YesNoOk

Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread) (Read 1047509 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 26, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread)
#361  October 05, 2015, 11:19:29 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
@YourAverageWallaby:

Hey, Welcome to the Mugen Fighters Guild. :)

If you wanna assist with the project. You can create some character sprites and such. (But it needs to be able to fit in a area of pixels.)
Try on Ninten for practice.

I don't know what you are talking about..

I'm not a furry at all. (´・ω・)
#362  October 05, 2015, 11:37:34 pm
  • Just a normal macropod.
@supersonicmix

Thank you! And I will try on Ninten. But before I do, do I include the stripes the best I can or leave them out?
#363  October 06, 2015, 02:30:08 am
  • Just a normal macropod.
Well, here are two results. The sprite and animation, to me, is decent. On the other hand... I find my portrait to be of lesser quality.

#364  October 06, 2015, 02:49:35 am
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
You are amazing...

Never seen anyone so good in my life ._.

#365  October 07, 2015, 05:46:35 pm
  • New to mugen but first character was a hit.
    • Canada
    • theultimatebrawlmaster@gmail.com
Ok, quick update on this stuff: I'm getting back to work on this game but the stuff I'm currently working on (and have been before) is dealing more with mechanics, AI, balancing and all that which I can't really show.  (except maybe this new pause menu concept which ain't that exciting: http://imgur.com/a/ESgmA) I might release a build with all the changes (although no new characters or stages will be in) at some point. Until that build comes out, I don't think I'll be posting any notable new content in the mean time although I will still check this forum.

@nesmaster: ...I thought I said Link wasn't going to be a character? o.O
Also, I would suggest fleshing him out more and well, replacing the rest of the sprites with actual attacks. This isn't too good. (although your Pit gives me a possible helper behavior that I might consider for future helpers)

well you said in your 1 of your posts:
About Link, I guess you're right about that. I'll reconsider it but at this point, I really don't want to remove him from being a helper either

plus Link is a w.i.p so the w.i.p is not as good right about now.

as for the feedback from you. I will try my best to make the character good. Plus I know that making the sprites and coding would be hard for me. I'm good at the animation but I will try my best to do it. as for the pit helper I think you may be right about that one. you can take off some coding from my pit if you want. I will also try and make link a good character but for now he is unfinished.

@YourAverageWallaby wow. those sprites are really good. better than my link. Your pretty awesome too dude.
16 bit Sonic all the way for creating!
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:31:38 pm by nesmaster
#366  October 09, 2015, 06:09:15 am
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
@YourAverageWallaby: Actually, that Ness animation's not bad. Portrait could use some work though. XP
(also I'll probably PM you at some point for your assistance)

@nesmaster: ...right I forgot about that. I'm still not entirely sold on making Link his own character. Also I get he's a WIP but I would still suggest coming up with a different moveset if possible.
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
#367  October 09, 2015, 01:50:01 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
Making up a moveset for Ninten is very easy to figure out, But making it balanced is a bit hard.
Also making an original moveset is very simple and easy for Ninten since he relies on magic to fight.

#368  October 09, 2015, 05:43:43 pm
    • Canada
@YourAverageWallaby: Actually, that Ness animation's not bad. Portrait could use some work though. XP
(also I'll probably PM you at some point for your assistance)

@nesmaster: ...right I forgot about that. I'm still not entirely sold on making Link his own character. Also I get he's a WIP but I would still suggest coming up with a different moveset if possible.

ok. i will try and make the moves original next time.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:02:45 pm by nesmaster
#369  October 13, 2015, 10:54:24 pm
  • i'm working on Mugen projects
    • France
@KingPepe2010: Just a question. Is Kid Nikki already being worked on or still considered?
(And, as you may have guessed already, I'm back, yes, but that's a secondary matter)
my mugen projects, EVE mugen, Nintedo and Megaman (classic and X) Mugens, IMT projects, Sonic Mugens

Extremmefan : The Rainbow Peacekeeper, Nintendo's Biggest Fan and MUGEN/RPG projects maker
#370  November 26, 2015, 11:19:04 pm
    • Canada
hey kingpepe long time no see. This topic is really old I know but I always look at famicom fighters and think "what other fighters did kingpepe think of, where he got the helpers and what made him think about making famicom fighters" but the thing I always think of is unused helpers, sprites code, animations and other stuff that did not make it into the game. But the thing I saw in mario's sprites is a unused Luigi portrait. It showed Luigi jumping and I thought "Is this sprite suppose to be for the pause menu?" like for example. There could be a helper menu which shows the helpers portrait. Say for example Megaman. He could have Protoman for the helpers part of the pause screen another thing I found in mario's sound file is the sound from mario bros when mario respawns in from the floating platform. I thought this was another entrance for mario since urban champion has 3 intros already but a 2nd intro cannot hurt. And while we are the on the subject of megaman you chose Protoman as megaman's helper and I thought "There must be some unused helpers for megaman like centaur man, Top man, Cut man or Gyro man" So I thought you tried to get the helper for megaman by what they do in the game. Cut man throws his scissors, Centaur man shoots and freezes time, Gyro man shoots gyros and flies and top man throws tops first then goes at the enemy by spinning. But you settled it on protoman. I know he shoots just like megaman but where did you get the idea from the shield being useful. He always has it I know but it never reflected projectiles in megaman 3 But if you have any unused helpers for megaman send me the code, sprites, sounds and data for them. I would love cut man fighting on Megaman's side even though he is in the megaman stage.

