YesNoOk

I NOW IDENTIFY AS A HAM SANDWICH OR SOMETHING: MAZEMERALD 2 (for ID purposes) (Read 27244 times)

Started by Inactive user, July 07, 2018, 09:27:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: I AM NOT AN AUTHOR/CREATOR.... NOW I AM ONLY A MUGEN EDITOR
#41  July 08, 2018, 08:20:47 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
i won´t put nothing more, just the clean file, who wants to add it manually, i don´t care.

i just clean the file to me, i remove all, author,date,version, it´s a normal custom to me, i haven´t intention to hide nothing, i only don´t like these characteristic into my files.

this is the truth, i like all my files with only the codes and anything more, now neither my name will be included more.

That sounds to me like you're taking more effort than you would if you just added the credit

Seems counterintuitive
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#42  July 08, 2018, 08:27:43 am
Ok have it your way. Now every readme will have=

Author : Capcom CPS2

Ohh look at this... I found out that the author "Capcom CPS2" did a shitty char but if other 30 authors with the exact same nickname released good chars just hours ago.

...Do you know what branding is? bibliography? reference? source? version?

Play some emulator games or go to an arcade if you really want to experience true CAPCOM CPS2 games and leave mugen behind if it bothers you so much, being purist and all.

Let's take a dumbed down approach: "HOMEWORK".

When you present a homework you sign it under your name, you don't sign it with the name of other students or as "Isaac Newton" you know why? because the teacher will qualify you individually, she will classify you by your performance.

So:

"Other students"= Other mugen creators (different versions, different approachs with different performances)
"The teacher"= The mugen players
"Isaac Newton"= CAPCOM/SNK (the source material)
Capcom CPS2= ????

What you are doing is straight up copying what other "students"/coders did without even thanking them and taking all the credit, that, in a professional level is known as plagiarism.

But as in mugen the world is infinite, is amusing to see someone totally in the wrong being so confident. You are entitled to your opinion but get ready for the consequences.

#43  July 08, 2018, 08:40:46 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Eric The Nihilist said:
No, dude. You're totally wrong. I don't mind if people sits their ass and have fun DLing stuff. What I call a parasyte is that type of person who demands stuff to be done without effort, and people who does not give a damm about respecting the creators who previously made content for everyone's use. Tha's what I call a parasyte, not a casual user.
Enlighted?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#44  July 08, 2018, 09:51:52 am
    • Canada
Eric The Nihilist said:
No, dude. You're totally wrong. I don't mind if people sits their ass and have fun DLing stuff. What I call a parasyte is that type of person who demands stuff to be done without effort, and people who does not give a damm about respecting the creators who previously made content for everyone's use. Tha's what I call a parasyte, not a casual user.
Enlighted?

I will concede that point, to be honest I misunderstood Capcominators garbled google translate speak. I didn't think he was actually scrubbing credit from def files. who the fuck does that?

Fuck me for giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

i won´t put nothing more, just the clean file, who wants to add it manually, i don´t care.

i just clean the file to me, i remove all, author,date,version, it´s a normal custom to me, i haven´t intention to hide nothing, i only don´t like these characteristic into my files.

this is the truth, i like all my files with only the codes and anything more, now neither my name will be included more.

See this is what I was talking about about being pretentious. How about from now on you just mark all of your files, "by the artist formally known as Capcominator?"  :megaeyes:
#45  July 08, 2018, 10:06:39 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@Mugen Stuff Editor: As a person who's edited most of his creations, and ripped sprites from non-company sources, I can easily say,
Put your name and the original guy who's stuff you're editing.
#1. There's a lot of versions of characters. Lots and lots and lots. No one wants to download a character they already have. If everyone's name is blank, who made it? Is it different? Are we going to test play for an hour to tell??
#2. PotS and everyone else who makes characters get people that want to see more quality work. When I find a character I like I try to see if there are more. If I find DivinePsy is the best Psylocke I've played with, well I might be interested in trying DivineBlair and every other character DivineWolf created.
#3. Psylocke leads to DivineBlair. Blair was made by author ="Dampir&DivineWolf"... well it's a great character but who's Dampir and what other characters has he edited? Oh wow, he's made Taki. One of my all time favorite characters. Downloaded! On and on people discover more.

I could list about 19, and honestly 19, reasons why you should have the people who created the base and the people who've edited AND your name on anything you make.
author = "Odb718/Slenderman/SeanAltly"
^^^Those two guys deserve credit^^^.

You cant see how many hours went into my Ermac. Heck, I can't. I just know what I've done. And what I did was an edit and it still took months. I can't imagine what it took to get Ermac to where I edited it from.

