YesNoOk

Bad created mugen charachers (Read 24067 times)

Started by Synck, December 23, 2012, 06:19:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Bad created mugen charachers
#61  December 29, 2012, 10:50:40 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
You forgot Melty Blood
Shut up,Melty Blood is awesome.
I hate you for expressing your opinion now.
#62  December 29, 2012, 10:53:22 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Any remotely accurate Big Bang Beat, SVC Chaos, Battle Monsters, Galaxy Fight, Fight Fever, Persona 4 Arena, Street Fighter 1 or Million Knights Vermillion character.  No matter how good your programming is, a shiny turd is still a turd.

You forgot Melty Blood. :P

If you think any game in the Melty Blood series is badly programmed on the level of the ones I mentioned, then you haven't played any of them.
#63  December 29, 2012, 02:29:35 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
WTH when the f- Melty Blood is bad?

i swear some we had some MB original/edits in mugen is bad or worse has been made but the hell we have a damn alot of good original/Custom gameplay authors here

If in their original Game is bad? when screw that you never play the game itself.

so go home and eat your crap thats all i can say
#64  December 29, 2012, 03:03:52 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org

i swear some we had some MB original/edits in mugen is bad or worse has been made but the hell we have a damn alot of good original/Custom gameplay authors here

If in their original Game is bad? when screw that you never play the game itself.

Everyone is entitled to express their own opinions on different fighting games.
#65  December 29, 2012, 03:06:37 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Isn't he entitled to his own opinion?

Anyway I love Melty Blood.  At first I was put off with the combo system and once I got the hang of it I started to like it.  The character gameplay was kind of unique even when using an engine similar to Guilty Gear X2.

As for the characters designs I think that is its weakest specifically what the main characters are wearing which need a fashion make over.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#66  December 29, 2012, 03:37:26 pm
    • Thailand

This, folks, is why you shouldn't needlessly insult people, because you end up making yourself look beyond foolish in the process.
#67  December 29, 2012, 06:05:13 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
People, I was joking. Guy, so much hatred.
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#68  December 29, 2012, 06:09:39 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Mokujin and Devil Jin.
I cant remember the authors names,but Mokujin had 1 sprite,and Devil Jin was a wallpaper whose attack were just moving the arm a lil to the opponent
#69  December 29, 2012, 06:11:11 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
#70  December 29, 2012, 06:13:42 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#71  December 29, 2012, 07:06:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Everyone is free to have an opinion, no one is free from having that opinion contested by others.
#72  December 30, 2012, 12:23:00 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The reason I defend Melty Blood is based purely on objective gameplay design.  A lot of people don't like it for whatever reason (too hard I guess, and you have to actually work for damage).  The games I mentioned earlier all have horrible gameplay design and the only way to make them remotely playable is to throw most of the source material out the window.  Melty Blood doesn't have that problem because it is not an atrociously designed fighter like those games.
#73  December 30, 2012, 12:40:40 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
I'm a pretty bad mugen character. :P

Two versions released and one is barely playable!
#74  December 30, 2012, 01:31:14 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
The reason I defend Melty Blood is based purely on objective gameplay design.  A lot of people don't like it for whatever reason (too hard I guess, and you have to actually work for damage).  The games I mentioned earlier all have horrible gameplay design and the only way to make them remotely playable is to throw most of the source material out the window.  Melty Blood doesn't have that problem because it is not an atrociously designed fighter like those games.
Did you not get that I wasn't being serious? Quit jumping to conclusions without think about the implications of the post.
#75  December 30, 2012, 01:49:41 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
Bringing up the whole "bad characters" thing gives me 'Nam flashbacks of Youtube circa '07.

But generally, even if you can be subjective about this while thing, bad characters can be objective. I wouldn't say comparing source games means anything when it comes to MUGEN characters, it just all depends on how they were put together. Something that is bad shows either lack of experience (which, if it was one the creator's first couple of characters, should be ignored. It's simply horrible because he/she didn't know any better. We've seen creators start making shit and later make good stuff) or that they don't care at all about the end result being enjoyed by everyone.
They just made the character for the sake of making that character, and if that's true, just ignore it because it was just ego inflation for them.
#76  December 30, 2012, 08:03:34 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
Did you not get that I wasn't being serious? Quit jumping to conclusions without think about the implications of the post.

look all that i'm saying is that battle monsters and survival arts are better than melty blood

now check this out, people will take this seriously too

in terms of character design though, i'm dead fucking serious.
#77  December 30, 2012, 08:15:47 am
    • Thailand
Are you serious? Melty Blood is better than those game, eat your own crap you fuck not screw game played it.

More seriously, I like Melty Blood's character design. The characters are simple and their roles are obvious. That's what I like.
#78  December 30, 2012, 08:23:58 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

What about Naruto characters?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#79  December 30, 2012, 11:12:00 am
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org

#80  December 30, 2012, 11:20:03 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
uh no not true. try alexeis they don't suck. though the majority does.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?