to detonate. Holding down before the toss reverses the distances of the bomb.
- EX Air Strike (F, D, DF, Select+Punch) - Starts up faster, travels farther than the Punch version (but less than the Kick version) and has some invincibility.
- Raging Flame (Level 1) (D, DF, F, DF, D, DB, B, Punch) - Bomberman gains a flame powerup and plants a bomb. It explodes and shoots a flame across the stage and one to the top of the screen. Good to use as an anti-air and avoids projectiles. Only level 1 super that can be chained into.
- Fuse Lighter (Level 1) (D, DB, B, DB, D, DF, F, Punch) - Bomberman puts on a vest and holds out a bomb in front of him. Upon getting hit, the bomb blows up on both him and the opponent although Bomberman is left undamaged. The bomb will still blow up after a certain amount of time and the explosion can hit but it leaves Bomberman open.
- Destruction (Level 3) (F, DF, D, DB, B, Punch + Kick) - Bomberman shoulder charges the opponent and on hit, grabs them, tosses them into a pit that appears out of nowhere that's filled with enemies, and then tosses a few bombs into the pit, making them explode on the opponent. The charge comes out super fast, has invincibility at the beginning and is projectile-invincible throughout the whole charge. Horribly unsafe on whiff or block.
- Standing - Runs at the opponent. If he grabs (blockable) the opponent, he sticks a bomb in their hands and then runs off. The bomb itself will explode right on the opponent. (1/3 of the helper bar)
- Crouching - Black Bomberman places down a bomb and then kicks it. Unlike Bomberman's bombs, if this makes contact with anything, it'll explode. (It'll also explode upon landing) (1/3 of the helper bar)
- Standing - Creates a pit in front of him. If the opponent falls in, they reappear at the top and hit the ground. The opponent can be hit before they fall. (1/2 of the helper bar)
- Crouching - Climbs on the top of the screen and if he lines up with the opponent, he falls down and stomps on them. (1/3 of the helper bar)
- Standing - Tosses a knife at the opponent that knocks down on hit. (1/3 of the helper bar)
- Crouching - Takes out the POWER UP sword and swings it at the opponent, causing them to fly back and wall bounce. (1/3 of the helper bar)
1 - Default
2 - 2P Bomberman from Bomberman 2
3 - 3P Bomberman from Bomberman 2
4 - Milk (Nuts & Milk)
5 - Lode Runner robot
6 - Male penguin from Binary Land
Seems like a pretty spiffy and well though out character. I personally prefer his right form more, makes him look a bit more badass.
Here's Bomberman's possible final stance animation:
Here's Bomberman's possible final stance animation (yeah I accidentally blew his sprite up):
The eyes aren't exactly final, I might stick with those or use the Bomberman 1-like eyes.
im loving this!
Stick with Bomberman 2's eyes. The first ones don't look right in a way that makes me feel a bit paranoid looking at them. (No Offense)
Some of Bomberman's palettes:
1 - Default
2 - Red Bomberman (Bomberman II)
3 - Blue Bomberman (Bomberman II)
4 - Robot (Lode Runner)
5 - Nuts (Nuts & Milk)
6 - Gurin (Binary Land)
I want to know what the stage for bomberman is.
Id ask for a Quote palette (Cave Story), but sadly its not on the NES. It would fit perfectly though.
Some screenshots of Bomberman:
"So I'll just lay down this bo-wait what's with the fuse on this":
absolutely loving this!!!!! the hype!!!!
Looks like your done with most of the specials! Nice work.
Btw I can see you renamed Bomb Toss, Bombs away.
Hey About that standing move of the challenger can you make him stop the time and then throw the knives?
Hey About that standing move of the challenger can you make him stop the time and then throw the knives?
Stopping the time for a few seconds might be a great crouching assist attack.
Yeah You're right. :)
Hey When will there The Video With New movesets of the Bomberman ?
@supersonicmix: Not entirely sure on time stopping, it might work but if I do implement it, it'd probably take away half of Bomberman's whole meter bar.
@AntonioQuirino: A few days? A week from now? Hopefully somewhat soon. ._.
Hopefully you are probably 75% done now... You made progress on the April Fools Game you presented. I can tell your almost done with everything. Just the AI and the Helpers are left
...you might want to check Bomberman again in that game and see how he plays. (hint: nothing like how he's supposed to in FCF)
It would be easier if you used GIF's or flash animations to show the specials and how they work ._.
(PS: I realized that it was a sprite edit of simon, retarded me lol)
Well, I do plan on getting a video out with all of his moves although when that will come, I'm not sure. (hopefully soon ._.)
Might as well throw this screenshot here:
@KingPepe2010: AWESOME BOMBERMAN STAGE BUT WAIT RAGIN FLAME? is that super move replace someone?