Update:
In megaman's sprite folder is the same portrait of luigi but purple a.k.a megaman could of been made by using mario as a base
Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:33:50 pm by nesmaster
#371  January 02, 2016, 05:38:52 am
    • USA
...ok so , basically I was hoping to get all the characters I can in and release a beta build by then except shit just kind of happened (not with this game only but also my life) and things didn't go as well as planned. I do apologize for not mentioning anything and I'll probably release another alpha build with Ryu and Bomberman as well as the team modes soon. Sorry for not keeping an update. ._.

@Extremmefan: I'm still thinking about his conclusion to be honest.

@nesmaster: That Luigi portrait was going to be part of the pause menu but I never implemented it. I thought it seemed a bit silly to include it on the movelist menu when there was no mentioning of helpers anywhere on that menu. (As to why it reappears in Mega Man's SFF file, I just never bothered removing it since I did use Mario as a template)

Honestly, I completely forgot I had the Mario Bros. respawn sound there. ._.
I don't remember why I never made that intro; I might've been lazy and just figured to give everyone 1 non-special intro only (with the exception of Urban Champ who has variations of his intro).

As for Mega Man, I didn't have any plans to have the robot masters involved in his moveset or as helpers one way or another.
BGC Forums
#372  January 04, 2016, 02:29:58 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
I'm glad the project isn't dead. Its been a while since I've heard from you.

#373  January 14, 2016, 02:01:18 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - Antonio Quirino
@KingPepe2010:Suggestion for characters (or helpers), the pilot from super star force, mama from pooyan, hammer from b-wings, lee or oolong from yie-ar kung fu (idk if they was suggested before),the spelunker guy, and the plane from sky destroyer.
#374  January 14, 2016, 02:11:15 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Probably a silly question, but was this the update with Dig-Dug in it? I can't remember if he was one of the newest characters or one of the WIP ones...
#375  January 14, 2016, 03:45:11 am
    • USA
@AntonioQuirino: Use the character request topic

@MR. IBZS II: The beta build was originally going to include Dig Dug. The alpha build I plan on getting out soon won't have him since I haven't coded him yet.
BGC Forums
#376  January 14, 2016, 04:09:55 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Alright, thanks.
#377  February 07, 2016, 03:11:14 am
    • USA
oh hey is that a new build

http://famicomfighters.mcjimmy.net/Famicom%20Fighters%20-%202-6-2016.zip

System
--------
-Team modes, watch modes, survival moves have been brought back.
-Tag teams in Simul (check character's pause menus for commands regarding this)

Characters + Stages (there's probably a lot of balance changes for the characters I might've missed)
--------
(General)
-Ryu and Bomberman have been added; Bomberman's stage has been added.
-Pause menu layout has been completely revamped
-Basic attack knockbacks have been altered, light basics in general have been slowed down.
-During a neutral jump, it's possible to make your character move forward or backward by double tapping a direction. (although Simon doesn't get this now)

(Mario)
-Standing and crouching strong punch animations were changed; crouching strong punch now has more reach
-Raccoon Tail travels slower but Mario moves the instant he preforms it.

(Mega Man)
-Metal Blade (Ground version) doesn't knock the opponent up so high.

(Simon)
-Knife Toss is slower overall
-Whip Swing is slower overall

There's probably way more bug fixes and minor changes I had to do for these characters but I didn't do such a good job keeping track of those...
BGC Forums
#378  February 07, 2016, 04:04:34 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Going to get this just for the Bomberman maze and 4-way explosions. Beautiful work so far with all of this.

Does this content work for normal Mugen? I want that Bomberman stage for my roster.
#379  February 07, 2016, 04:25:19 am
    • USA
Stages should work, character's won't sadly. I might do proper conversions of these characters to be used for standard M.U.G.E.N. however.
BGC Forums
#380  February 07, 2016, 05:50:10 pm
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
Nice job. Should look for bugs now. I will edit this post when I find them.

BUGS FOUND:

- Samus sometimes gets stuck in the air when she uses Wave Beam in the air.
- Samus's Suit changes color when she uses the Missle on alternate palettes. (If this wasn't supposed to happen, please fix it.)
- Mario's Sprite sometimes disappears at the beginning of the Ultimate Power Hyper Move.

Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 06:34:06 pm by オメガオーバードライブ