What I can tell you is, Ripping Rival School Sprites and Samus. I ripped Samus twice. 4 hours of sitting just pressing F12, next frame, F12. Akira was about 8h. Roberto was about 6h. Hyo was 8h. These characters weren't worked on for a half hour here, a half hour there, a little more wednesday. I sat in 1 spot for 8 hours to rip Hyo. I took a bathroom break and my sprites dont line up 100% because of it. So when you have these qualifying statements that this person did one thing and that counts, but this other person only did this. It's bullshit. And to only give me credit for ripping the images is way off. Without N. helping me with Cheat Engine, I wouldn't have gotten that far. I didn't have fun doing any of that. It was SLOW and tedious and it SUCKED. A lot. It sucked a lot. So to hear someone might just erase my contribution to the character is extremely disappointing.

Comments like, "i won´t put 10 names for every sprite i added." are unrealistic. No one is asking you to do this. But if you edit a character ADD your name to it. It's a legacy. Like you said, if someone edits your character to be better you'd applaud them. LET that author do the same! If you delete the name, they wont know. Why erase someone's contribution? If you truly are indifferent to it, you'd ignore it. Join the community and ADD your name to YOUR work!

But like you said, maybe mugen is dying. But if you go back to my example #3, that's how we can breath more life into it.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#46  July 08, 2018, 10:26:37 am
why is crediting such a big issue for you? its literally one sentence acknowledging and thanking the sprite ripper.

you do know that without them you wouldn't be able to get you hands on the sprites right? its true, those assets belong to the company who made them, but the company didn't hand you the sprites on a silver platter. they integrated them in their games.
a mugen hobbyist went through the trouble of ripping them from the games, not only did they do this work unpaid but they also took time out of their life to do it (alot of time). they deserve to be thanked for that, it would also encourage them to do rip more sprites from games.

have you ever used a sprite ripping tool? do you have any idea how complex it could be at times? mr mugen def organizer (lol)?
man i would love to see you struggling to use a funky game cheat tool like artmoney, it would make you appreciate just how much work those guys put in.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#47  July 08, 2018, 11:55:40 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
This is honestly worse than anything I've ever done; because even way back then when the community frowned upon using the work of others, at least I still gave credit.
Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:23:56 pm by Baby Bonnie Hood
#48  July 08, 2018, 12:27:25 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Dude, even if I use sprites from a Capcom game, the code that is developed is still all mine. Capcom has nothing to do on it, so why are you removing my credits and giving them to Capcom??
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#49  July 08, 2018, 04:22:13 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
why is crediting such a big issue for you? its literally one sentence acknowledging and thanking the sprite ripper.

Not even a sentence, it's basically a single word.

Dude, even if I use sprites from a Capcom game, the code that is developed is still all mine. Capcom has nothing to do on it, so why are you removing my credits and giving them to Capcom??

I was gonna say this basically.  Capcom DIDN'T make those MUGEN chars and stages.
#50  July 08, 2018, 04:35:32 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
If you're taking code or sprites from another project, something that someone spent their time on, and decide that they're not worth crediting because they don't hold the IP - that's no better than art theft. No love for those kinds of people. Negligence is a different thing, I didn't think people could stoop this low.

you do know that without them you wouldn't be able to get you hands on the sprites right? its true, those assets belong to the company who made them, but the company didn't hand you the sprites on a silver platter. they integrated them in their games.
a mugen hobbyist went through the trouble of ripping them from the games, not only did they do this work unpaid but they also took time out of their life to do it (alot of time). they deserve to be thanked for that, it would also encourage them to do rip more sprites from games.

have you ever used a sprite ripping tool? do you have any idea how complex it could be at times? mr mugen def organizer (lol)?
man i would love to see you struggling to use a funky game cheat tool like artmoney, it would make you appreciate just how much work those guys put in.

^ I rather just highlight some of the previous statements, to hopefully make it clearer what lesson one could take from this discussion...
Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:41:47 pm by NDSilva
#51  July 08, 2018, 04:43:12 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
thank god there's still some people with sense left arguing otherwise, because dear god is OP stupid

I really applaud each and every one of you for having the patience to deal with someone who's basically shitting on everyone's efforts.
#52  July 08, 2018, 04:49:06 pm
    • USA
Stop trying to @ me so hardcore. Twisting the context yet again smh. No one was agreeing to what was "Now" said. You don't link in our "ideology" because of what he now said. You aren't stupid, we made it clear what our standpoint was and op decided to then take it in a different direction. Its a discussion, put your tilt aside & "personal" gripes. Because someone doesn't agree with "how" you are saying something. No one had been arguing to not give credit, reading comprehension. No one has to give anyone "proof" of anything, you aren't the "Law" there is no law, ya'll really be trying to force someone to validate things for you as if you were the judge. You don't dictate what we have to do. Everyone knows this Wali dude is like that, yes remind you that same guy who gets mad and spouts racism, "why is this line important?" I've deviated from the context to get personal on your character and I don't even know you, nor do I care to, so why the hell bring it to the mix.