It's part of the character and lifebar. When a character does a super the name pops up on the lifebar. Thus the name of the super Bomberman is doing is Raging Flame.
@R565: I know about this, i think this is kinda like a new super move. because this is not listed on the list of the super moves
It's actually the first super listed on the first post but I ended up renaming it.
...which I should go fix now.
wait just one flame powerup doesn't make that(Only The Golden one).
Yeah, I know but eh, it'd look silly with a bunch of them appearing at once.
@KingPepe2010: That victory sound of the super famicom fighters you got from fighter street v1 right?
PS: here in brazil i have a nes pirated machine and some catridges.
So, Helpers and AI left?
Ok, Might as well throw a idea for the black bomberman's crouching assist
Crouching - Black Bomberman will throw 2 bombs, one up close and one really far. Great for trapping opponents between bombs. The bombs will explode in 1.5 seconds after coming on contact with the ground. The only way to dodge this would be to get in the very middle of the bombs. (500 Power)
@supersonicmix: LOL F**K YEAH.
@AntonioQuirino: Stop going off-topic.
@supersonicmix: Actually, that could totally work. Thanks for the suggestion!
Thanks, I might come up with a crouching assist with the challenger while I'm doing stuff (And by crouching assist I mean a LEGIT crouching assist, which means you can't stop time)
Ok I got a good crouching assist for the challenger.
Crouching - The Challenger will get powered up (There are no other names for this) and ram into the opponent (Blockable) causing a wall bounce on hit. (500 Power)
The Item the challenger could use will be the Mattōkujira (flying invincible whale), the sword(get faster and stronger), or the jewel(kill all near enemies)?
The Sword is the best choice because
1. Mattokujira is way too cheap and doesn't give you a burst of speed.
2. The Jewel wouldn't really work in fighting game, That's like instant K.O.-ing the opponent
Yeah You Are right. the sword is the best one.
I know this is not the bonus stage topic but i will tell one.
Get the key(Challenger bonus): you have to jump into 4 water geysers and get the item,but there have a jumping Tama(jumping fireball) you have to dodge. and when you get the item yo have to go back and then the bonus is finished.
@supersonicmix: Yeah, I'll definitely use that.
@AntonioQuirino: ...maybe, I'll have to see how that would work out.
@KingPepe2010: hey when you will made master higgings plz remade his sprites in adventure island 4. And the animals you forgot classies(seal). and wait i see your video with bomberman movesets, why have another health bar with urban champion and mario?
@AntonioQuirino: He might of added Tag Team Battles (Maybe I dunno)
@supersonicmix: Hey In famicom fighters have 2 player cooperative?
No, Only Tag Team Single Player (But I may be wrong)
i'm afraid he will don't put 2 player cooperative. but if he put i will challenge alot with my cousin.XD
Yeah, it's tag team. There is a co-op mode where 2 people can be on the same team as well so don't worry.
AntonioQurino, stay on-topic.
Hopefully the helpers are finished quick so I can test out bomberman for bugs/glitches.
Because at my area I only have 3 days left of school. (I'm exempt from exams)
I don't mean to be off-topic. ._.
Eh, you're fine. At least it was related to Bomberman.
Hey supersonic can i help you too to find bugs/glitches in bomberman?
I need your permission too KingPepe2010.
I only ask someone if I need a tester, I don't accept random people.
So, If tag team was implemented it would be like this
- The normal Helpers will be replaced with tag assist
- You can switch by using F/B Select and perform a different special assist when standing or crouching.
- The assists wouldn't take away any power from the power meter.
So lets pretend my assist was Mario. If I was standing and I pressed select. He would do a fireball. If I was crouching and I press select, He would do the Raccoon Tail move.
That's how the assist would work. (I guess)
...you're actually not too far off there to be honest. I'll explain the whole tag team system at some point.
I hope the next version gets released by the end of the month or in the beginning of next month.
Mainly because I want to search for bugs as soon as possible.
Helpers are taking a bit longer than usual. But shouldn't some helpers be resized?
I mean they need to be height equivalent to Bomberman.
Yeah, they would need to be.
"hey hold this for me"
Your getting the helpers done quite nice. I can expect them to be finished pretty quickly. Also that skit tho.
More screenshots featuring the other helpers :P :
Neato. So Bomberman is done besides AI Stuff?
Yeah, pretty much. :P
I might have the new build containing him either out this week or next week.
Oh hey, good to see you're still working on this KingPepe.
Shouldn't be too long before release.. I mean AI takes around only 3-4 hours. (Besides the uploading stuff.)
And yes.. I am very excited about the game. >3<
Today is the deadline. Lets see the new Famicom Fighters. >:3
I think that you're gonna have to do a little harder than THAT, I'm afraid. >_<