YesNoOk

Mugen Programing/coding Academy (Read 55732 times)

Started by IKEISLEGEND, October 28, 2022, 11:52:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen Programing/coding Academy
#21  November 01, 2022, 01:58:46 am
Wish I'd seen this before I spent €9000 learning how to code for Mugen.

Phantom Of The Server??? No Waayyy!!!! I loved your Charlie and Rare Akuma I rememeber when you first released them.... My brother showed me your chars he Loved your Charlie as well Its still the best cvs no groove style char ever..... BTW sry to hear you spent so much money on this.... But Im not sry because youved invested in yourself sir... This is whats required to do anything that is among great make, the investment in yourself.... Thus look where that investment brought you Pots Your one of the biggest name in The history of this community.... Everyone wants to be you match you, but since they aren't willing to make the investment in themselves they sadly will forever be in your shadow so to speak..... Tho with this Pots slogan going around p1 this is their desired position I guess...... Dont mind my rambling its my thank you and greeting again I loved your Charlie and Rare Akuma...

Wait, do you really believe he spent 9000€ to learn to code Mugen characters? :omg:
#22  November 01, 2022, 02:05:01 am
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
As someone who teaches for a living, I can say that private academies require a huge amount of prestige to start and gather enough students. For that, you are going to require teachers with very good credentials or a ton fame.

If I were you, I'd start by making a couple of tutorials for free, then ask for donations for your other content. Maybe do everything for free and get a Patreon.

Also posting here because this honestly deserves Hall of Fame.

Now this is some QotD worthy content.

Imagining asking for money to show people how to do basic coding on the same exact forum where said resources can be acquired for free?

HUMPH!!!!  Good Bye to the 3 of you
HIDDEN BOSS
#23  November 01, 2022, 02:06:49 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
This will be a paid course costing $30USD per student

How about you pay me $30 instead to pretend to be your student, and then maybe we can talk. =/

In all seriousness, for any new coders out there,
don’t waste your money on an expensive teacher when the Mugen community will help you out for free, what with advice & coding guides.
#24  November 01, 2022, 02:12:20 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
#25  November 01, 2022, 02:15:28 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yea, asking for money for lessons for something with multiple free resources available and multiple people willing to help out for free is not a very good business plan.
#26  November 01, 2022, 02:19:25 am
    • USA
This will be a paid course costing $30USD per student

How bout you pay me $30 instead to pretend to be your student, then we’ll talk. =/

In all seriousness, for any new coders out there, don’t waste your money on an expensive teacher when the Mugen community will help you out for free, what with advice & coding guides.
There’s a help center channel in the MFG Discord, in fact.
I’d be happy to help to the best of my ability. ^w^

If 30 dollars expensive to you then good luck paying for nearly anything that cost money at all Bwahhaha...............

HIDDEN BOSS
#27  November 01, 2022, 02:22:36 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
If you need those 30$ that hard, don't be shy and ask for them, but don't cover yourself in such a shame. There's a bunch of better coders than you who offers their help for free.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#28  November 01, 2022, 02:28:00 am
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
brb gonna steal mom's credit card from her purse so I could blow off 30 bucks to learn how to butcher MysticBlaze's Mech Akuma by giving him overpowered moves
#29  November 01, 2022, 02:33:40 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I think it's enough, guys.

Ike, I honestly think tht you should have started helping other people for free(as some coders or spriters does) and once you're good enough, try to charge for your help. I for example can not do my wish project because I don't know how to code and I'm VERY short in time, so you could focus in this kind of people. Imagine that you can help someone to learn coding and this one can help you learning to sprite. That's a win-win situation and not just 2of you are benefited about this, but the whole community. So, this could help you to clean a bit your name from previous stuff and MAYBE people would be more than glad to be in that academy.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#30  November 01, 2022, 02:36:29 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

So, doing the same thing you always do, not listening to what others are saying.

It's ironic that you're trying to "teach code" when in the past we gave you feedback on characters you made so you could make them better and you did exactly what you're doing now, you didn't listen. You ignored every advice we gave you.

Really wish you could listen and get better and actually use what you learn to help other people. I guess some things never change.
Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 02:41:23 am by Nintendo DS
#31  November 01, 2022, 03:49:13 am
    • USA

So, doing the same thing you always do, not listening to what others are saying.

It's ironic that you're trying to "teach code" when in the past we gave you feedback on characters you made so you could make them better and you did exactly what you're doing now, you didn't listen. You ignored every advice we gave you.

Really wish you could listen and get better and actually use what you learn to help other people. I guess some things never change.

The problem with history is that it repeats itself, like you boys double and triple posting on my every post in MFG.... The Phantom Came here gave a thought and went didnt bother me or anyone else, why couldn't you follow? Isnt he your idols?.......  Master Of Fist is bout to hit 20k reads here alone hundreds of downloads, Cyclops well over 10k hundreds of downloads Mvc2 bout to hit 40k with much more content coming...... Master Of Fist is more popular than all of your content combined for the duration of your membership Here..... Ill leave you with this, the key doesn't open the door you do... If you listened to yourselves  more you would talk less..... Good Bye

HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 04:26:11 am by IKEISLEGEND
#32  November 01, 2022, 04:40:49 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
The amount of delusion here is astonishing, good lord.

I mean we're all thinking it so fuck it I'm saying it.
#33  November 01, 2022, 04:56:41 am
    • Philippines

The problem with history is that it repeats itself, like you boys double and triple posting on my every post in MFG.... The Phantom Came here gave a thought and went didnt bother me or anyone else, why couldn't you follow? Isnt he your idols?.......  Master Of Fist is bout to hit 20k reads here alone hundreds of downloads, Cyclops well over 10k hundreds of downloads Mvc2 bout to hit 40k with much more content coming...... Master Of Fist is more popular than all of your content combined for the duration of your membership Here..... Ill leave you with this, the key doesn't open the door you do... If you listened to yourselves  more you would talk less..... Good Bye

Those numbers don't mean jack if this is how you present yourself.
#34  November 01, 2022, 05:27:03 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
If he wants to die on this hill, let's leave him to it. He's clearly desperate.
#35  November 01, 2022, 06:51:47 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Yeah, fair. Tbh, even if his knowledge WAS worth the money, his behavior definitely isn't lol
#36  November 01, 2022, 09:03:52 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I feel a bit bad about joking after you were so nice to me in that reply. You won't make (much) money this way, but I wish you the best.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#37  November 01, 2022, 12:25:44 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I've been charging $40 for this same service for years, I'm not about to let some competitor just waltz in and steal my business.

That's why for the month of November I'll be lowering my prices to just $20 now. You'll get better service for a fraction of the price. You don't want to miss out on this [SPECIL DEAL].
#38  November 01, 2022, 12:41:19 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'll teach anyone Ol Dirty Code for free if they're willing to listen.
I think I should set up a pay-gate on my Mugen 101 post....

honestly, this isn't TERRIBLE if he's going to screen share and set up a discord and sit with another person for an hour on a schedule. But it's going to be hard to find a customer imho.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#39  November 01, 2022, 04:56:54 pm
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
Lmao
#40  November 01, 2022, 06:10:28 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org