Because you can't debate like a man, dig deep and talk about an individuals personal character. If I'm wrong, why is it that you specially get detective to try to check something I post, try to convince, "specifically me" its mandated. I'm talking to "You" specifically, the same guy who reads all my posts and checks them, takes time out of his day to overlook things I am doing, yet you do that to no one else? I'm wrong? Eric obviously can see it, other people obviously can see it. I was specifically talking to the two individuals whom just have a hard on about shit that isn't even relevant to the conversation.
Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:56:23 pm by ;x
#53  July 08, 2018, 04:50:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Who are you talking to?
#54  July 08, 2018, 04:55:17 pm
    • USA
The two guys who keep trying to tag me. The thing about the sprites, I'm literally saying, "oh I did not know that" somehow gets turned into shit.
Making a point that there are many people out there whom can easily do what "now" is being said and how it isn't always "common knowledge"
#55  July 08, 2018, 05:13:13 pm
The two guys who keep trying to tag me.

Can't you just mention them by name? It gets a little confusing when you try to pinpoint people but refrain from using their names.
#56  July 08, 2018, 05:44:16 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I doubt he'll come back to this topic; and even if he does, he probably wouldn't even take anything that's been said in this thread into consideration anyway.  But I still need to say this:

You believe that all works derived from a company's assets should be credited only to that company, even going so far as to remove your own identity to become some kind of anonymous contributor to this community.  That's all fine, you're free to act on your beliefs.  There's just one thing: Not everyone shares your beliefs, and they probably wouldn't appreciate you forcing your beliefs onto them by, for example, making them anonymous just like you by removing the credits from their work.

So you can go ahead and keep doing what you're doing, just don't get anyone else involved especially if they don't agree with your methods.
#57  July 08, 2018, 05:46:45 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Isn't being an ass and refusing to give credit/denying they should be credited grounds for a ban here?
#58  July 08, 2018, 05:55:29 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

ah, i retract my previous statement. it seems this thread was a response to this kinda stuff, from IMT

IN MY OPINION: this isn't cool dude. it's just kind of rude to scribble out the name of the original author intentionally.

you're assuming this is about ego wand whatnot, which is pretty egotistical in itself.

it's not a rule really to give credit but it sure would paint you as a decent person, if you have to go so far as to literally remove credits then it shows the only person having ego is you : /

EDIT:

yeah, uh, all evidence to you not caring points to the contrary when people simply just asked you to leave a credit and you respond like this
Yes, its where it started. We really tried to convince him of the contrary, but it was just waste of time. I know things had changed and such, but most people who edits things by other person AT LEAST leave the original author name. It's just really a matter of respect.

But then he started to spam other topics with this nonsense and he got banned from there.

I could talk more about it, but I think Jesuzilla nailed it:
thank god there's still some people with sense left arguing otherwise, because dear god is OP stupid

I really applaud each and every one of you for having the patience to deal with someone who's basically shitting on everyone's efforts.

It's pretty much this.

Isn't being an ass and refusing to give credit/denying they should be credited grounds for a ban here?

I dunno, but isn't creating double accounts forbidden here? Dunno if anyone remember, but Capcomnator is Mezerald/Mezmeral/something like that. And, if I am not wrong, he was already banned from here, no?

Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 05:59:06 pm by O Ilusionista
#59  July 08, 2018, 05:56:12 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

You are working in stuff done by others. In a community. You reach to it empty handed and you are writing over the name of others for "custom".
Thats not normal, thats being a douche to those that tolled away and worked on things before you. No one minds that you are adding your name to stuff you edited. People get bothered if you try to pass off their work as being yours or as being attributed to "no one". If you cant understand that you should reconsider how much work people take into these things.
Jnp alone tolled months for a sprite sheet, you are redistributing his work but pretending that he didnt and saying its your "custom".

You cant handwave being an ass to others as being just your way of being that just means you are an ass.

The two guys who keep trying to tag me. The thing about the sprites, I'm literally saying, "oh I did not know that" somehow gets turned into shit.
Making a point that there are many people out there whom can easily do what "now" is being said and how it isn't always "common knowledge"

The fact that you didnt know that and that those things arent well known isnt helped by people removing credits to those that worked on the stuff before them.  So you pretty much proved that yeah , there should be crediting going around whenever possible.

Its just the polite thing to do for others that have provided you with this content.
#60  July 08, 2018, 06:00:53 pm
    • USA
The two guys who keep trying to tag me.

Can't you just mention them by name? It gets a little confusing when you try to pinpoint people but refrain from using their names.
Unimportant
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also you who just posted, never have I said anything about not doing that. Everything this dude just said today is his own opinion that just got escalated.